[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth getting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: nvidia-shield-3-710x399.jpg (30 KB, 710x399) Image search: [Google]
nvidia-shield-3-710x399.jpg
30 KB, 710x399
Is it worth getting?
>>
>>51917583
No, its made by nvidia
>>
Yes goy I mean guy, it will make for a great Hanuka I mean Christmas present!!!!!!!!
>>
Don't you want to give yourself a nice X-Mas present goy, I mean guy?

Straight white males deserve to have a burning gaming night this holidays.
>>
>>51917583
i just got it. it's my first tablet.

my thoughts:
nice screen. responsive.

i don't really game so I'm going to use it mostly for reading textbook pdfs, comics, and chinese cartoons.

it's rather decent for that. a large pdf textbook loads near instantly and searches are quick (e-ink is terrible for pdfs)

however if you want it only as a future-proof reader i suggest getting something lighter. i have to hold it with 2 hands after a while. it's a small gripe but just so you know.

i can see why people cite it as the best value tablet at the moment
>>
>>51917583
look up how to make your own using a phone and an xbox controller
>>
>>51919874
I like nvidia

>>51920735
No not the tablet the android TV which you can stream your games to your tv
>>51919919
>>51919958
I love you /pol/ and you're always right
>>
No,better off with any console for games less BS if you have shitty internet
>>
I've read it's good as a htpc replacement with kodi or plex. I've used moonlight (open source version of nvidia game streaming) on some other android box and it worked really well so I imagine the streaming tech running on hardware that it was designed for would work even better. I almost bit when it was on sale on black friday for $150 with the extra remote.
>>
>>51917583
>MADE TO GAME
>it doesn't actually run games
>>
>>51922952

It actually does
>>
>>51917583
>tablet gaymen

Lmao ok enjoy dem pay2win shovelware
>>
>>51922174
>I like nvidia
But nvidia hates your freedom
>>
>>51923006
Candy Crush isn't a real game
>>
>>51923112

Pretending to be retarded and spreading lies on the internet is no way to go through life son
>>
Why would you buy this over steam link?
>>
File: Projekt X Version 11.png (519 KB, 1356x1343) Image search: [Google]
Projekt X Version 11.png
519 KB, 1356x1343
>>51923162
oh sorry I guess you could emulate games as well since it is running android

someday I'll get the funding
>>
>>51923240

https://youtu.be/TvDl9gZ1PoA
>>
>>51923361
And what happens when there's no internet? Or you're in a trolley/in a car
>>
>>51923369

In first world countries we dont lose internet, and you're not going to be using a shield TV in the trolley or your car
>>
>>51923476
Well what would you have me do during the bus ride to work?
>>
>>51923483

I would have you make a new thread where you can ask dumbass questions for a different piece of technology besides the living room-bound shield TV
>>
>>51923504
Okay?

I'm saying there's no point to the shield, it's a mobile gaming device that can't run games
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.