[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
water cooling or air cooling ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 400-HY-0996-B1_MD_1.jpg (11 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
400-HY-0996-B1_MD_1.jpg
11 KB, 250x250
Can someone please explain why this Hybrid water cooling is bad. Im looking for a cooler for my 980ti and its either this one or ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV High-End Graphics Card Cooler. Also is you know of any other coolers out there for the 980ti it wold be greatly appreciated.
>>
Why not semen cooling OP?
>>
>>51921286
Arctic makes horrible budget shit. Do not buy their products. They are based out of China and the support is non existent.
>>
>>51921286
open loop or go home. CLCs are memes that aren't any better than good air cooling, because of the compromises they make to be quiet, compact, and maintenance-free.
>>
>>51921286
The main downside is that it doesn't cool the VRAM and power phases with the AIO. It uses a blower fan, which is okay for light overclocking, but is not good enough for voltage-heavy overclocking or memory overclocking.
One of my Hybrid units started to develop pump whine within two months of owning it, so I'm wondering if I should send it back under warranty.

Also, the tubing is not long enough for mounting as bottom or front intake on larger cases.
>>
>>51921286
And compared to the Arctic air-cooler, the Hybrid cooler is MUCH quieter while delivering better temps. Both of mine hover at around 35-40 degrees when playing at 4K (top card gets about 3-4 degrees hotter), but the AIO fan speed never changes.

EVGA is rolling out a new shroud with built in LEDs for their future Hybrid models. If you don't LEDs in your case, I'd recommend getting them now before they being producing the new shrouds. If not, then wait until the shroud is replaced. The new shrouds for both of my cards came in and they look much more expensive than the cheap plasticky shroud right now.
>>
Im not looking to overclock i just want cooler temps while playing some games. On certain games i got up 80c and i was even overclocking and that kinda bothered me. im just looking to keep it cool as possible.
>>
>>51921889
if you aren't overclocking you have no reason to care about GPU temps in the 80s. It'll live, and at stock speeds it won't crash, either.
>>
>>51921889
My top card will hit 56 degrees at most when playing GTA V at 4k, and that's with a heater right next to my rig. For other games or at lower resolutions, the temps stay at around mid-40s to low-50s. It's seriously cool.
>>
>>51921994
Youre full of shite. Pics or not real
>>
I just wanna keep this card for as long as a can. i even installed a couple fans in my case and temp were only dropped by a few degrees even still on killing floor 2 i got mid 70c and on vermintide it got to 80-81 after like a match.. so if im not going to overclock would the hybrid cooler be an ok choice for me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.