[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think the market for conventional laptops and general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Do you think the market for conventional laptops and general purpose x86_64 computer hardware will still exist 10 years from now?

Think about all the things normal people do with their computers, and how many of those things can be done on a tablet with a keyboard.

Soon enough, you will be called antiquated and "stuck in the past" for wanting a computer that isn't a locked down ARM-based piece of shit tablet designed solely for browsing social media and watching video.
>>
Yes.

Even my ultra-normalfag relatives who daily drive tablet computers still bust out a laptop or desktop for real work, keyboard cases will always be annoying useless ugly shit and tablet/phone operating systems are extremely dumbed down and underpowered for anything but surfing the web/serving advertisements.

Remember OP, ultimately literally nobody gives a shit but other "tech savvy" autists who base their self worth on having the latest low-end consumer technology when it comes to the tools you use to accomplish a job.
>>
What the hell's even the point of the last sentence?
It's nothing but fearmongering over shitty tablets, what the fuck
>>
The future is fast connections and thin clients.
>>
>>51891057
guys i'm being persecuted in a future scenario that i just came up with right now what do i do
>>
The surface will still exist in 10 years. Every other tablet manufacturer is literally copying it, but MS will slowly win out a large niche.

Android on tablets is fucking busted so i don't know why you posted the Pixel C, that won't exist in 10 years
>>
Yeah, I'm sure I can have 7 windows side by side on a tablet.

No, wait
>>
Every person I know that uses a tablet "for work" just connects to a more capable machine with ssh.
Real computers aren't going away.
>>
>>51891154
>Not plugging a USB monitor to dual screen your win10 tablet

chump
>>
>>51891154
I'm sure you use 7 windows side by side on your laptop too :^)
>>
>>51891224
Well, I sure can on my triple monitor setup.
>and general purpose x86_64 computer hardware
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.