[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Local network gangsta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Hello, anons.
I am trying to share some files on a local wi-fi network using d-lan, but it is kinda slow.
Decided to increase QoS, but have no idea how to access the router.
Call tech support and they tell me all the options pass through them and there's no way to make changes unless they make em.

Had to listen for 10 minutes to a woman explaining to me how I won't get faster internet if I get this, because broadband is limited...

Could not go on with this, decided to come here and beg for help.

Do you anons have any idea how I can access this piece of shit router?
>>
QoS is used to make connections from some users in order to make connections from other users faster. It's about tradeoff; you have nothing to trade off, so QoS shouldn't help you.
>>
That was quite informative, thank you.

Still, do you guys have any idea on accessing the router?
>>
>>51979444
Type the IP address of router into browser. Google router model name for default password if you don't know it.
>>
The IP trick doesn't work.

It give me the "Connection has timed out" error
>>
There's a chance that your ISP is blocking that feature from you. But you should call them and ask if its accesible and if that's not the case, then you could buy yourself a router and let them know that you want to use this instead.
>>
>>51979593
You're typing in the wrong address. It's not a trick.
>>
>>51979371
Download a IP scanner and try all the devices of the network. ( it is usually the first one ) Good luck...
>>
Thanks for all your advice, I will try
>>
>>51979705
At my workplace I did the same I did here and it connected.

So I have to agree with this guy
>>51979686
>>
>>51979764
>At my workplace I did the same I did here and it connected.
Because you typed the right address at workplace and wrong address at workplace.

If router is owned by you and is located in your living place, you definitely will be able to access its management interface.

If router is owned by ISP and installed in some remote place, you should not be able to access its management interface. If you are able, you should look for a different ISP, because your current one just does not care.
>>
Power down the router for a minute or two.Try again.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.