[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be largely tech illiterate (my dad and brother are the ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: speccy.png (17 KB, 462x305) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
17 KB, 462x305
>be largely tech illiterate (my dad and brother are the ones helping me with computer things for the most part)
>have pic
>considering getting a new monitor during post christmas sales
$300 budget. I play a wide variety of games (outside the most played ones mentioned below) and while I don't play competitively in any, I still prefer to not blame any of my tools for my mistakes. I play a lot of shooters but also games like DMC, Souls, even MOBAs if I have friends around for it.
>>
>>52001552
Oh yeah and
>Windows 10
It's because I was on the preview thing. I'm considering going back to Windows 7 or 8.1, not sure which. 10 has started to cause vsync in everything I do on either monitor though, no idea when it happened but it wasn't like this some months ago.
>>
>>52001552
>GTX 970
Anon, before you think about monitors you need a proper graphics card that doesn't have defective memory, a brand new monitor will mean nothing when what it's showing you is just a stutterfest.
Either upgrade to a GTX 980 (or 980 Ti, if you have the money), or change to a R9 390 or 390X (or Fury X, if you have the money).
>>
>>52001669
I come from a 2gb 560, and I have yet to play a game that uses up so much memory.
>>
Take your expensive custom built game console back to >>>/v/
>>
>>52001701
First, there are already games that use over 4 GB of VRAM at 1080p if you use the highest settings (let alone 3.5), although at this point there are few examples.
But memory requirements will increase over time. Back in 2007 on the Crysis days, 512 MB were plenty for 1080p gaming. A couple years later that was no longer enough, and 1 GB cards became standard for 1080p. Then that was not enough, and 2 GB cards became standard for 1080p. Today 2 GB is no longer comfortable enough for 1080p, and even 3 GB is starting to feel a little tight. And now that the consoles have plenty of VRAM. So right now you may not be seeing a lot of games with that high VRAM demands, but soon enought there will be plenty.
>>
Manchild.
>>
>>52001948
That's fine. I'm not concerned about it right now, and could easily upgrade it maybe when the next generation of cards have dropped in price. It really isn't worth it right now.

>>52001970
What else would you use a computer for? Excel?
>>
>>52001970
>disgusting, those manchildren are talking about videos games

>I'm so mad I'll close this browser tab and get back to my anime and my waifu
>>
>>52002156
>>52001984
Not him but fuck off back to >>>/v/.

Computer games are for 12 year olds. If you're older than that, you are a manchild. Fuck you.

Oh and yes. Computers are only used for games and excel. You dumb fuck.
>>
>>52002241
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>52002241
>Computer games are for 12 year olds.

>GTA V
>Rated M / PEGI 18

How can you be this retarded?

Also, like it or not, computer hardware is still technology even when used for gaming purposes, faggot. If you don't like it, GTFO.
>>
>>52001948
The ps4's gpu shares it's 8gb gddr5 with the cpu, it's not dedicated vram.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.