[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
muh privacy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1450313536485.png (128 KB, 604x493) Image search: [Google]
1450313536485.png
128 KB, 604x493
If there's anything the Snowden revelations have taught us, it's that every OS from Linux to OSX to Android all havebackdoors.

Why do people still act like using Linux or OSX will offer them protection when it's filled with more holes than a block of Swiss cheese. There are forums online where you can get access to the latest exploits weeks or months before they are patched.
>>
>Linux

[citation needed]
>>
>>51905042

https://securityblog.redhat.com/
>>
>>51905251
What's this got to do with Snowden?
>>
>>51905028
I can't speak on OSX, but with Linux we at least have the opportunity to remove back doors. Better than nothing.
>>
>>51905028
The real privacy is hacking the gibson
>>
>>51905282

NOPE. YOU CAN'T DO SHIT. YOUR OS MASTERS NEED TO FIRST FIND HOLES THEN PATCH THEM WHICH TAKES A LOT OF TIME DURING WHICH YOU ARE UNPROTECTED AND THEREFORE FUCKED.
>>
>>51905409
there are solutions to zero-day attack vectors for a reason
>>
>>51905028
dumb frogposter
>>
>>51905409
So, you want everyone to bend over and just take it instead? Is that right anon?
>cause that's way better...

how much are you making for this again?
>i forget.
>>
>>51905453

>muh false equivalences

Stay mad
>>
>>51905453

CVCK
>>
File: image_6.jpg (20 KB, 480x451) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
20 KB, 480x451
>>51905028
Dumb frogposter
>>
Why wont you guys stop making fun of Windows? All operating systems are vulnerable so you might as well install Windows 10 and stop being so mean!
>>
>>51905028
dumb frogposter
>>
He's right you know
>>
>>51905042

If you're using a recent Intel CPU, it is at the hardware level. Seperate ARC processor and ThreadX OS which runs regardless of main OS.

www.libreboot.org/faq/#intelme
>>
It's amazing that Linux would have back doors considering how little relevance it has in the market. It must've been a very easy backdoor to implement, I guess since not many people use it not much light shines on how vulnerable it is to the simplest of things.
>>
>>51906321
>considering how little relevance it has in the market

90% of all servers on earth run Linux

You dun goofed
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.