[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change the "install gentoo" meme to "install Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: windowsme_b3_intro.gif (143 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
windowsme_b3_intro.gif
143 KB, 1024x768
Can we change the "Install Gentoo" meme to "Install Windows ME" instead? Im sure anyone who used Windows ME would understand.
>>
I liked windows ME.
>>
>>51900534
Do you remember how buggy it was?
>>
Install Gentoo exists for a reason, you fucking wintard.
>>
>>51900571
I do, but it was fixed pretty early on, just like vista. Then it felt like windows 2000 w/o full DOS features, which was kinda meh but it was a very comfy OS
>>
>>51900519
No
>>
>>51900519
Can u not
>>
>>51900607
>but it was fixed pretty early on, just like vista.

It wasn't. It was a complete disaster. I was like 16 when it was released. I'd gotten an Advent with a Pentium 4 and Windows ME, which cooked itself. The P4 was a terrible processor too. Worse performance than the P3. Intel fudged either a compiler or benchmarks or something to make the P4 look better than it was. They ended up paying $15m in compensation last year for it.

WinME was part of that whole cluster fuck of horrible hardware and shitty software combined with shady business practices at the time.

WinME and the P4 was so bad it was actually what started me building my own PCs. After my Advent cooked itself, I went to a local brick and mortar, bought components and they were selling SuSE box sets, so picked one up. That was my first intro to self building and Linux.
>>
>>51900519
No?

Installing Gentoo isn't a meme, you edgelord.
>>
>>51900519
>Im sure anyone who used Windows ME would understand.
The number of people who actually installed ME was very small. It came on you new PC and was almost impossible to dislodge.
>>
I'd love that as a filter.
Just to see the autists shit the bed in rage.
>>
>>51901187
>dear diary
>>
>>51902293
>mad that someone was actually old enough to experience WinME at the time instead of being under 10 years old and pretending to know what they're talking about.
>>
>>51900519

Big fan of Windows ME desu
>>
Im near the tears when i see how nice / functional and conistent the design is
Compare that to win8+
Whatever happened, everything is shit now
>>
File: 1435693616483.jpg (584 KB, 1639x2088) Image search: [Google]
1435693616483.jpg
584 KB, 1639x2088
>>51902328
>/g/ is my personal blog
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.