[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are these dead pixels? The cursor is visible under the pixels.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
So are these dead pixels? The cursor is visible under the pixels.
>>
jesus christ
what the fuck did you do to your monitor
>>
>>51985731
No, that is an OLED (organic light-emitting diode) display.
>>
NSA pixel nanomachine invaded your screen
>>
Those are stuck. Warm the display with a hot towel. Then take a pencil head eraser and work it in a circular motion over the problem areas.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eaZsazlCP8
>>
>>51985841
lol you may as well tell him to mix ammonia and bleach on his monitor
>>
>>51986233
Only if you set fire to the damn thing you gorram idjit. A hot towel wont do nuthin cept stretch the solder a little. Soften the glue binding the display layers and genrally make it easier to deal with.

Probably wont work anyway though, it actually looks like the thing punctured. Or the connector strips bordering the display element have de bonded. Honestly though i would try heating and massaging first because the only other alternative is replacement.
>>
>>51986301
Oh and for gods sake dont use a wet towel. Just heat one up on a radiator. Essentially its the old xbox towel trick.
>>
Just lightly touch the affected areas with some hand-lotion, then use a blow torch to smooth the offending pixels out. Worked like a champ for me.
>>
>>51985731
is this a game of life?
>>
>>51986446
That's what I was reminded of too
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.