[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: libre-office4.png (159 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
libre-office4.png
159 KB, 640x360
How do we fix this shit?
>>
install gentoo
>>
It will never be fixed. It is the curse of freeware. M$ knows that games and Office are the only two things keeping people on Windows. They will never make Office for Linux, and unpaid freedom fighter Linux plebs will never learn how to program.

Libre Office is the worst looking and operating software I have ever used.
>>
What exactly is there to be fixed? Id use it over Macrobloat office any day, since 2003 it gradually turned into literal shitware.
>>
>>51943368
Libre office isn't shit. I use it at work every day and all invoices and correspondence are sent as a pdf file anyway so compatibility is never an issue.
>>
>fix
>libreoffice
are you trying to imply something?
>>
The worst part is they try so much to shill ODF out of butthurt that they let docx support slip.

This is why a lot of people are still using OpenOffice on Windows, it fucks up the formatting a lot less.
>>
Install office 365. Why the fuck not? Are you poor?
>>
Why isn't Open Orifice available for linux?
>>
>>51943633
It's not shit, but until it they make their own equivalent of onenote I just can't make the switch
>>
>>51943898
You know OneNote is free, right? Why do the guys behind LibreOffice have to bother with a OneNote clone when PC and Mac users can get Microsoft's original for free?
>>
Use Office online
>>
>>51943925
> Hates LibreOffice
> Suggests Office online

Why bother with Office at all when you can get spreadsheets, presentations, and docs for free? Use Google Apps OP. It'll save you a lot of blood, sweat, dollars, and tears.
>>
>>51943920
Because I want to switch to Linux?
>>
ban ms products
drop ms file support
>>
>>51943939
>hates MS Office
>uses the bigger botnet service

Back to using Pages then
>>
>>51943298
switch to MS office
>>
>>51943298
T E X
E
X
>>
>>51944196
which nobody outside of the STEM community wants to use
>>
Donate money and code. Fucking lel!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/libreoffice-developers-working-on-new-toolbar-layout-495198.shtml

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/NotebookBar

https://smehrbrodt.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/improving-the-toolbars-in-libreoffice/
>>
i believe libreoffice is broken on a fundamental level and nothing can fix it save from starting over

(however, I believe the same about MS office, to a lesser extent)
>>
You can't. Use WPS Office instead.
>>
>>51943882
>OO fucks up MS Office formatting less than LO
Have we been using the same software?
>>
File: image.png (29 KB, 380x387) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29 KB, 380x387
>>51943891
>buying software
>>
>>51943298
it just needs a design overhaul is all
>>
I still use openoffice lol

its gr8
>>
pip install markdown2pdf
Problem solved
>>
Eh the libreoffice version of ms word is breddy gud and it's the only part of Office I'm interested in
>>
>>51943298
> we
'I'm perfectly happy with LibreOffice desu.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.