[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm a gamer with only a little hardware know-how,,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 715IUIBbvuL._SL1350_.jpg (148 KB, 1350x1053) Image search: [Google]
715IUIBbvuL._SL1350_.jpg
148 KB, 1350x1053
Hey /g/,

I'm a gamer with only a little hardware know-how,, so I need your help.
A couple of days ago, my PC started acting weird, with visual artifacts and random crashes. After getting it to run for a short time, I ran a FurMark test, which caused a crash. Next time I turned on the computer, the GPU fan was working unbelievably hard, and the GPU got VERY hot. My computer is now unusable.

My questions are:
1) Is there any way for me to make sure if any other hardware is damaged, before I buy a new GPU?
2) My build is approximately 3 years old. Which GPU would be the most optimal one for my current build (see below)? I'm guessing putting a GTX 980 in such an old build would mostly be a waste of money.

Build:
Motherboard: MSI X79A-GD45 8D
CPU: Intel i7 (3,6 GHz) Core i7-3820
GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7970 (R.I.P.)
RAM: 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance LP
PSU: Corsair TX850M
>>
>>51996637
I had a 'similar' problem a couple years back. If you're on windows, try booting into safe mode and see if these issues still occur. My problem was with the drivers. Installing them would instantly cause my computer to crash anytime it reached the login screen.
>>
OP here,
I'm not entirely sure about the CPU, though I think it's the i7-3820, based on the LGA 2011 socket in my motherboard and because I think i remember it having 3,6Ghz
>>
>>51996676
OP again. Yeah, that is very much the same problem. Safe mode works, even though there are still red lines all over the screen. I recently updated the AMD drivers, but undid the update from safe mode. It didn't remove the problem, though.
>>
>>51996676
How did you fix the problem?
>>
>>51996727
Bought a new video card lol
I'm not entirely sure what the fuck was wrong with it. One day it just started crashing, i didn't update/install new drivers. I think there might have been something physically wrong with it and installing the drivers must have started up the parts that were fucked on it? I'm not too good with hardware. I still have the thing in my closet for the day I feel like trying to mess with it again though.

Sorry that I wasn't any help...
>>
>>51996820
It's always good to hear that you're not alone, though. You made me cry a bit less.
>>
>>51996836
yeah man, i feel you. Shit's stressful cause those parts are so damn expensive
But you've had it for a couple years so the things run its life span anyways

good luck
>>
>>51996637
XDDD BROOO THATS SUM LEET HARDWARE XDD CANT WAIT TO PLAY THE NEW ASSASSINS CREED GAME XDD NICELY MEMED HAHA BRO BRO SHOW ME THAT SICK MEME AGAIN BRO THAT WAS THE SICKEST MEME IVE EVER SEEN BRO XDD BRO THATS A SICK MEME LOL I LIKE THE ONE WITH THE DOGE XD OK BYE BRO GOTTA GO UPDATE MY RAZER SYNAPSE AND WINDOWS 7 XDDD ANY WINDOWS AFTER 7 SUCKS XDD LINUX? MORE LIKE,,, NO GAMESUX BECAUSE I DONT UNDERSTAND THAT LINUX IS A DEVELOPMENT TOOL AND NOBODY WHO IS SMART PLAYS VIDEO GAMES XDDDD LE CONSOLEFAGS AMIRITE DAE HATE CONSOLEFAGS TROLEEEEE XDDD OK BRO BYE XDD
>>
>>51996637
BROOO HAVE THAT PLAYED THE NEW COD GAMR BRO XD SHOW ME THAT FUCKING SICK MEME XD WOW BRO THATS A FUNNY MEME DAE PC MASTERRACE?? HAAHAH CIRCLE JERK XDD LE KEKOLD MEME WOW CONSOLEFAGS AMIRAITE!!!! HAHAHA CONSOLEFAGS LELELELEL WOW FREEBSD XD MORE LIKE FREENOGAMESD LOL TROLLED!!! LOL WINDOWS XD COMES WITH MY COMPUTER RIGHT? HOW DO I INSTALL MAC OS X ON MY PCCCC!!! PC!! XDDDDD HEYS GUYS IM A GAAAAAAMER
GAAAAMER
IM A GAMER GUYS
QUICK, LOOK AT ME AND GIVE ME A LABEL FOR SITTING ON MY ASS EVERY DAY AND PLAYING GAMES LOL XDDD my uncle abused me every day for sixteen years and i use video games as an escape because i want to kill myself, linux? more like nogamessux!!!! >freetards XD
>>
>>51996637
Seriously why are XFX cards so shitty?

I had a XFX 6950 back like 4 years ago, and it did exactly the same shit (in my case it was faulty VRAM), luckily only 6 month after I bought it so I got my money back under warranty because they didn't even make them anymore and had no replacement unit
>>
>>51996967
U NEED A TITAN SLI LOL WHAT DO U MEEN YOU CANT AFFORD LOL GTFO THE MASTERRACR XD CONSOLE PEASENT XDDD LOL I LOVE MICROSOFT WINDOWS 911 4 LYFE
>>
>>51996862
Thanks, man!

>>51996967
Are XFX cards generally just shit?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.