[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw failing intro to java for a 2nd time Who else here likes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1414614847510.png (36 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1414614847510.png
36 KB, 800x800
>tfw failing intro to java for a 2nd time

Who else here likes technology but is shit at programming? Maybe turning this into a career isn't a good idea for me...
>>
I don't blame you, Java is a convoluted crock of shit. Intro to programming should ideally be done in a functional language.
>>
>>51928657
this
try starting with python or C maybe C#
i cant even bring myself to attempt java
>>
>>51928657
this and
>paying for schooling in a terrible sector
>paying for schooling which will only give you a certificate that's at best viable for 5-10years

bad enough you fell for the post secondary school scam, but you should really stop giving scumbag sack of shit scammers your monies.
>>
>>51928657
But Java is super easy to learn, especially on an intro level.
>>
C is literally the best language to start it.

Inb4
>bwaaaaaa pointers!
I used the word "best" instead of "easiest" for a fucking reason
>>
>>51928693
tell me more about this post secondary scam?
i got certs in web dev and python after secondary school
without them doubt i would be hired by anyone
>>
It's a very hard class to fail though. You can told to do one thing, the teacher will get back 400 completely different scripts on how to make it and unless you truly fuck up everyone will pass.

What a beautiful language.
>>
>>51928741
please tell me how this isn't a scam? especially when people who get hired for IT or programming don't even go to school for it majority of the time. not to mention the fact that anyone diploma from 2006 is redundant and worthless now adays.

>getting tens of thousands of dollars in debt for a career that wont even compare to the lifespan of a dog
>>
>>51928944
well as long as people will hire me without certs then im fine with this, the problem is people wont just fucking hire you without any certs at all
>>
>>51928657

Java's good for learning though. The fact that it's "convoluted" just means you have to have some idea of what you're doing to do it. If OP is failing intro to fucking Java twice then he should just give up programming altogether. Or be a webdev.
>>
>>51929223
>or be a webdev
kek
>>
>>51929108
>wont just fucking hire you without any certs at all
because showing them the work you've done is impossible without some sort of diploma?
>>
>>51929329
in this day and age yes
you can tell someone you worked for google and designed 90% of their software if you want and without any diploma etc in the subject i doubt people will hire you
>>
>>51928657

This, although haskell is somwhat shitty aswell (pls no h8)
>>
>>51929369
are you really that fucking stupid you don't know how to hyperlink your work on your resume, or have any private projects to showcase at interviews?

not to mention the fact that you can use your previous employers number as a reference for the work you've done..

are you one of those scumbag scammers who works at one of these shitty schools? or are trying to justify the massive waste of money you spent on scumbag scamming pieces of shit?
>>
>>51929507
well honestly i butthurt that i spent so much for a diploma when there are people doing the same work who just show people the stuff they have done on a resume and get a job
>>
You sound like the "I like to play video games so I want to make them."

Then realize that making them is much less fun than playing them.
>>
>>51929536
you forgot to mention the part where you wasted thousands of dollars on something so redundant and utterly worthless longterm wise, if you only planned on having this career for the length of a dogs life it wouldn't matter, buut people tend to live a lot longer than that...

did this school not teach you how to show previous experience in the same field? seems extra shitty for a place which is supposed to set you up for your career to not even inform you of how to do that properly
>>
File: 1449648188678.jpg (292 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1449648188678.jpg
292 KB, 2048x1536
>>51928646
give up honestly, just do basic IT support
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.