[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/uys Would it be possible to use something like bitcoin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1450517351342.jpg (242 KB, 1000x935) Image search: [Google]
1450517351342.jpg
242 KB, 1000x935
Hey /g/uys

Would it be possible to use something like bitcoin to run some kind of AI?
>>
>>51949260
Like a prostitute AI that thinks for money?
>>
>>51949294
Not quite
Basically I was just thinking that like, large neural nets (for instance) take up a huge amount of computer time. Well, bitcoin miners have 100x more ghz than google.
>>
>>51949363
they are using it to mine bitcoins, you need to ask them to run your shitty AI instead. But why would they?
>>
>>51949412
Well if the reward for running the AI was bitcoin (or another coin, I'm just wondering about the feasibility of the setup), there would be no problem right?
>>
>>51949464
So instead of using 100% for mining bitcoins they dedicate 50% to mining and 50% to running your AI and get paid 50% instead.

Or are how are you planning on making mining resource free?
>>
>>51949260
just wait for quantum chips to make it to the market m8
also bitcoins a shit
the bubble will pop again soon
>>
>>51949464
So instead of using 100% for mining bitcoins they dedicate 50% to mining and 50% to running your AI , will you pay them the rest of the bitcoin? if not, then there is no reward for doing this.
>>
>>51949584
No like you rig it up so that thing mining itself is what runs the AI
>>
>>51949617
>thing mining
the mining*
>>
Bitcoin miners can only calculate nested double SHA256. Useless for anything other than bitcoin mining.

To make use of the processing power in other ways while still doing cryptocurrency work, you'd have to make an altcoin with a clever proof of work algorithm that hits two birds with one stone. There have already been attempts to do this, for example Primecoin searches for prime numbers while mining.
>>
>>51949617
you still dedicatecomputer power to run something else than mining bitcoin, there would be less computer power for bitcoin mining. so there would be a net loss just to run a shitty AI. they could earn more if they just dedicated 100% to bitcoin mining.
>>
>>51949260
look into ethereum.
>>
>>51949743
So.. Basically, yeah?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.