[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternatives To General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: flux-icon-sm.png (5 KB, 72x72) Image search: [Google]
flux-icon-sm.png
5 KB, 72x72
Any good alternatives to F.lux?

Cons- seems to penalize my display rendering time. Sometimes wish I could make the effect more intense than the highest setting allows.

Pros - does the job, easy to use.

Android alternative I recently tried is called Twilight. It's okay. Switched to it because L.ux Light was pissing me off because it kept forgetting the preferences I gave it.

I guess Altertavite Software General
>>
Try CF lumen for Android
>>
>>51978669
ok, thanks
>>
CM comes with LiveDisplay, it's the same of f.lux. having both features on laptop and muy smartphone feels great
>>
Put the transition time to long, it won't be so visible and your graphics won't take a hit.
>>
>>51978681
What color temperature are the best? I have it settles in the default but the night one its not too comfortable
>>
>>51978981
i just enabled bedtime mode, and it's comfy
>>
>>51978994
>>
>>51978483
You might already know this, but you can expand the color range in the menu next to settings "Lighting at night".
>>
>>51978981
2700k My room has warm lights so it turns out pretty comfy at night. I also set the 60m cycle so my eyes can adjust to the white balance change
>>
>>51979132
>>
I just leave flux on piss yellow mode all day.
Going back to the regular setting is too bring now that I'm used to it.
Does this hurt my eyes?
>>
>>51979323
I doubt it. Professional gamers use gamer glasses to block blue light all the time and they seem to be okay.
>>
File: 1438933386515.jpg (80 KB, 627x631) Image search: [Google]
1438933386515.jpg
80 KB, 627x631
>>51978483
op i beg of you stop using that trash, it doesn't work worth shit
you're going to call me a faggot but just buy the gamer glasses, they work perfectly
flux and alternatives don't actually reduce eye strain, you just think they do
at the very least just look at gunnars site, the glasses don't look THAT autistic.
>>
>>51979488
This desu senpai.
If you're too poor, or cheap for Gunnars, check these:
http://amzn.com/B00BQMN4DQ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.