[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when The Verge was primarily about covering gadgets,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
Remember when The Verge was primarily about covering gadgets, technology, and tech companies, instead of generalized lowest-common-denominator pop culture topics targeting every conceivable demographic for sponsors?

The Buzzfeed disease is destroying everything.
>>
The Verge was always utter shit.
>>
>>51963476
>The Verge and Polygon

Neo-Kotaku/Gizmodo, staffed by edgelords who quit that shop to begin with.

Gawker and Vox are both everything wrong with journalism in microcosm, and if you just now figured out they're terrible, thanks for finally not being cancer anymore.
>>
>>51963779
This but OP is only 16 so he doesn't know who runs the verge or what they did before that website. That crew of shitheads have always been cock suckers.
>>
>>51963899
>Gawker and Vox

And Conde Nast. They're all interchangeable at this point. All trying to out-shit each other to death. I read an article on Wired the other day and counted EIGHT different serif and sans serif fonts not counting ads. By a former Verge writer as well.

I don't know where to go for gadget news. I found Gizmag, which seems passable. But I don't know how long it will be before they fall into the same trap.

The Internet is terrible.
>>
>>51964069
Conde Nast owns all these shit companies
>>
Remember when /g/ was primarily about technology and software, instead of complaining about tech bloggers and youtubers?
>>
Oh, it's another
>Remember when X was good?
>X was always shit
thread!
>>
>>51964069
Only one I can think of is Neowin, but it's mostly Microsoft/Windows news.
>>
read news from The Register, Ars Technica (sometimes...) and others.

>gadgets, technology, and tech companies
oh, right, pop culture "tech" topics and consumerism. nevermind this post.
>>
>>51963476
scared the fuck out of me, I thought that was ars tech for a sec.
>>
>>51963476
>not knowing Dutch and reading tweakers.net

I feel sorry for you Yanks and Brits, all English language media is utter shit.
>>
>>51965074
people trash-talk other online communities in order to build confidence while wasting time in the same fashion they mock others for doing
>>
>>51965095
I don't care about the comments or the "community".

I just read the news, which tweakers.net gives without adding an opinion.

The only part where the community matters is in rating online stores, so you know where you will get ripped off.
>>
what is my next was ok
>>
>>51965035
Theres front page stories on ars tech about star trek beyond and mayonnaise atm.
>>
ALL AMERICAN TECH MEDIA IS SHIT
>>
What was Ars like 10 years ago?
>>
>>51968075

10 years ago the best tech media was Slashdot and DIGG.
>>
>>51963930
>>51963779
>>51963476
the biggest fucking cocksucking macfaggots left engadget to form the cancerous piece of shit the the verge always was
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.