[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What programming language should I learn to have a job in 2016?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: target.jpg (35 KB, 420x578) Image search: [Google]
target.jpg
35 KB, 420x578
>>
COBOL
>>
>>51898339
a university degree, otherwise get in line because there are literally millions of degree holders who are more qualified than you are.
>>
>>51898339
Ruby
>>
x86_64 assembly
>>
Brainfuck
>>
File: 1444757462676.gif (1 MB, 299x224) Image search: [Google]
1444757462676.gif
1 MB, 299x224
>>51898355
He could be in university and asking himself that question
>>
>>51898469
Is that dog OK??
>>
>>51898339
Java is the current meme language employers are looking for
>>
>>51898509
That seems like an artict turtle to me
>>
>>51898509
Yeah, dogs are natural swimmers
Totally fine
>>
>>51898432
The x86 ISA is one only its creators could love. Succeeding generations of Intel engineers have _tried_ to correct unpopular architectural decisions made in designing the 80x86.
For example, the 80x86 supports segmentation, whereas all others picked paging; it uses extended accumulators for integer data, but other processors use general-purpose registers; and it uses a stack for floating-point data, when everyone else abandoned execution stacks long before.
>>
>>51898339
Any of these: C++, Java, PHP, C#, unless you are gonna be working with hippie startups.
Don't fall for the /g/ memes. Look around at the job posting sites, see what languages are popular, and what are employers looking for. Stick to one language, if you get grip of one language, others are pretty easy to understand.
>>
>>51898339
There will always be some hipster who has too much money and wants to make an app.

Learn C to begin with, then switch to Java. Then learn how to use the Native development kit for Android and see if you can write a simple game engine in it. Then move to a 3D engine.

You won't battle to find a decent job with those kinds of skills.
>>
All of them, fuckboy.
>>
File: QL8Bnjm.gif (1 MB, 392x400) Image search: [Google]
QL8Bnjm.gif
1 MB, 392x400
>>51898339
Java is the current normie language, also C++ is a good choice.
>>
>>51898509
THAT'S A CAT YOU FUCKING RETARDED MONKEY! I BET YOU THINK YOU'RE REAL FUNNY ON AN ARABIAN WOOD CARVING BLOG.
>>
>>51898339
I would suggest following what this Anon >>51899039 said and plus, you should look around sites like CodeChef or Topcoder and see what they ask around.
>>
>>51898339
I'd say go with some simple programming language (anything related to web dev). Pure programming languages are too tricky to learn and be working with within a year IMO.
>>
>>51898339
might as well program yourself to mop floors or flip burgers if you think knowing any language is going to land you a respectable job
>>
You need to learn the philosophy of programming, algorithms, how computers work, and a language of your choice to actually earn experience in interacting with said computer. Then you can just pick up any language, a week or two should be enough for you to appropriate the syntax, and you should be comfortable within a month.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.