[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best program for encrypting text on Windows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: encryption_1.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
encryption_1.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1280
What's the best program for encrypting text on Windows? I want to protect my fanfiction from the plod
>>
>>51928322
you have to make it yourself
even then there's probably going to be holes in it.

have fun wasting time, and hardware lifespan on shit you'll never actually need. nor use.
>>
File: 1439126389683.jpg (22 KB, 230x226) Image search: [Google]
1439126389683.jpg
22 KB, 230x226
>>51928336
Encrypting a few pages of text is going to burn out my hardware, is it?
>>
>>51928322
>encrypting text
try this if you want to encode the actual text (not sure if you can "encrypt" text)
paulschou [dotto] com/tools/xlate
if you want to encrypt a text file use truecrypt or veracrypt
>>
>>51928336
are you an actual fucking retard?
Encrypting something is going to burn my hardware and i have to make my own program that will have holes in it to encrypt some fucking text?
i dont even know where to start with this idiot
>>
>>51928409
>believing your HDDs lifespan isn't lessened with each read/write
>believing that encrypted programs aren't easy as fuck to reverse engineer and easily find holes

stop shitposting already you angry worthless little faggot.
>>
windows isn't the best choice for writing fanfics and encrypting. dm-crypt and LUKS are great. why not dual-boot for your fanfics?
>>
>>51928426
>encrypted programs
so i assume you have reverse engineered truecrypt or similar programs and found that your a faggot because it uses an algorithm such as SHA256 to encrypt something and not some custom bullshit
>>
File: s45t7Oe.jpg (127 KB, 1024x661) Image search: [Google]
s45t7Oe.jpg
127 KB, 1024x661
>>51928426
>saying stuff with an arrow next to them with no proof attached thinking that it is 100% true
>>
>>51929635
burns or skinned?
>>51928488
>truecrypt sent a notice to all those who paid them for their software was deprecated and easily hacked
>they only sent the notice when they were forced to because the NSA started using these security holes
learn how to use google instead of asking random anons to do it for you dipshit.

>>51928471
this.
>>
>>51929750
>burns or skinned?
radiation
>>
>>51928322
>encrypting text on Windows?

muahaha. If you're going to use Windows, make sure there is no network ports or your shit will leave quick in a hurry. And keep those pesky USB flash drives away from your ports, cuz they have a tendency to auto-run bad shit or turn into HID's during the night.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.