[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STOP ATTRACTING NORMIES TO LINUX YOU FUCKING IDIOTS HOW DO YOU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10
File: _20151222_082904.jpg (56 KB, 1080x301) Image search: [Google]
_20151222_082904.jpg
56 KB, 1080x301
STOP ATTRACTING NORMIES TO LINUX YOU FUCKING IDIOTS
HOW DO YOU NOT SEE THE WRONG IN THIS
NORMIES WILL RELEASE THEIR STUPID SOFTWARE ON LINUX AND SHIT UP THE PLATFORM
THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING WITH STEAM RIGHT NOW!!!
KEEP LINUX OBSCURE BEFORE WE ALL HAVE TO MOVE TO BSD
>>
>>51988384
>Pj Pj
DESIGNATED
>>
>>51988384
When BSD gets too crowded, we're moving to Solaris. I'll bring my flash drives.
>>
stop being so intolerant OP
>>
>>51988384
More software is always good. No one's going to stop you from using quality software.
>>
Don't worry, Linux has no way to penetrate the normie market since it only comes preeinstalled on 1% of desktop/laptop hardware.
>>
>>51988472
Probably less, and a good 88% of the masses forget how to turn their computer on.
>>
>>51988384
write a letter to microsoft then, they're the ones trying to get people to use other platforms
>>
>>51988384
We must accept the Windows/Mac refugees to ensure a stronger diverse GNU/Society.
>>
>>51988384
Normies and regular users aren't the ones shitting up Linux f.am
>>
>>51988542
What are we going to do once they see a terminal and start crying?
>>
>>51988618
simple: no more terminals :^)
>>
>>51988644
I don't want to go on living anymore.
>>
>>51988618
No one's crying, newcomers are just disappointed. You seem to be out of touch with normal people.
>>
>>51988660
Don't worry, Anon. We'll set them all up with Gnome 3.0 and they'll be happy.
>>
>>51988682
>why is my battery life 1h less than on Windows?
>why can't I use x, y and z programs?
>why does it take so long to boot?
etc. etc.
>>
>>51988725
Pretty much.

>muh gaimez
>>
>getting mad at people not knowing how to use linux (yet)

Is this why the Linux "gurus" I see are often obese 50-something white men ?
>>
>>51988725
>why can't I use x, y and z programs?
The owners of x, y and z have decided that they don't want to help you here. You've chosen to subject yourself to their control over x, y and z.
>>
lol

>linux is meh secrut club

And then you were the cancer.
>>
File: ducktales.jpg (11 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
ducktales.jpg
11 KB, 250x226
>>51988384
>it's used in tv shows

>This is an argument.
Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>51990038
Just jump on the bandwagon, you Indian virgin NEET!
>>
>>51989885
Not a secret club, the last hope of computing
>>
File: 4L_RnELBKv6.png (940 KB, 590x629) Image search: [Google]
4L_RnELBKv6.png
940 KB, 590x629
>>51988384
Im already on BSD. Have fun in in linux land with the new influx of normies and sjws
>>
>le normies XD

i f*cking love this meme!
>>
>Tfw normie af desu by /g/ standards
At least I try to be tech literate
>>
>>51989132
> knowing how to use Linux

No, you fucking retard, it will result in Linux being normified and reduced to a kiddy OS like wangblows and OS X.

We'll lose our ability to do anything with our Linux because retards will bitch and moan until everything is done for them.
>>
>>51990346
>We'll lose our ability to do anything with our Linux
It's not Windows or OS X, there isn't a single company controlling everything and deciding on the direction things go whether you like it or not.
Remember that it wasn't a normie that created systemd. No normie is going to touch your tiling WMs either.
>>
>>51988384
>almost 2016
>still speaking the third most popular language
私は確かにあなたたちはそれをしない願っています。
>>
>epic normies xddd guys!!!!
>>
>>51989132
>Ubuntu/mint panders to normies
>change distro

Woaw that is too hard le.normies le ruin everything reeeee, etc.
>>
>>51990475
でも日本語わかります、、かうぇえあぼー
>>
>>51990670
私は日本を読み取ることができません。
>>
>>51988471
>Genpub starts using Linux
>Corps begin serving genpub on Linux
>Corpware crowds goodware on Linux
>Lindevs begin serving genpub on Linux
>Linux is not Linux
LogiX™

>More software is always good. No one's going to stop you from using quality software.
>except quality software will become less abundant
>>
>>51990346
>until everything is done for them
Isn't that the point of having an operating system?

Manage all the hardware resources and juggle background software shit so the user can be productive with programs (hopefully) without dealing with bullshit technical problems?
>>
>>51988384
Maybe when more people start using GNU+Linux distros, more focus will go into making better ui/ux.
>>
>>51988384
OP is got the point. Its happening with every single thing in our world: music, movies, games, programs, smartphones,... etc.
>>
>>51990950
THANKS FOR PROVING MY FKN POINT
>>
>>51990475
>>51990703
>私は
>>
>>51988384
>its used in tv shows
>gets the best apps first
>THESE ARE "ARGUMENTS"
>>
hey guys i just installed gnome after watching mr robot lol XD how do i become elite hacker PS what does sudo mean?
>>
>>51988384
>being a black kid
>with an iPhone
>everyone thinks you stole it
>>
>>51990703
stop it バカ
>>
>>51991674
>what does sudo mean?
It tells computer that you are super and that nobody can control you and tell you what you aren't allowed to do. Without this it might not know.
>>
>lol why the fuck do people use windows install linux you fags
>OMG NORMIES FUCK OFF OUT OF MY OS
linux fags have mental disorders
>>
>>51990475
>tfw I never put much thought into learning moon runes
>>
>why cant i download this program
>the exe wont run
>where do i download programs for linux
>what i dont know how to use a terminal
>is there a GUI alternative to this software
>why arent my drivers working
>how do i turn up the sound
>i bought this new (somewhat obscure peripheral) and plugged it in and it doesnt work
>how do i sync to my iphone

Normies will never come to linux, rest assured.
>>
>>51991706
"Linux fags" isn't one person, you dolt.
>>
>>51988384
THAT'S WHAT WE WERE TRYING TO ACHIEVE SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND ENJOY THE INEVITABLE DEATH OF OPEN SOURCE SHIT.
>>
File: 1420030036326.gif (11 KB, 730x413) Image search: [Google]
1420030036326.gif
11 KB, 730x413
>>51990703
>日本を読み取ることができません
>日本
>>
>>51992117
>>51992117
He "cant read japan" lol
>>
>>51988437
Then minix, then plan 9, then TempleOS
>>
Sweet secret club.
>>
File: Serious Cat - Image #95,532.jpg (30 KB, 400x354) Image search: [Google]
Serious Cat - Image #95,532.jpg
30 KB, 400x354
1. You could use a minimal install or LFS and then add the "normie free" packages you want.
2. Ignore the whining of inexperienced users the same way you ignore the whining of 'experienced' users like yourself.
3. ???
4. Profit.
>>
>>51992772
>Implying it's that easy
Look at gnome 3. they shit up the most popular and established DE for what? to be used by normies in tablet.
Now Imagine the same happen with XFCE, bash, linux, grub and pretty much everything else.

>because we realized too many fuck up their hdd and lose data, we have decided to remove dd in the future versions of gnu coreutils

fuck that.
normies >>>/out/
>>
File: ubuntu_best_buy_bag.jpg (265 KB, 920x955) Image search: [Google]
ubuntu_best_buy_bag.jpg
265 KB, 920x955
>>
>>51990038
>>it's used in tv shows

What is 'product placement,' Alex?
>>
>>51992835
You probably spent more on that then you would on a flash drive for a live install. I wasn't even aware that best buy sold ubuntu.
>>
>>51992816
>Look at gnome 3. they shit up the most popular and established DE for what? to be used by normies in tablet.
Now Imagine the same happen with XFCE, bash, linux, grub and pretty much everything else.
>There won't be forks to keep their pet programs normie-proof

The true beauty of FLOSS. If I disagree with other developers, I can just create my own and keep going on my vision. Also, software becomes a hydra. If piece of software has their developers go under or something, a million more can rise to take it's place.
>>
>>51988384
>More normies
>More investments
>More free drivers
>Ubuntu userbase keeps getting fucked
I don't see a problem. If there is enough normies maybe someday photoshop will be come to linux.
>>
>>51988430
SHITTING
>>
>>51991965
but they behave like hivemind
>>
>>51990215
>implying you're better than them and not a fedora autistic edgelord
>>
Pretty good platform you got there if it gets messed up by more hardware
:carat-nose:
>>
>>51993110
$20 could get you a 64GB stick, so yea, you got ripped.
>>
>>51988384

Linux is for plebs, Windows is for normies.

True patricians use UNIX, the best utilisation of that is currently OSX
>>
>>51995933
>>
>>51992835
> End of: wasted time.

kek
>>
>>51990208
bastion, anon. Not hope, bastion.
>>
Mint is first imo
>>
Man /g/ is stupid these days.
How exactly do you think "normies" are going to shit up Linux? Is Linus going to change the software he's running to suit other people?
We're just going to end up with a wider spread of distros to cover the ground between grandma and the grouchy old C programmers. No-one is going to force you to use the "baby-tier" software.
>>
>>51988430
question: is everyone with a non-anglican name is DESIGNATED?
>>
linux will always be for logical thinking and technical people. in this world that we live not even 10% of the population develops and actually knows how tech works, 90% of the population just uses all this technology they have without fucking knowing how it works. never will normies come to linux and if the come, they will be stuck with ubuntu for ever.
>>
>>51997135
It seems to me like people ONLY use linux because it makes them look special..

I know how PCs work, i'm more interested in hardware though, and i use windows because it works fine for me. Just because i dont need to fuck around with the OS i use doesnt mean i dont know what I'm doing.

You're not a tech genius because you use linux, otherwise I'd be a coca cola master for using a soda maker
>>
I like iPhone more than android. I just find that it has more quality control, and flash is going away now so who cares.
>>
>>51995933

OSX is unix-like, anon.
>>
>>51995633
This. Ubuntu is the only community that's going to get fucked with overcrowding. Using a non-entry level distro is the easiest way to sidestep all that bullshit.
>>
>>51997298
and what flavour do they use? bubuntu.
>>
I think I've seen more windows phones used in TV shows than iphones
>>
>>51996541
Becaouse poo in the loo.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.