[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone taken the Comptia A+ exams within the last few years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Computer Reaction Faces.jpg (16 KB, 600x376) Image search: [Google]
Computer Reaction Faces.jpg
16 KB, 600x376
Has anyone taken the Comptia A+ exams within the last few years? I'm curious what to expect, such as if half the exams are IRQ codes and to do with old IDE and floppy devices and ddr2 as it seems to be from the practice lessons I have done online. Any info appreciated...
>>
>>51958513
I hate you so fucking much
>>
>>51958513
I took it before the recent update, shit was meh.
Apparently it's better, not as much "how many pound sof lead are in the average crt?"
>>
Its been a few months since I've taken the 801 but I passed the 802 yesterday.

Pretty much if you know how to build a PC and you know computer hardware, the 801 is pretty easy. The 802 is a tad bit more difficult just because the questions can be vague and they want questions answered in a specific way which is what trips people up.
>>
>>51958720
Thanks. Is it truely 900 questions each?
Also was it all modern hardware questions like blu-ray or did it still involve old CRT monitors and floppy disk capacities?
>>
Google professor messer for free up to date learning videos and information for different certs including A+
>>
>>51958931
>Is it truely 900 questions each?
What? No. The max I believe is 90 questions per test and they give you 90 minutes to do them. The questions are random though. Usually get around 80 questions.

>Also was it all modern hardware questions like blu-ray or did it still involve old CRT monitors and floppy disk capacities?
It had questions on both modern and older hardware. At least for the 800 series. I'm not sure about the 900 series.
>>
>>51958672
>>51958720
>>51958985

Is this test actually worth taking?

I looked into it ages ago but I don't know if it's a waste of money that nobody will care about.

That and the practice tests seemed easy and extremely outdated.
>>
>>51958947
Thank you.
>>
>>51959025
ATM its a waste.
I got it because I had an employer I was applied for, they said if I took it, they would give me the job over some Indian guy, who would otherwise get the job.
Experience > certificates. In MOST scenarios.
>>
>>51959025
Depends. I think the consensus on /g/ is that Comptia are good entry level certs if you're trying to build experience in the industry.
>>
>>51959055
>>51959063

Good to know, thanks. I've been considering it because I have experience but zero "real" experience (College, long term tech jobs) and it might help get my foot in the door
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.