[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> People buying gaming PCs with 8 GB RAM > Oblivious to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: BitchPlease.png (163 KB, 339x301) Image search: [Google]
BitchPlease.png
163 KB, 339x301
> People buying gaming PCs with 8 GB RAM
> Oblivious to the fact that RAM and GPU requirements go up every year
>>
You have a shitty computer
>>
>>51943948
RAM is literally the one part you can upgrade later on without throwing away the old part. Why would I want to "future proof" it?
>>
>the time has come for me to upgrade to 16 gb of ram oh what will I do

>I guess I could buy a stick or two for 40$ and shove them in my motherboard....
>>
>>51944008
Eat shit, faggotard.
>>
>>51943948
>>> /v/
>>
>>51943948

>dumb animepost
>>
>>51944008
>>51944119
That's only true if you're not a dumbass who falls for muh ram speed meme, because if you are, you might think "oh I should get 2×4 GB instead of 1×8, so it'll be faster", and when you upgrade you either throw away your 2×4 GB and put in 2×8, or get another 2×4 GB but the you can't upgrade it further without throwing all the shit away.
And it's just really dumb to buy a PC that has the minimum amount of RAM needed to run recent games. Just literally open chrome and you're fucked (I'm talking from experience here).
>>
>buy one 8gb stick
>add another one when/if needed
Are you retarded, OP?
>>
>>51943948
32GB master race reporing in
>>
File: r7EGL66.png (278 KB, 499x647) Image search: [Google]
r7EGL66.png
278 KB, 499x647
>>51943948
>People buying gaming PCs
>Oblivious to fact that at some point they'll grow up and their gaming pcs won't be useful anymore
>>
>>51944920
>Chrome
Oh boy, being part of a giant global botnet sure does eat a lot of RAM
>>
>>51945062
Good thing Firefox is so easy on my ram
>>
Games have been kind to RAM these past years.
>>
>>51945241
>Well battlefront...
OK I guess nobody cares about that
>>
>>51945304

>these past years

Doesn't account for the present.
>>
There are really only a handful of games that use a lot of ram. Planetary Annihilation, Anno 2505 and Cities: Skyline come to mind.
>>
File: get 32 instead.png (3 KB, 638x112) Image search: [Google]
get 32 instead.png
3 KB, 638x112
>>
>>51943948
This especially annoys me with regards to web development. Not only are browsers getting needlessly bloated, but wevsites are no longer designed to run efficiently. 10 yearsbago I still had a few hundred tabs, and no more problems than I do today.
>>
>>51943948
RAM requirements are wrong for very simple reason: bloat installed by computer manufacturers.
Just because the game developer says 8GB is required it doesn't mean it really is. They just recommend 8GB instead of 4GB to be sure.
>>
current gen console don't use any more ram

game devs don't optimize for anything more powerful than that
>>
>>51944137
oh lol computers are for gaymers i forgot, ecks dee
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.