[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some things I can work on to build up my resume for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 5839pu493ytiu3.png (690 KB, 580x1024) Image search: [Google]
5839pu493ytiu3.png
690 KB, 580x1024
What are some things I can work on to build up my resume for CS?

I'm currently a junior and I think I'm gonna be screwed pretty soon
>>
I think that image has the right and wrong answers reversed. Also, get an internship.
>>
>>51958970

I haven't been able to find any that match my skills. Most of it is full-stack web dev, or even graphic design which doesn't make sense. I think I'm gonna cave in and learn webdev
>>
>>51959133
what are your skills
>>
>>51958945
The left side is just... augh. It might as well say "Do an internet" or "Download the google".
>>
>>51958945
>wrong answers:
>do stuff

>right answers:
>do nothing

I completely agree with >>51958970
>>
>>51958945

Oh jesus on a sweetcorn roll OP, I am a teacher and this image is so fucking good. Come monday I'm going to ram it down my colleagues throats- my colleagues, that is, being middle aged, can barely send email, think powerpoint is god, intellectually stunted dickwits.
>>
>>51959146
Sucking dick and laze around at home.
>>
>>51959193

>wrong answers:
>busywork with no point

>right answers:
>attempting to accomplish stuff

When was the last time you found a job making prezis?
>>
>>51959146

proficient in C#. Currently learning C++. I've learned basic html, css, and javascript.

>>51959203

I only perform the latter
>>
>>51959222
>wrong:
>create ...
>publish ...
>design ...
>develop ...

vs

>right:
>"raise awareness"
>start conversations
>join partners
>"make a difference"

DESU IDK what a prezi is so I'll give you that one on account of not knowing what it's supposed to be arguing about.
But the others are just bullshit buzzwords placed there to try to sound cool on doing absolutely nothing useful or productive.
>>
>>51959327

>create publish etc

To what end, desu?

>Hey look mom I made a prezi
>That's good darling I'll put it on the fridge

Is this how you want your kids to grow up? Thinking that the act of simply doing something is it's own goal?

Your thinking's been feminized, anon-kun.
>>
>>51958970
>that image has the right and wrong answers reversed
The left-hand side is basically 'google 'how to create numbered list Microsoft Word 2010''. look, billy can use fifteen different kinds of transition animations in Powerpoint, he knows computer good! [like] [share] [comment]

of course it's difficult to explicitly define 'be creative' or 'use the tools you are given to create the outcome you want'
>>
>>51960039

The left-side suggests actually doing something productive (even if some of the tasks are fucking trivial), and includes specific means one might use to achieve the goals on the right. Also, the goals on the right are almost entirely focused around activism/making social change. Blind pursuit of social change can only lead to disaster.
>>
>>51959224
that translates to:
>nothing
>>
>>51960295
>something productive
teaching kids exactly what levers to pull and which buttons to press to create a pie chart in Excel isn't a desirable outcome. in and of itself this information could be useful at some point, but focusing on outcomes rather than understanding how it happened isn't ideal; what if a different chart (or no chart) would be better. how can we better present this data? uhhhh duuuh i know how to change that pie slice from red to green

>the goals on the right are almost entirely focused around activism/making social change
'it's bad to teach kids things i disagree with on a personal level'

(there's no social change mentioned there, anon. way to instinctively react with fear and disgust though?)
>>
>>51960395

>teaching kids exactly what levers to pull and which buttons to press to create a pie chart in Excel isn't a desirable outcome
As a general rule of thumb, any class intended to teach how to use a specific software product will be outdated in only a few years. But that does not mean children should not learn how to use computers to produce, and how to learn how to use new technology as it becomes available. Ultimately, you want them to be able to enter the workplace competent enough to use whatever technology is available to do their job.

>'it's bad to teach kids things i disagree with on a personal level'
It is bad to teach children about the ways in which society should be structured before they have a chance to develop their own minds and think about the sort of society they wish to live in. This is especially true when the society you teach them they should live in is not the one they are currently living in.

>there's no social change mentioned there, anon. way to instinctively react with fear and disgust though?
Not on the surface, no. The author lists very abstract actions to take.

>raise awareness
>start conversations
>change minds
>make a difference
>take action
>drive change

In their conjunction however, it is very blatantly easy to see that the author's intent is to have children use technology to bring about social change.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.