[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Currently testing Linux, seems pretty nice and quick. One question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: linux_microsoft1.png (429 KB, 1239x639) Image search: [Google]
linux_microsoft1.png
429 KB, 1239x639
Currently testing Linux, seems pretty nice and quick. One question though is there any way to run the Programs for Adobe CC Suite, I need them for college?

If not I'll have to stick with Windows.
>>
>>51969966
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>51970007
/wsr/ is littered with fucking Anime
>>
Are you asking whether you need adobe CC for college or if it will run under linux?
>>
>>51970063
If there's a way to run it under Linux, all I see when I Googlel it is people petitioning for it to be ported.
>>
>>51970035
Get used to seeing anime on an anime site. /wsr/ is also where you post consumer recommendations and tech support, post your question there.
>>
>>51970035
and /g/ isnt?
>>
>Can't run industry standard programs
Linux is a meme
>>
>>51970079
Through WINE or VirtualBox with Wiindow installed are your 2 ways of doing it ATM
>>
>>51970079
just stick with windows, it'll never run as effectively as you want under Wine and your only solution outside of that is spinning up a windows VM in VirtualBox just to run the suite
>>
>>51970112
Like One or Two boards have Anime, I don't mind a bit of it.
>>
>>51970079
I have never used it myself.
But your options are to try with playonlinux, (or crossover) or run windows in a wm.
If you got an installer, try it on playonlinux
>>
>>51969966
>>51970128
This, best option for you is to dual unfortunately
>>
>>51970128
Are all programs compatible with WINE? I thought you could only install programs that WINE was made to work for.
>>
>>51970149
Would there not be a problem with activation though?
>>
>>51970165
WINE is a compatibility layer for Windows binaries that isn't, and likely will never be fully complete. It's not made to work for any specific application, it's made to mimic a Windows environment so it can run any Windows binary it pleases.
>>
>>51970165
Wine is a compatibility layer which translates some system calls.
It has been around since I was a kid and the support is about the same.

>>51970182
How would I know?
Run it and see.
If it works then it should work like it does on windows.
>>
>>51970204
Alright sound, I'll give it a go and see can I let go of Windows.
>>
Set up a VM, it's the sane way to do it, you get an isolated platform where you can pretend you are an artist. I use a VM of Win8.1 to use Office 2013 and Visual Studio.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.