[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, I was just about to facebook stalk a girl I work with. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: facebook.png (5 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
facebook.png
5 KB, 325x325
Ok, I was just about to facebook stalk a girl I work with. I only knew her first name, so I typed it into facebook and this girl's profile was the first result. I don't have my workplace on facebook and I'm not friends with anyone who works there. I've never posted about it on facebook although I've mentioned the company in private chat. I've been on their website a few times and gotten some emails from them before.

Basically how did Facebook know that this was the exact girl I was looking for? and yeah I know I should delete normiebook but I need it to chat to my two friends.
>>
>>51961172
It might have used location as a factor in the search result?
>>
>>51961210

We live in different parts of a big city, I guess we might have both used the store wifi to access facebook a few times but I don't have a smartphone so it would only be my ipod which is supposed to have location features disabled.
>>
>>51961172
Do you have her email address or phone number in your phone? The FB app has access to emails and contacts and call history.

Or maybe you two use the same WiFi regularly at work.
>>
>>51961238

I don't have her email or phone number. I think it might be the wifi, I've just found another co-worker who I only know the first name of within the first three search results.

My facebook is as private as facebook allows and I never post anything but it's still weirding me out.
>>
>>51961172
>location
>have you ever mentioned where you work in a status or private message
>>
>>51961172
pics pls
>>
>>51961229
>location features disabled
I disabled location features on my android phone and messenger was still sending my location to my friends, until I got apps ops.
>>
>>51961266

Nah there aren't any good pics of her senpai and from the information I've given it would be pretty easy to work out who I am.
>>
>>51961267
Your IP address is really all they need. Honestly, the algorithms that Facebook uses are probably really well tuned at this point, and virtually everything we do is tracked by the company.
>>
>>51961322
Why is facebook so desperate to know my location?
At first it seemed like a cool idea to set who's local to hang out with, but now it's just creepy.
>>
>>51961346

Because facebook don't give a shit about, they want to mine as much data from you as possible to sell on and also to look better to investors.
>>
>>51961361

*about you
>>
>>51961172
I'm not seeing the problem here, facebook gave you exactly what you were looking for.
>>
>>51961385

The thrill is in the hunt desu, makes me feel like a real supah hackah using all the tools available to try to find someone.
>>
>>51961172
facebook uses private messages in their "experiments" so it's not private to facebook
>>
>>51961422
>all the tools

She's publicly searchable on facebook what more do you need. Now the fun is seeing if she has an instagram, if she does she puts out for sure.
>>
>>51961458
>instagram, if she does she puts out for sure.
oh god are you literally that delusional fucktard on american psycho?
>>
>>51961474
All whores use instagram.
>>
>>51961172
how many loads have you dropped on her FB pics? how often do you stalk her?
>>
>>51961172
facebook has access to you location, and her location. and since you both in in same location a lot, they paired you as possible friends
>>
>>51961485
shouldn't surprise anyone that your logic is reversed. your original claim was that everyone that uses instagram is a whore. now you're saying that all whores use instagram.

if you don't see the difference between these logical propositions, you'll almost certainly learn about the idea in college. i mean, if you graduate high school, get into college, etc...
>>
>>51961172
they map out connections between people. if A knows B and C, there's a good chance B also knows C.
facebook has become pretty good at figuring out these kinds of connections based on profiles you visit, things you search for etc.
>>
>>51961520
>everyone that uses instagram is a whore. now you're saying that all whores use instagram.

Both statements are true.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.