[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/, I have a old samsung galaxy 3 lying around, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: sgs3.jpg (29 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
sgs3.jpg
29 KB, 635x476
Hi /g/, I have a old samsung galaxy 3 lying around, I'm thinking about using it as a mp3player/camera combo, maybe use a few basic apps since I use a dumbphone for calling/texting etc.

The problem is that it uses up the battery far to quickly, how would you make it as minimal and un-bloated as possible?
>>
>>51912541
Just flash kitkat rom.
>>
>>51912541

kitkat CM 11

airplane mode, greenify, uninstall all things that you dont need, gapps.
>>
Buy a new battery and reflash the stock rom via Odin.

Don't install CM, it ruins the camera and the sound; and probably even the battery.

Just run rooted stock (without xposed, mind you; that drains battery). Also, enable the battery saving mode.
>>
No, CM does not fuck the battery or anything else. Running CM 12.1 on the same phone here, better life than touchwiz. Also does not fuck camera or sound, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>51913296
I had a bad experience with CM on samsung phones, that's why.

The audio was loud, the camera was dim, the battery dropped rather quickly...
>>
>>51913386
Same here. Don't touch CM11, others are okay.
>>
Same phone here, Im using this right now:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s3/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-1-i9300-t3254215
As everyone point out, just use airplane mode for maximum battery life.
I wouldn't recommend you to try to find an "original" battery, you won't find them, they are all very well made chinese knockoff, the best you can do is to get a third party battery with great warranty, like these:

http://www.amazon.com/warranty-ZeroLemon-Compatible-GT-i9300-ZL-GS3-2x-2300/dp/B00B0IS6MU/
>>
why not buy a cheap replacement battery?

You can get chink batteries (which are admittedly housefire baterries) for as low as 2 dollar. And premium batteries (with decent circuitry) for about 10 to 20 dollars.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-12-13-32-24.png (64 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-12-13-32-24.png
64 KB, 720x1280
Just root, debloat it, use xposed to force everything you're gonna open into memory, and edit the kernel to minimize disk i/o as much as possible.

You save so much from minimizing disk i/o. It's absurd.

Pic related is with a stock battery on the S3.
>>
>>51913507
I bought one straight from Samsung. $25 but worth it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.