[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright guys, lets get a thread started. What is the best mobile
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: war.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
war.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
Alright guys, lets get a thread started.
What is the best mobile OS?
>In my opinion Android
>Use an LG G3
>>
>Best mobile os: Windows Phone
>Using S4 Active.
I hate this little bitch. Nothing more than lagging ant throttling and then lagging even more. Sinking like russian submarine.
>>
>>51952091
iOS. I use an iPhone 5C and I've never had any issues.
>>
>>51952091
used iOS on an iphone 3g, it was horrible. never again.
never used windows, but looking at win10, i think i know the direction they're going and i don't like it.
android it is. worked fine so far on SGS3, SGS5. does what i want it do to without bullshit.
>>
>making yet another shitty pointless thread
Fuck you
>>
>>51953118
How do you deal with all shit Samsung installs? Haven't owned a Samsung phone before but I've always been under the impression that they have bloatware.
>>
>>51953170
cyanogenmod
>>
>>51953144
>implying not pointless threads exist
>>
>>51953170
You can just delete it?
>>
>>51953118
>hating on iOS when all you have used is the 3G

retard
>>
>>51952091
BB10
>>
>>51954018
i saw enough. it's all too polished and locked down, no freedoms as a user. completely unusable without a jailbreak and of course apple is working hard to prevent jailbreaking all the time.
meanwhile, android just werks.
>>
>>51954799
>it's all too polished and locked down, no freedoms as a user
It may come as a surprise to you but 99% of people don't understand your meme.
If you see virtue in rough, unfinished products that are hard to use then you go through the door marked "Different by Choice".
Most people simply see their phones as tools and appreciate a tool that doesn't get in the way and insist that you subscribe to a particular philosophy.
>>
>>51954929
>rough, unfinished products
that's not what i want. android isn't that.

>Most people simply see their phones as tools and appreciate a tool that doesn't get in the way
that's exactly how i see it. and iOS got in my way many times when i was using it. i had to worry about things that i don't have to worry about with android, because android does the things i want it to do out of the box.
>>
>>51952091
I've been using a rooted note 3 for 2 years now and I'm not planning on upgrading until it it breaks.
>>
>>51952283
>Best mobile os: Windows Phone
my lumia 930 agrees with you
>>
File: 666.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>51952091
>Use an LG G3

>mfw bought huawei for 120€
>lg g3s put on sale for less price a few days later

thanks for the trigger fucker
>>
>>51952091

Symbian OS will forever remain the best OS for me. Yeah it's dated now but for its time it had everything. Android sucks and so does iOS. Windows OS runs smoothly, but it's trying to be like apple. They need to go back to their old shit.
>>
>>51952091
windows 10
>>
>>51953084
Typical iToddler
Paying double for a flashy phone that has half the power of a slightly less flashy phone, and I thought feminazis were retarded
Have fun with your substandard, overpriced, overrated, 640x1136 blurry pile of pig shit
Good day
>>
Thoughts on MIUI boys?
>>
Android is good but requires a small time investment to get working at its full potential, and getting a bad phone/carrier can fuck you over HARD.
WP is a great OS but has no market share and no apps.
Applel's iOS used to be pretty alright but the lack of choice in manufacturer means that the actual hardware you have to buy with it isn't even a phone or a good peice of tech, it's a fucking fashion statement. Not to mention that the lack of root/an actual file browser/alternate app markets is pretty bad. iTunes also sucks 800 different flavors and spices of cock.
>>
>>51960328
Probably full of Chinese backdoors.
>>
>>51956722
Congrats on late updates.
>>
>Android
Freedom
>>
In terms of usefulness its Android, in terms of user experience and high-quality look and feel its clearly iOS.

If you are an enthusiast that likes tinkering around and want to run unusual things like torrent clients, terminal emulators, ricing or custom roms. If you want something that just works good for the typical smartphone use cases go for iOS.
>>
BlackBerry 10 OS
>>
>>51961101
android also "just werks" for regular users. I consider myself a regular user and it's great for me.

when I had iOS I couldn't even put music on my phone for some reason I had to download itunes and try to figure out how that bad GUI worked and occasionally it just wiped my phone files.
>>
>>51952091

Firefox OS.

>botnet
>close apps ecosystem
>boring people reply it's a commercial failure (congrats on your Harvard admission in business class!)

Pick one.
>>
>>51958225
>Windows OS runs smoothly, but it's trying to be like apple
unfortunately this
I just want the old metro design
>>
File: 4L_XLU4DudF.jpg (121 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
4L_XLU4DudF.jpg
121 KB, 1024x682
>>51958811
Calm down anon, you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>51954929
and why the fuck would we base our choices on the 99% given that those people barely know anything about tech?
>>
>>51952091
iOS 9 because it just werks. Also the phones that use it aren't plastic garbage.
>>
>>51952091
ios is great if all you want is a glorified dumb phone
but if you actually want to use your device android all the way
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.