[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 Emulator
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: 1416364117287.png (326 KB, 487x386) Image search: [Google]
1416364117287.png
326 KB, 487x386
Has anyone used this before? I really want to play P.T and need a PS4 emulator but I thought none exist atm.

http://www.secaproject.com/
>>
>>51944126
I don't know what this spic shit is but I don't think we'll have a ps4 emulator any time soon
>>
>>51944126
i have an i5 4690k and i can barely run 60fps on a ps2 emulator, how the fuck do you expect a ps4 emulator to run on a current pc`?
>>
>>51944383
PS4 is a bunch of cables and shit. PC is a bunch of cables. So theoretically it should be possible. checkmate, nerd.
>>
>>51944126
>http://www.secaproject.com/
Definitely, it's the best if you know how to set it up right.

I've been playing PS4 games for a few months now, better resolution, less frame drops and free games - only problem is it's still stuck to 30fps for most games though due to game code.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>51944454
>PC is a bunch of cables
fuck off, troll
>>
>>51944511
Are you fo' real?
>>
>>51944126
>emulator
But doesn't the PS4 use a x84_64 chip? Wouldn't it be more performant (and easier) to write something like what Wine does in Linux?
>>
>>51944383
ps4 is very PCish
>>
I went to the website but it's written in taco. anyone have notes on this thing in burger?
>>
>>51944630
Yes, it would. HLE with a hypervisor running FreeBSD with patches is definitely the way to go.

Not everything's been dumped yet to allow that, but the little CXD chip has been reversed...
>>
>>51944383
Anon are you retarded? I can play 1080p60 on a phenom ii x4 bro
>>
>there isn't even a Xbox emulator yet
>Dolphin barely emulates the fucking GC properly
>thinking we'll have even have a 360 or PS3 emulator in 10 years
>asks for a PS4 emulator

TIP TOP KEK NIGGER
>>
>>51946187
>thinking we'll have even have a 360 or PS3 emulator in 10 years

We literally have both right now, plus a Wii U one. Retail games up and running on all three.
>>
>>51946194
Cemu is literally two months old and already running games in a very playable state. Shit's incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9zoMyHX-U

Can't wait to play Xenoblade Chronicles X on it.
>>
>>51944454
(You)

You've all been baited
>>
>>51946222
Well it's not like there was a huge amount of work for it, most of it reused code or well documented code/hardware.

Main CPU is still the same as GC/Wii, just with 2 moar coars.
ARM processor still does the same security and i/o
NAND is still laid out much the same

The biggest difference is the GPU, which is rather different to the old fixed-function GPU of the GC/Wii.
But then that has extensive documentation from the Free Radeon drivers on linux.

Similarly, both GPUs in PS3 and 360 are well documented for FOSS radeon and FOSS nVidia drivers.
PPC970 is very well documented
Cell SPEs are surprisingly well documented, public documents even.
>>
>>51944383
>>51946187
Older consoles used to use CPU architechiture that is nothing like what we have on PCs. What is a simple mathematical formula on a PS2/3 might require multiple hacks and an error-handling routine on X86, whereas the PS4/Xbone are literally PCs.

The OG Xbox was also touted at the time to be basically a PC dressed up as a console, but the reality is that it's not, not in the least bit. Even if there was publicly available documentation for all the hardware, MS applied a lot of extensions to both the CPU and GPU that simply don't translate to their desktop counterparts.
>>
>>51946274
The CPU is a stock p3-based celeron.
GPU differs from a normal GeForce3, but not exceptionally.

Emulating that nForce chipset though, madness - no documentation (not publically anyway), shitloads of little sip blocks to emulate that game code can call to directly.

OG Xbox is a nightmare with no real reason to even bother (name a single OG Xbox exclusive that isn't Halo, but is worth someones time...)
>>
PS2 used PowerPC if I remember right.

That's alot even today for a x86 CPU to emulate fully. Xbox is another beast entirely as the NVIDIA GPU it used doesn't have alot alot of info.
>>
>>51946392
PS2 used MIPS. The PS3 used PowerPC.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.