[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I been running a bitcoin miner on my gaming rig for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: america.jpg (31 KB, 423x425) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
31 KB, 423x425
Hey /g/, I been running a bitcoin miner on my gaming rig for the past 2 days, and still haven't seen a bitcent in my wallet. I'm very sure I've got my username and everything typed in correctly, but I'm having trouble figuring out if something is wrong or my expectations are wrong.

On the website of the pool I'm using, it says when rewarded unpaid balance reaches about .167 BTC, the miner enters payout queue, and are paid when the pool finds a block automatically. So this would mean that I would have to mine .167 BTC before I get paid anything right? If that's the case, then it makes sense that I haven't gotten paid yet, as I'm guessing that if it were this easy to pull roughly $50 USD out of thin air, a lot more people would be doing it.

Just curious if I'm just impatient or if something is actually wrong. Any idea how long it would take me to get to .167 BTC? My GPU is an Nvidia GeForce 550 TI with 1024 MB of vram, and I'm using a 6 core AMD somethingorother CPU that's fairly old too.
>>
>>51988356
>Any idea how long it would take me to get to .167 BTC? My GPU is an Nvidia GeForce 550 TI
3-5 years
>>
>>51988356
lol. With specs like that you're probably losing money with power costs. Just don't even bother with Bitcoin mining
>>
>>51988462
It's not about the money, I just think it's interesting that you can make money with CPU cycles.
>>
>>51988505
You can either run it on the cpu OR the gpu. The gpu is far far faster, but you're machine is to slow even if toy were to do this year's ago when the block chain was simpler. Now it's futile even with tier 1 gpu, you're going to need an ASIC miner and even then the return on investment is up for debate.
>>
What's the utility column mean here? The program is Multiminer.
>>
>>51988505
if you want to learn about bitcoin mining and enjoy it enough to at least make some money and use the currency, buy an antminer
>>
>>51988608
dude your mining in mhs thats like downloading in bits ps
>>
>>51988690
That's pretty cool, I think I might buy one. Thanks senpai.
>>
>>51988744
Yeeeeaaaaaaaaa looks like I need to turn it off and consider buying an antminer.

Though this could also be an excuse to upgrade my computer.......
>>
>>51988577
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>51988608
> mining bitcoin in 2015 with a nvidia GPU
>>
You're so late to the party it's not economically viable to do it.
That said, a SNES can mine bitcoins.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.