[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
radio interference
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6
File: Beolit_39_radio_1939.jpg (48 KB, 565x304) Image search: [Google]
Beolit_39_radio_1939.jpg
48 KB, 565x304
not sure if anyone remembers my old post about radio interference every night at 2am on the dot...

so the FCC got involved almost IMMEDIATELY... came out to my house with measurement equipment. Darigold (the nearest factory) was called and part of the investigation. They were cleared and found nothing from their factory that could be making the noise...

this is where it gets hilarious...

the FCC found the source:

there's an illegal grow op and they have timers set to 2am for their vents and lights.

kek.

not sure if I just got them all v& or what... but that's what happens when you run your shit on a single outlet and cheap extension cables.
>>
>>52004174
They had enough line noise off of a power outlet for you to detect it? How far away was the source?
>>
>>52004174
I get stuff like that when I turn on my old guitar amps, really annoying if I have the tele on it'll get all fuzzy.
>>
>>52004174
Kek
>>
Guess the answer is not as spoopy as we thought. Still those vocaroos are nightmare fuel.
>>
>>52004174
Yeah i remembered OP and holy shit great story
>>
>>52004262
>Still those vocaroos are nightmare fuel.
Would you mind posting?
I missed the previous thread.
>>
>>52004199

I don't know, apparently?

FYI here's the recording:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Fg4jSMnBUo
>>
>>52004174
>not sure if anyone remembers my old post about radio interference every night at 2am on the dot...
Archive link?
>>
>>52004262
>>52004280

see here

>>52004286

I initially posted in /x/ and they said I was making this shit up.

it's every night at 2am. comes through my speakers loud then fades away. sounds like grumbling/wooshing/zooming. weird as fuck but it's good to know it's just a bunch of stoners who don't know how to wire grow lights properly.
>>
>>52004280
>>51977638 archive
>>
>>52004174
Wow, 10/10, impressive. The answer is way more entertaining than what I expected.
>>
>>52004174
You should've asked the FCC for some of the confiscated weed as a reward.
>>
>>52004319
>I initially posted in /x/ and they said I was making this shit up.
Of all the people to call this shit out as fake. It's /x/. I honestly expected UFO theories from them over this.

Also. Thanks for Vocaroo drop. I can imagine that being a little unnerving for you, especially not expecting it.
>>
>>52004315

>>51977638
>>
>>52004329
No you fool he should have asked for some spectrum.
>>
Where was the OP exactly. I imagine with the power of the interference it must have been practically under you.
>>
>>52004383
If it was on the same city block, or in a more rural area the interference could have been feeding back through a high voltage line and affecting everyone in the area. That could be likely considering the FCC's quick response.
>>
>>52004174

Remember to claim your share of the forfeiture.
>>
>>52004383

I don't want to give away my exact location, but I am in Seattle and the grow up is literally next door to my house, on the same elevation, about 50ft from my speakers.

I just assumed it was nothing but a home office in there when the lights were on at night.
>>
>>52004456
OK nvm, I know OP reported this to the FCC after reading archive.
>>
>>52004286

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXEiU6JEnD4
>>
Did they test the hypothesis by turning the lights on manually to see if it triggered the interference?
>>
Oh wow, I couldn't have imagined more ridiculous explanation.

Just how much of shitty ass equipment you have to use to produce enough interference/dirty current to be picked up by speakers.

Also as a Europoor I wonder.

Why does FCC gets involved in such shit? And why so rapidly?
I can understand their intervention in case of lets say illegal radio broadcasts over legal signal strength and such.
But it was just radio noise that despite not occuring randomly was harmless and unintentional in it's nature.

Is there some spoopy X-Files explanation, like in Project Seafarer (ELF communication system) that FCC is afraid of?
>>
>>52004538
Interference of that level could disrupt communications in the area so I assume it was for public safety. Plus, if I were an FCC worker, I would probably have checked it out out of sheer interest.
>>
DUDE
WEED
LMAO
>>
>>52004538
>Why does FCC gets involved in such shit? And why so rapidly?

The FCC is a heavily militarized government agency that has very, very little to do aside from hand holding cell service providers. They have vans full of radio equipment used for tracking pirate radio signals that are still widely used. FCC employees drive around every day hunting would be airwave violators. Apparently cheap Baofeng radios becoming more common is posing a problem for HAM operators, lots of people using the repeaters without a license, lots of people violating statues by broadcasting music over them and things like that.

When something actually worthwhile comes to their attention they jump on it like Joe Rogan on all that DMT hes never tried.
>>
>>52004286

That's some spooky ass sound you should make a halloween mix for the trick or treaters
>>
File: Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg (56 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg
56 KB, 320x240
>>52004588
>Interference of that level could disrupt communications in the area so I assume it was for public safety. Plus, if I were an FCC worker, I would probably have checked it out out of sheer interest.
That's exactly a post I would expect from a gubmint official trying to cover up the whole story.
>>
>>52004681

at 2am the mind control array fires up to steal peoples' subversive thoughts through the fluoride nanobots you heard it here first
>>
>>52004668
Fuck you.
Now I need a fresh glass of gin..
>>
>>52004681
Who knows, I assume FCC employees have a lot of free time at work. New job idea.
>>
File: 244464984.png (262 KB, 1996x1572) Image search: [Google]
244464984.png
262 KB, 1996x1572
>>52004625
>The FCC is a heavily militarized government agency that has very, very little to do aside from hand holding cell service providers. They have vans full of radio equipment used for tracking pirate radio signals that are still widely used. FCC employees drive around every day hunting would be airwave violators. Apparently cheap Baofeng radios becoming more common is posing a problem for HAM operators, lots of people using the repeaters without a license, lots of people violating statues by broadcasting music over them and things like that.
>When something actually worthwhile comes to their attention they jump on it like Joe Rogan on all that DMT hes never tried.
Well fuck sounds like a job for me.
Too bad I'm euroshit.
>>
>>52004286
holy fuck that's spoopy
>watching a movie in the middle of the night
>suddenly hear that shit coming from your speakers for seemingly no reason
That would scare the piss out of me
>>
I would move out if the sound continues after this to be honest famalam
>>
Oh man this was the perfect ending to a spooky tale.
Thanks for sharing OP, my day is now a little brighter.
>>
File: elite-daily-soldier-crying.jpg (134 KB, 485x323) Image search: [Google]
elite-daily-soldier-crying.jpg
134 KB, 485x323
>>52004174
>>52004322
>>52004349
I realised how fucking sad this is.

These are exactly the kind of threads which i'd like to see when visiting /g/.
It's so fucking refreshing after hours of scrolling past shitty consumerist shit.
>>
>>52004837
I've got 95% of /g/ on filters.
It's honestly quite nice to refresh the page and only see hidden titles.
>>
>>52004837
Yeah but it makes scrolling through page after page of shitty generals, tech support thread and desktop threads worth it.
>>
>>52004533
Bumping for interest
>>
>>52004852
/\/w+\//
>>
>>52004447
Me too. Roughly what area pf Seattle? I want to know how close this was to me
>>
That's pretty funny. Was it crappy wiring or the fluorescent lights?
>>
>>52005138
Columbia City / Beacon Hill

You probably know where the Darigold factory is... find the MMJ place.
>>
>>52004533

no idea. FCC dude told me they no longer need me to be involved. I'm not exactly on friendly terms with the MMJ place.. they had raw sewage leaking from their septic tank into my yard, untrimmed blackberry bushes, garbage thrown into my yard, their "patients" parking in my driveway...
>>
>>52006143

no idea... but they did say it was a timer set to 2am and it turns on their "grow op" which includes vents and lights... they said it's bad wiring and they don't need me to be involved now... so I probably won't find out what happens next unless the MMJ owner leaves me a friendly voicemail, or it's on the news.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.