[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Built-in web server PHP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 0715.sdt-php7.jpg (26 KB, 1033x615) Image search: [Google]
0715.sdt-php7.jpg
26 KB, 1033x615
Is it any good for development. Are you using it /g/?

$ php -S localhost:8000
PHP 5.6.0 Development Server started at Thu Jul 21 10:43:28 2011
Listening on localhost:8000
Document root is /home/me/public_html
Press Ctrl-C to quit
>>
>using php
>out of free will
>>
>>51896142
Made the switch last weekend. It runs good.
Can't really feel the difference between php 5.2.6 which I had before, except some small features like preg_replace e-modifier.
>>
>>51896154
>Use google or ask /dpt/.

what is google?
>>
>>51896178
>Made the switch last weekend. It runs good.

You're talking about PHP v7? Would love to switch too, but it does not support memcached yet.
>>
>>51896175

Using it for shitty hosting environments. PHP is OK for websites.
>>
>>51896175
Yes I am.
>>
The CLI server is ok for small testing, as soon as you find a memory leak or something like that the server crashes and you have to ctrl c and start again.

Basically it works for testing a block of code, but if you're developing a website use an actual server.
>>
It's 2015, who still uses PHP save for people who are trapped by an existing codebase?
>>
>>51896988
>>51896175
what should I use then?
>>
For anything relatively simple and while you're learning, the built-in server is more than fine. Once you move into producing something of value, you might want to look into setting up a virtual machine that mimics the production environment with apache or nginx and all that.
>>
>>51897027
FaggotJS
>>
>>51896988
Making 50k a year and I work with potheads

Smoke weed erryday

Php 4 lyf nothing is better
Node shills goto hell
>>
>>51897027
Node, asp, django, rails or literally anything else.

>>51897066
>being proud of a 50k salary
>>
>>51897076
>50k salary

is good. only startup faggots are making more.
>>
>>51897076
>asp
Just...
>>
>>51897851
jesus christ ASP is shit too?
I swear to god, LITERALLY every web framework is called shit.
>>
>>51898468
You must be new.
>>
>>51897076
>OP asks for any alternative language
>Node, asp, django, rails
>>
>>51896988
I do and so do alot of others. Why would you think otherwise? Is it surprising to you, that shitposters have no clue about reality?
>>
>>51897076
>implying any of those shit frameworks are better than based laravel
>>
>>51897297
50K with a promised multiple dollar raise every 3-5 months, been working here 2 years.

cant really get any more comfy than this lads

my qualifications?
>high school diploma
>>
>>51897297
>50k salary is good

Can we all wrap our heads around the concept that what is and isn't a "good" salary depends on where you live (I.e. cost of living) and your experience?

For further excitement, consider the possibility that something like web development could be done remotely, allowing one to get paid E.g. an SF wage but live somewhere cheap like Brazil. For example.
>>
>>51899333
>Can we all wrap our heads around the concept that what is and isn't a "good" salary depends on where you live (I.e. cost of living) and your experience?

yep. there are places on this earth where 50k will give you relatively new mercedes + comfy penthouse and all the bitches in town.
>>
>>51899455
lmao enjoy your life in some shithole where you can get by with your non-existant 50k a year salary lmao.
tfw fucking 10/10 LA bitches and earning 100k a year. feels good man
>>
>>51899849
>LA
>earning 100k

So basically you have the salary of a nurse or a plumber.

Great jab lad. Keep the good work. One day you may even have your own home.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.