[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which prebuild is better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/IBP-Prebuild-NE764i or http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/IBP-Prebuild-NE641FX i know some things about this stuffbut when it comes to compatibility idk squat.
>>
>>51943271
The i5 CPU one, but the video card sucks balls.
And the mobo. And the HDD. And the PSU.

By the way if you go on "pcpartpicker", it literally checks if X fits into Y.

So..you cannot really fuck up.
And for the last step, post the final build on Reddit (unless you want to hear "install gentoo").
>>
>prebuilt
lmao
>>
>>51943271
check this site.

http://www.logicalincrements.com/#!/
It won't get any easier.
Remember, once you got the parts, just watch youtube.
If your dick really gets stuck in the PC, ask Reddit.

And with that said, you used up your newfag credits.
Now you either have to buy a 4Chan Gold Account, or install gentoo.
>>
i thought it would be the second cause the gpu but i knew the first ones processor was better
>>
>>51943411
The 950 is still an entry level Geforce and nothing more.
And the PSU? It won't run any proper GPU anytime soon.

If you want to have a <30FPS "cinematic experience" even in League of Legends, then go for it, buy one of them.
>>
i see alot of nvidia/ intel setups is that preferred? my budget is like 750.
>>
>>51943369
Thank you.
>>
>>51943522
If you live in the CT region, I have a system on Craigslist that'll do for you.
>>
http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/IBP-Prebuild-AM-FX03 is that any better.
>>
>>51943804
Not really. CPU is even worse, mobo still shit, psu barely better.
Use that logicalincrements site.

1) You don't need a DVD drive.
2) You could use any cheap shit case that can hold a mATX/ATX motherboard.
3) Invest more in a PSU, buy a Seasonic/Corsair PSU, and bigger than you actually need.
4) Since you usually need to swap the motherboard to upgrade the CPU, it makes sense to buy a CPU that can overclock and which provides a good performance out of box.
And then you have to upgrade the memory too, since DDR4 will be here by then. (so upgrade = big money.)
5) An EVO212 or some similar CPU cooler is also a _must_.
6) The rest of the money goes into the GPU, and I think a GTX960 is the minimum you should get for 1080p. You could also buy a used GPU which is an awesome way to get a good performing card without going bankrupt - you should definitely look into this. But only buy those from trusted sites, not from your local craigslist.

That's it.
>>
ty you keep mentioning the psu i know you need a certain amount of watts for graphics cards to work right but is there another use it has?
>>
>>51943271
>prebuild
Are so so fucking retarded that you cant put to Legos together.Jesus fuck op.

For less you can make better configuration,the cards on both are a fucking joke,you pay more for the case.
>>
>>51943996
>but is there another use it has?
1) CPU needs power. You can check the "TDP" value. AMD needs ~120-140W
Intel i5 needs around 65-90W, depending on the model.
2) Ram (not much), motherboard (tiny), HDDs, everything needs power....
Just Google "PSU calculator". But again, don't skip on PSU, buy a brand (Seasonic or Corsair for example).
And always buy a bigger one, because if you install a second GPU or whatever, it also needs power.
One example site: http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

A shit PSU can lead to instability, freezes, BSOD, etc.
You can also buy a "modular PSU" so the insides of your PC won't look like spaghetti.
3) GPU needs a lot of power.
AMD cards are cheaper, but they are more hungry.
New Nvidia cards cost a fortune, but they are very efficient.
To be honest you should just buy a bigger PSU, and a used / AMD card, and there you have good performance.
That extra power you use - won't really show up on your energy bill.

DO NOT PAY for pre-built.
>>
>>51943996
When you get the components:
1) Use youtube, like "LinusTechTips", he looks and sounds like a fucking queer but he knows his way around.
2) Use fucking common sense.
3) Be patient. Ask if you are stuck. Do not apply excess force.
4) One thing people tend to forget is to install the motherboard kickstands.
Little copper colored things that go between the case and the motherboard.

But most cases (and motherboards too) come with a manual anyway.
And fuck if you call yourself a man, you should enjoy building shit.
Are you gay? Are you a woman?
>>
excuse me for not knowing gosh
>>
Ty both that was helpful
>>
is it 'prebuild' or 'prebuilt'?
>>
>>51944238
*t I think
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.