[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SQT/ Stupid Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1380839515411.jpg (82 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1380839515411.jpg
82 KB, 900x675
Post your simple/small/stupid questions here ONCE and WAIT for a reply. DO NOT BUMP. You are NOT entitled to an answer.

Take at least 10 seconds to google first.

Read the sticky before posting: >>39894014 (Cross-thread)

Redirect with >>>/g/sqt and ignore anybody asking stupid questions outside this thread.

Try >>>/g/flt for Linux related questions.
>>
File: 87g8.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
87g8.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
my video/audio is out of sync on films I download and even the games I play.

Was playing GTA 4 earlier and the video/audio was out of sync during the cutscenes.

using mpc-hc w/ kawaii codec pack

would buying SSD help?
>>
What is the successor to the HP elite book 9480m?
>>
What kind of specs should I be looking for in a PCs monitor for vidya mostly
>>
>>51891941
144hz
>>
File: mfw php.jpg (4 MB, 5134x3154) Image search: [Google]
mfw php.jpg
4 MB, 5134x3154
I'm fucking lost in this basic php/mysql shit
I wanna show the latest row of my table, and it works fine if I do
SELECT * FROM guestbook_table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1
in phpmyadmin. But I want to do it on my site.

I thought I just had to do
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM guestbook_table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1';
and then
echo "$sql";
where I want to print it. But that just prints the command, not the actual contents.

Help bls.
>>
File: 1441921434520.jpg (10 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1441921434520.jpg
10 KB, 500x333
>>51891959
>echo "$sql"

all you did was create the command. You have to a) connect to your database and b) send the command ($sql) then c) present the result
>>
>>51891959

Look here: meekro.com

Download that, include it into your php page, configure it (real easy to do).

Now to do what you want:

$sql = DB::queryFirstRow("SELECT * FROM guestbook_table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1");

Now you want to echo fields...

echo $sql['field_name'];

Using meekrodb will protect you against sql attacks and such I do believe, I get on well with it.
>>
File: 1450039014795.png (125 KB, 411x432) Image search: [Google]
1450039014795.png
125 KB, 411x432
So /g/ I recently discovered tonight that I have a few corrupt images. Is there any way or tool/tools to repair/recover them?
>>
>>51890641
havent upgraded my hdd since 2004, only have 250gb and have to constantly uninstall shit to make room for new shit.

should I get a large external HDD or are they all shit?
>>
>>51892018
I've been using a 2tb drive for media and a 32gb ssd for os/software. It works.
>>
>>51891957
That's it ms and resolution don't matter?
>>
>>51890690
>would buying SSD help?
No.
How is your audio setup ? Some kind of external DAC, or speakers/headphones connected directly to the ports on your motherboard ?
>>
>>51892066
>headphones connected directly to the ports on your motherboard ?
this. ath m50.

cheap $50 asus motherboard with built in audio/integrated graphics.

think it's the motherboard?
>>
>>51892046
144hz monitors will have low ms so it doesn't matter. Resolution is preference, if you have the extra money and your rig is powerful enough to play at a higher resolution you can go for a higher resolution otherwise 1920x1080 is fine
>>
>>51891941
It depends on your personal tastes, what kind of vidya you're playing, what level you're playing said vidya at, whether you want placebo refresh rates and response times, and so on.

Based on the amount of information you've given in your post, I'd recommend you go for a nice 60Hz IPS monitor. Grey to grey response time (aka. muh ms) is the most placebo "spec" of all of them, do not bother giving half a shit about this.
>>
File: nahtpc.png (58 KB, 1163x635) Image search: [Google]
nahtpc.png
58 KB, 1163x635
Is this build a bad idea? I'll be using the ram and drives from my old nas but I want to build a low power nas/htpc.

Should I wait for new tech? Should I consider something else?

I'll eventually be adding a bluray drive and I might consider installing my 670 after I replace it in like 6 months.
>>
>>51891985
oh sorry, I do have all this stuff
$servername = "localhost";
$username = "root";
$password = "";
$dbname = "test";

$conn = new mysqli($servername, $username, $password, $dbname);

if ($conn->connect_error){
die("Connection failed! :( :" .$conn->connect_error);
}
$sql = 'SELECT * FROM guestbook_table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1';

Still can't figure our how to print the damn thing
>>
>>51892086
Could be, I'd say it's either bad built-in audio, or a bad driver causing this.

Assuming that your audio is late compared to your video, what happens if you play music on your desktop ?
Is there a delay between pressing play/pause and the music playing/pausing ?

Do you have something like a USB DAC available to try out ?
>>
>>51890641
This picture angers me. Why would someone sign a shitty tracing of a picture that's already been painted better?
Fucking fag.
>>
>>51892123

http://www.w3schools.com/php/func_mysqli_fetch_row.asp

if ($result=mysqli_query($con,$sql))
{
// Fetch one and one row
while ($row=mysqli_fetch_row($result))
{
printf ("%s (%s)\n",$row[0],$row[1]);
}
// Free result set
mysqli_free_result($result);
}

mysqli_close($conn);
>>
>>51892147
>Is there a delay between pressing play/pause and the music playing/pausing ?

no delay.

I'm leaning towards bad audio on the motherboard. would cheap soundcard solve this problem?
>>
>>51892174
first line makes the query from the $sql, the loop runs through all the rows you got as a result, then you do what you want with the results.

don't forget to free/close that shit.
>>
How is it that in GNUPG or PGP we can be sure that my public/private key pair hasnt been generated before and is in use? Is it just cause my name and email are in it? If I use the same email and name in many keypairs how long will it be until I generate another match? Or is there a timestamp element as well?

Plz help
>>
>>51892175
Is the delay amount consistent across all media?
>>
>>51892197
no. it's worse with certain video files.

sometimes it's barely noticible other times the actor mouth keeps moving two seconds after the audio stopped talking
>>
>>51892175
Quite possibly.
Do you happen to be using displayport or HDMI with your monitor, and if so does your monitor have a headphone jack or built-in speakers ?
You could try switching over to your GPU's audio through HDMI/displayport, see if this fixes the sync issue. If it doesn't, then a cheap soundcard isn't the answer and you need to look into software issues.
>>
>>51892212
Have you tested these files (after noticing the problem) on a different device? If not, your files may have been / are being corrupted.
>>
using dual link dvi. no 3.5mm or built in speakers.

my gpu has built in audio?
>>
>>51892258
>my gpu has built in audio?
Yep, pretty much all modern GPUs have built in audio, it's how they get HDMI/displayport audio to work.
If you have a TV, you can try hooking your computer up to that through HDMI to test, otherwise test your files on a different device like >>51892224 said.

Though this >>51892212
>sometimes it's barely noticible other times the actor mouth keeps moving two seconds after the audio stopped talking
points towards something other than an audio issue, if it's the picture that's lagging behind.
>>
How spooky is an average of 70C for my computer parts? I live in a tropical area
>>
>>51892315
I installed nvidia audio and I think it fixed it. thanks for caring anon!! <3
>>
File: 1437383031516.png (65 KB, 831x846) Image search: [Google]
1437383031516.png
65 KB, 831x846
Would it be wise to change your user agent or use something like Blender with Tor browser?
>>
File: 1449996290618.png (62 KB, 414x248) Image search: [Google]
1449996290618.png
62 KB, 414x248
So, sometimes when I have pngs with transparent backgrounds, the background shows up as completely black when I'm looking at the picture's thumbnail in windows' file explorer. Also for some reasons I don't understand, renaming it to .gif solves this.

pic related is an example.

Why do you think that is?
>>
>>51892661
>Would it be wise to change your user agent or use something like Blender with Tor browser?
no
1. additional extensions helps deanonymizing the user and could introduce security problems
2. all tor users having the same user agent increases anonymity because it reduces the chance for a more unique fingerprint
>>
>>51892685
Precisely what I suspected. Thanks for confirming anon.
>>
File: 1439295980281.gif (641 KB, 400x313) Image search: [Google]
1439295980281.gif
641 KB, 400x313
>>51892663
Disregard pngs, gif is the superior file format so you should be using it for everything.
>>
>>51891941

If you sit ~45-55cm away from the screen, get 23-24". Any higher and part of the screen will be outside even your semi-decent vision.

Get a monitor with low input lag. One frame is 16.66ms, so aim for 16ms or less lag. Response times are less important. Color accuracy may be an important consideration, and tilt/height adjustment factors is often necessary for optimal calibration.

Check benchmarks to find the real contrast ratio. Generally there is a trade-off between brightness and contrast, so a properly calibrated monitor may only run at say 36% brightness. Look for a monitor that can run at high brightness without 'crushing' the blacks/whites - what this means is that a pure white and a slightly green white become indistinguishable. Also look for brightness uniformity.

If your GPU can run games at 80fps+, then you might want to consider a 120hz/144hz monitor, but the problem is that you're getting a mystery box as far as color accuracy and input lag is concerned and its doubtful its any good. Keep in mind that 60hz monitors can be overclocked up to about 75hz in some cases, but this seems to come at the expense of other things and doesn't always mean displaying 75fps.

4K is a meme, and 1440p is ok but 78% more demanding than 1080p and 1080p is still the best supported resolution.

TFT central do detailed reviews of a few monitors. The Dell U2414H looks about the best option at the moment:

23.8" 1920x1080 60hz
Excellent color accuracy (96% sRGB IPS)
8.9ms response time (but only 4ms total lag!)
20W power consumption
Tilt/height adjustment

Wait until it appears on Dell outlet at a reduced price. If your current monitor is already 23"+ and has a measured input lag of 30ms or less, then you might just want to stick with what you've got for now.
>>
has anyone had the green tea kitkats?
>>
I remember how getting a "free" permanent activation for windows 10 was as easy as installing Windows 7, using daz loader and upgrading to 10 on it.

Now I have a new PC with UEFI and all its bells and whistles, does this process still work? It just feels stupid to be using MS toolkit on Windows 10 but that's what I'm doing right now.
>>
File: capp.png (126 KB, 1170x875) Image search: [Google]
capp.png
126 KB, 1170x875
Looking for help with my video cards.

Here's my build - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nyF9FT

I've had the 7950's for about a year and a half now, and they're giving me nothing but problems. Constant overheating with idle temps at 65C, and crossfiring & overclocking are iffy at best. It's a struggle to run games like Far Cry 4, Just Cause 3, Fallout 4, etc. And the drivers, holy shit the drivers. Crimson has done nothing but screw up my system even more, with crimson causing artifacting and other issues, and the UI is just terrible. I love waiting 4 months for new drivers, only to find out they still suck.
I've got a 144hz monitor, but only really give a shit about 144hz in CSGO, so all I'm looking for is a video card that can support 60+fps / 1080p (1440p in a year or so) , and can handle dual monitors, but gaming only on one of them.
My budget is ~$375, but can go higher / lower depending on what's out there. I've mainly been looking at the 970's, but is the 970 4GB, better than my current cards, even with all their problems? I'm not picky on Radeon or Nvidia, just looking for the best bang for my buck at the moment. I'm sure I'm excluding / missing some important details, so if I do, just let me know if I am.

If need be I can post Speccy / GPUZ / anything else if more info is required.

Thanks -
>>
File: ss (2015-12-16 at 02.06.04).png (15 KB, 397x557) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-16 at 02.06.04).png
15 KB, 397x557
recently got a roku streaming stick and i cant find the "connect to a wireless device" option under project tab, is this because i already have 2 monitors?
>>
Is now a good time to buy a videocard?
>>
>>51893241
No, wait till boxing day.
>>
>>51892563
Does firmware for your router affect your ISP?
Like say if it's something on their end would they be able to fix a connection problem or would it be up to me?
Also is setting up the firmware easy/risk free?
>>
>>51893068
Running a single GPU set up will more than likely alleviate some stress as some games have terrible crossfire support. At a 375$ price point the 970 is more than likely your best choice, however the 980 is a sizable improvement if you are willing to trickle in that extra 100$.
If the cards are causing you too many problems, buy a 970 now, if you want to wait and see, save up for that 98.
>>
>>51893298
>Like say if it's something on their end would they be able to fix a connection problem or would it be up to me?
What are you even asking? Using non-stock firmware means no more hand holding from your ISP's tech support.
>Also is setting up the firmware easy/risk free?
Depends.
>>
>>51893329
So if there's a problem with a connection it's own me to fix it? What about if it's like a first time setup for the ISP, would that interfere?
>>
Does cloning the hdd copies whole file structure, with fragmentation and shit?
>>
>>51893345
Depends on whether the problem is your fault or their fault. You fix your shit, they fix theirs.
>>
>>51893356
Usually, yes. A "bare metal" image/close copies the sectors directly.
>>
>>51893371
I assume you can't clone system partition to another drive while system is running?
>>
>>51893320

The cards run great for most, if not all games, maintaining 60+ fps on 1080p, however it's the temperatures that fuck me over.

They're idling at 65C and 42C at the moment, and all I'm doing is watching Netflix and a few tabs up. I ran Dying Light earlier and first card got up to 90+C and the other was at about 83C.

That's with fans at 60% each, and a few other fans blowing onto the cards themselves.

I might just splurge and get the 980, but how does the 980 compare to the 390x?
>>
>>51893401
No, there are read-protected areas. Best way is to boot something like clonezilla and take images from there.
>>
>>51893402
The 980 and 390x trade blows pretty evenly, they preform better on different games with a 5 fps deviation at maximum. If temps are an issue the 390x does consume much more power than the 980 does, so it will certainly run hotter. You also get the benefit of faster and more consistent driver support from Nvidia's side, so I would really lean towards thje 980.
>>
>>51893453

Yeh, the driver support, or rather lack thereof really pisses me off about Radeon. Their newest driver has made JC3 to artifact and crimson just sucks all around. At this point I'd rather just deal with Nvidia.
>>
>>51893427
Images. Can't I clone directly from drive to drive?
>>
>>51893492
Well yes, that'd work too, as long as you have enough bays/cables.
>>
>>51893500
So you're recommending clonezilla. Will it let me to resize partitions before or after cloning them?
>>
File: file.png (10 KB, 489x241) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10 KB, 489x241
how do I run a simple sql command like this but in a .php document instead of phpmyadmin?
I have connected to the database, but I just can't figure out where to go from here.
>>
>>51893523
No, clonezilla isn't a full linux distro, it's literally just for
>taking images of disks
>restoring images of disks
>taking images of partitions
>restoring images of partitions
>cloning disks or partitions directly
The point is for it to be as small as possible so you can PXE boot it without waiting forever.

RTFM http://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-live-doc.php
>>
>>51893579
http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_intro.asp
>>
>Laptop suddenly starts bluescreening soon after loading windows due to registry error
>safe mode works, clean boot doesn't
>system restores fail
>run some system diagnostics, throws up an error that usually means the HDD is kill
>restart, miss the boot menu prompt
>normal boot works
>restart to make sure it's not a fluke
>normal boot works
>again just to make sure
>normal boot works

fucking why

I'd hate to be a technician if this is the nonsensical shit they have to put up with.
>>
File: bluetest.png (11 KB, 651x161) Image search: [Google]
bluetest.png
11 KB, 651x161
I'm trying to get bluetooth access on android using kivy.
However, after trying the same code as the second snippet from https://gist.github.com/tito/7432757, the app crashes after the loading screen and my adb shows pic related.
I added BLUETOOTH and BLUETOOTH_ADMIN to the buildozer spec file.
Anything I'm missing/doing wrong?
>>
>>51893621
This is why I hate windows, it's just so... opaque.
>>
What's the worst that could happen if I accidentally switched the + and - connectors to the mobo for stuff like the power LED?
>>
>>51890641
>>51890641
dOES THE dELL U2715H HAVE FAst MODE 6MS and do you have to activate it or does it come on automatically in game?
>>
Has anyone ever been busted for torrenting windows?

I bought a x220 recently and tried running linux on it, I got everything installed and ots working okay, but I want to actually code on the machine and I like Visual Studio.

Whatever company I bought the x220 from ripped the windows key off the back. I've torrented photoshop fine, successfully installing the executable version without the updater running ect. I've torrented plenty of games fine but I've never run a pirated OS.

Am I being paranoid not just finding the 3rd most seeded torrent on kickass and installing it?
>>
>>51893705
Nothing. The wires are just shorting the two pins to complete a circuit, there is no polarization
>>
>>51893730
English mode pls
>>
>>51893742
I dont think windows cares about one man outfits because its only going to make you intsall it later once you like so its its free advertising for them
>>
>>51893753
Dost though radiant Ultraexcalibur shine forth with VI of thine Greyest to thine Grey with yonder automation in performing adventurous cavalry sports?
>>
>>51893619
I know this is really basic shit, but I'm fucking desperate at this point.

Why does
$sql = "SELECT * FROM guestbook_table ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1";
$result = $conn->query($sql);

if ($result->num_rows > 0) {
echo $sql;
}

just type out the "SELECT * FROM ..." command instead of actually doing it?
>>
>>51893742
Corporation or business = busted
Personal user = not busted

Microsoft knows most people don't buy Windows, or use only a legal version on devices that come with a license (like laptops or x86 tablets). They don't give two shits about that in particular.

They are more concerned with what you do with your OS rather than pirating it. If they were concerned about it enough, they have it extremely easy to find out nowadays and they would make a lot more people switch to linux. Enough to make Adobe consider it a failure.
>>
>>51893621
It could be a hardware error. My C300 will only let me boot windows if it is warmed up. On a cold boot it will bluescreen and I'd have to leave it with the blue screen for a few minutes then I could reboot and it works fine.

Sometimes in the winter I'd have to leave it on longer before I could reboot with no errors.

>>51893705
The LED won't turn on.

>>51893742
Nah. MS would rather have you in their ecosystem than try and sue a single user over stealing software.

Besides, no company cares about end users, businesses are their main catch.
>>
>>51893794
>>51893808

What if I want to make/release games using like XNA/Monogame? Will they know if I compile the code on my legit machine (my pc) while developing on my thinkpad every now and then?
>>
>>51893821
No, but I wouldn't risk it. A windows license is not even that expensive.

Why not just install the version of windows that your thinkpad came with or install linux?
>>
>>51893746
LEDs are polarized fgt
>>
>>51893843
I have linux installed right now. The seller ripped the windows key from beneath the battery for some reason.

I can't find a development environment I like on linux. Currently I'm just using a text editor and the g++ compiler.
>>
>>51893873
>The seller ripped the windows key
My bad, I can't into reading. What version of windows did it come with? 7?

You can try reinstalling using an oem key and then just upgrade to 10
>>
>>51893901
It came with windows 7 professional installed and before I installed linux I went to MyComp -> Properties and stored the product key but it when I tried to upgrade to 10 with it and get an ISO it didn't have enough characters. It had like 20 and needed 25.

I still have it if that helps.
>>
>>51893921
I have some unused oem pro keys but if I post them on 4chan, I can't guarantee that they'll continue to be unused.

The company I work for has hundreds of computers that came with windows 7 or 8 pro and all of them are formatted to enterprise. I snap a picture of a key every now and then incase I need one. I snagged them for personal use so I wouldn't have to pirate windows.

Again, I would just purchase a legit new key if there's any chance it will be involved in any legit business work but I can't tell you what to do.
>>
>>51893788
That was stupid question, its the menu to change it to fast response derp
>>
I need a google tablet (yes it has to be google unleess you know of a good android emulator for PC to play Momument Valley with)

What's the least shit one? Main concern is amount of memory to save shit to and if any have any it using SD/micro SD cards
>>
>>51894044
Supposedly the newish samsung galaxy tabs are pretty decent.

Another option is the chuwi hi8 or any other dual boot chinese tablet.

I'm assuming by google you mean android because the nexus devices don't have sd slots
>>
File: 1424106848522.jpg (213 KB, 1000x779) Image search: [Google]
1424106848522.jpg
213 KB, 1000x779
Any MPV wizards here?
I want to make it so the window open on certain location in the screen with a relative size size.
How do I do that?
>>
>>51893808
>The LED won't turn on
Alright. The mobo manual tells me which pins are + and -, how do I tell which of the connectors are + or -? The case manual doesn't say.
>>
>>51894146
You do that with your window manager not mpv
>>
>>51894044
If you're going for a smaller one, don't go for the galaxy tab A. It has a terrible resolution and it's underpowered.
>>
>>51894304
flip the connector. There are only two possible configurations and you've already ruled one of them out.
>>
I bought:
i5-6600
H170 board
Low cost cooler

Should I have gotten a i5-6600k with Z170 and Noctua cooler instead? I have never overclocked, but still I'm not sure if I made the right decision.
>>
>>51890690

SSD won't do shit. Sounds like an audio driver/setup problem. What's your sound setup like? Have you tried VLC to play the movies? That would clear your codec pack if it's in sync.
>>
>>51894146
Read the manpage entries for the autofit and geometry settings
>>
>>51892641
The entire thread is about how this is a square, and its even measured as a square...how can you think >>51892013
Generally, no
>>
>>51894371
If it was fairly cheap then maybe it wasn't the worst decision, but if you have the opportunity not going for an unlocked processor is always worse.

I recently bought a 4460 and I'm happy with it, but I got it for pretty cheap too.
>>
File: 2094.jpg (16 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
2094.jpg
16 KB, 268x265
i need to generate preview from video, 4x4 just like in preview for porn video, command line and for windows, can i do this with ffmpeg?
>>
>>51892040
>32gb ssd for os/software.

Nigger are you serious? What OS are you running? Win7, swap file, memory dumps etc won't fit on 32GB. 10 and 8 would I guess.
>>
>>51892212

Boot up a Loonix livecd and see if you've got the same delay there.
>>
I'm not good with computers

Will enabling my GPU in the bios speed applications up? I disabled it some time ago to save battery
>>
>>51892175

Logically, if there's no delay when you hit play music but there is a delay during movies/games, how would bad audio hardware explain that?
>>
When did humanity gain consciousness?
>>
Say I swap the hard drive on this Win XP laptop with the hard drive from a dead Win 7 laptop. Besides having to download drivers for the new hardware and shit, will Win 7 work normally?
>>
>>51894497

It will improve performance in anything that requires GPU, obviously.

You didn't need to disable it in the BIOS, you can just open the AMD/Nvidia control panel and select what programs will run on the integrated graphics of your CPU or on the dedicated GPU. By default everything is set to integrated graphics, which is much less power hungry than dedicated graphics.
>>
File: 1428750938458.jpg (113 KB, 638x630) Image search: [Google]
1428750938458.jpg
113 KB, 638x630
>>51894388
Thanks, I manged to set the geometry but after some difficulties.
My WM xfcewm4 kept moving it tiling it.
But I have some issues with autofit and autofir-larger.
What should I use? I want so the larger videos shrink to the same size the small videos enlarged to.
Also how to override the geometry settings if the video have more height than width.
>>
should I buy
WD Blue 3TB 111€ 25.17 GB/€
WD Green 4TB 139€ 26.80 GB/€
Green gives more storage for an affordable price but I heard its slower than blue. Will this be noticeable at all? I have an SSD but sadly its only 60GB so I try to have just Windows in there.
>>
I'm trying to install windows but after I choose a hard drive it states "Setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition"

I've already tried to make a partition and reboot via
>DiskPart
>select disk 0
>clean
>create partition primary align=1024
>format fs=ntfs
>assign
>active

but it's not working. Given that formatting took an age, I'd rather not have to keep deleting and creating partitions. What's going wrong?
>>
>>51894589
the speed can be noticeable in some programs and things like games

blue for general everyday use and green for storage only
>>
>>51894408
yes.
See this
https://www.binpress.com/tutorial/how-to-generate-video-previews-with-ffmpeg/138
>>51894516
Not sure, I know it died when SJW took over.
>>51894542
Yep.
Assuming the HDD are compatible with the laptop.
I mean size wise.
>>
>>51894670

Yeah they're both 2.5 inch

Gonna try it this evening
>>
>>51893523

Try MiniTool Partition Wizard for your resizing needs. EasesUS has a freebeer application to resize and image I think, but I'd rather use MiniTool and Clonezilla.
>>
>>51894668
thanks Dude!
ill get the blue for general everyday use and keep my 2TB Green for storage - I download too much stuff ^_^"
>>
>>51893621

CrystalMark DiskInfo or similar to check the SMART for your drive(s). Look in the event viewer or use WhoCrashed to display the error codes, what are they?
>>
File: 10182990.jpg (81 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
10182990.jpg
81 KB, 500x500
It's 50% off now for $35. Is a software like this worth it? Is there a cheaper or better way to maintain the health of my Windows PC without much interaction?
>>
Are memes real
>>
>>51893821

Nigger, spend 20 bux on a Win7 key from plebbit or something if you're that worried.
>>
>>51894756

How does that shit work? I mean who are these people and where do they get all these keys?

Is it even legal to sell keys like that?
>>
>>51893921

Have you formatted the installation or are you dual booting? Magical Jellybean Key Finder is your friend for next time. Nirsoft makes a key finder as well, I think.
>>
File: 1429043284217.png (272 KB, 612x497) Image search: [Google]
1429043284217.png
272 KB, 612x497
I tried to root my SM-N910G Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (locked to Telstra) with CM Emotion SM-N910F/G but got stuck on the splash screen after installation.
So I restored my boot backup that I made before trying to install the OS, it boots ok now but it heats up ~65 C very quickly and restarts every couple of minutes.
Google turns up nothing relevant and I'm pretty new to android shit so I feel like I am breaking it more by fucking around. Can anyone help?
>>
File: Hello.png (3 MB, 1681x1050) Image search: [Google]
Hello.png
3 MB, 1681x1050
What's a normal frequency to overclock to when it comes to GPU overclocking? I have an MSI Radeon R9 390, what can I expect to achieve with this card? So far I've elevated from stock clock to 1090 MHz, but how far can I go before I have to start getting careful?
>>
>>51894304

What colour are they? There are only two possible combinations assuming you've got the correct header pins, so switch 'em around.
>>
File: 390.png (125 KB, 387x527) Image search: [Google]
390.png
125 KB, 387x527
>>51894840
I got 1150/1700 on my OC I think that's average.

Just keep going until you start seeing artifacts or your pc crashes.
>>
Want to have a NAS that I can access anywhere.
Want to use a VPN with it.
Have an ISP that does dynamic IP address (but offers static, Internode).

Is it possible to have the file server access anywhere an have my anonymity?
>>
>>51894840

You can probably push it a bit further. Keep testing until you find the value where things start to get fucked and settle for a bit less than that.

Like, if you get artifacts and weird shit in a benchmark at 1200 mhz, drop it to 1175 or something like that
>>
>>51894918

can you OC without increasing voltage?
>>
>>51894918
>Core voltage +100
>+50% power limit
>>
>>51894918
>>51894935
Thanks guys, appreciate the input
>>
>>51894943
yeah you can still get a decent overclock without touching voltage but it will let you overclock further if you got good cooling
>>
I'm getting these weird artifacts? (maybe, if that's what you want to call them)

But it's always square/ rectangle shaped, flashes, and sometimes I can make out an image in it, but broken up, or text.

I used to be able to screenshot it but now it doesn't show up.

I get issues in games with textures flickering or these large obnoxious flashing triangles of usually a solid color.

Usually I'd say what I'm expecting to get as a response to this and it's that the GPU is fucked, but this is the second GPU to do this to me.

I had a gtx 670 that inexplicably died on me, replaced with a 7870 that gave me these issues, that's since been replaced with an r9 280x that still gives them.

So is this a mobo problem? I'd like to try and narrow it down before I start buying things.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3104x4192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3104x4192
any way to fix this speaker
>>
>>51894999
Did it take a little while to start happening or did it start happening as soon as you installed the new card?
>>
>>51895025
It started so long back I may be wrong but I didn't notice them at first.

But even in this thread I'll sometimes see little snippets of text, cut in half horizontally in a spot it's not supposed to be.
>>
>>51894992
I'm just trying to grasp the concept of it all. Am I correct when I say

>Increasing the clock frequency increases the amount of operations per second (duh).
>A higher clock frequency requires higher voltage to maintain its stability and avoid crashes and errors
>Too low voltages results in crashes
>A higher voltage increases the heat generated in the card, thus requires better cooling to maintain a decent temperature

Am I wrong on any of these points?
Is this the whole deal with OCing?
Am I missing any vital parts related to OCing (especially related to the survival of the component)?
>>
File: 今日.gif (477 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
今日.gif
477 KB, 260x146
sudo dd if=/home/dankusername/architect-2015.11.19-64bit.iso of=/dev/sdb

>boot on usb stick
>kernel panic

Why can't I into architect?
This was supposed to be an easy installer for Arch and it installed seamlessly on my virtual machine before I tried it on my real computer.
>>
>>51895052
Not that other guy, but my friend had this situation some years back. The screen would show the image, but many small squares had switched places, been rotated, cut in half, etc like you're talking about (his were pretty much constant tho, there were a lot of them on his screen and some of them lasted for minutes). It's probably a dying GPU or monitor, not exactly sure which one. Have you tried a different monitor?
>>
I any way that i can run twitch url from mpv ?
>>
>>51895131
I have 2 Dell u2412m's and it will happen on both. It'll happen with just of the monitors (either of them alone)

This happened with my last GPU, and this one so I don't want to blame that just yet
>>
I need an alternative to Protonmail. It says I gotta wait to get my email, which I can't.

Are there any good email providers like Protonmail that doesn't violate your privacy and is secure?
>>
>>51895155
http://docs.livestreamer.io/
>>
What's a good external BluRay drive? I need a CD/DVD drive that can read/write, but BluRay reading would be preferable.
>>
>>51895077
Did you do a sync before removing your usb stick?
>>
Hypothetically, what's the limit of overclocking? Like, say you put your PC into a liquid nitrogen tank or some shit that's super cold (even if this wouldn't work, just picture the scenario), would you be able to OC to like 40 ghz or is there a point where no matter how cool you keep the CPU, it breaks or simply stops going faster?
>>
>>51895201
The metal would warp/snap.
>>
W7 with daz here.

I actually want to keep w7 on my desktop but I'm willing to try w10 on the laptop.

Can I create a w10 boot USB flash drive without compromising my w7?
>>
>>51895201
Mainly depends on the properties of material.

If you get a superconductor, you can overclock to infinite Ghz.
>>
what is the best benchmark software out there?
>>
>>51895201
Since speed of light is limited, there is a physical limit where the signal simply can't move fast enough to its destination before the next clock comes.
>>
File: lK2mVci.png (9 KB, 159x120) Image search: [Google]
lK2mVci.png
9 KB, 159x120
>>51895158
Found a picture of when i could screenshot it. Looks like this, Not always in the same position. But always looks like that. Colors vary etc,
>>
>>51895201
Yes, the electronics have physical limitations.

For instance, the formula for finding a capacitor's reactance (look at it as the "resistance" in a capacitor) is as follows:

Xc=1/(2 * pi * f * C), where Xc is the reactance, f is the frequency of the signal and C is the capacitance of the capacitor. If you set a frequency f that is insanely high, the reactance of the capacitor gets so close to 0 that it's basically a short circuit. Therefore, the capacitor loses its effect and the circuit doesn't work (ofcource, this depends on the actual circuit, but you get my point).

>tl;dr
Yes, when you get to a certain point, the system will fall apart because of limitations in the hardware.
>>
File: Always.gif (684 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Always.gif
684 KB, 800x800
>>51895270
>Before the next clock comes
>CPU so fast that it's already calculated the problem before the signal reaches the monitor
>>
File: Yeah I know, L O N D O N etc.png (292 KB, 1778x831) Image search: [Google]
Yeah I know, L O N D O N etc.png
292 KB, 1778x831
Are these good? I mean, they look good and cost barely anything, so they're probably good for the price.
>>
Upgrading to 980ti, but I have a 1080p asus monitor at the moment. I realize it's overkill now but what monitor(s) should I look into for the future for my 980ti. Are Gsync monitors the future? 4K? Wat do?
>>
>>51895459
I'd look into some 34" ultrawide IPS with that card. Gsync is nice, whether you care about it is up to you as you'll probably only find it on ricer gaymen trash.
>>
>>51895334

>not using livestreamer.

I'm pretty sure your PC is calling you out on your stupidity
>>
>>51895269
3dmark, cinebench
>>
>>51895398

So where is the limit for current CPUs? I read somewhere that the current record for an intel i7 is something like 8 ghz

how high would you need to go to break it?
>>
>>51895637
Pretty sure using that won't fix my problem.
>>
File: 1450276005126.png (23 KB, 321x128) Image search: [Google]
1450276005126.png
23 KB, 321x128
I was told to come here so what the fuck are these arrows

and how do I get rid of them
>>
>>51895554
>>51895554
>>51895554
>>
Is there any fucking logic behind setting up 3 languages in google translate(browser)?
>>
>>51895200
No, I just restarted my computer with the usb stick plugged in.

It usually works when I do it with other distros.

I got the Architect menu where I can choose whether to intall or boot in the existing OS.

When I try to do the install, I get a kernel panic before the usual install interface got displayed.
>>
Tormented a video last night, I tried opening it in comodo sandbox but it didn't work.

I want to try VLC next but how do I find out if it's actually the video but not carrying a virus?

Comodo scans turn up empty
>>
If I buy a laptop today would it be safe to store unopened in my shed until Xmas eve? Southern UK and shed was recently waterproofed btw
>>
Used Ipad 3 for 150€ or a new Android tablet for 150€
>>
>>51896011
>Tormented a video last night

You monster, what did the video do to you?
>>
>>51896011
>how do I find out if it's actually the video but not carrying a virus?

Make sure its format isn't .avi.exe?
>>
Ok /G/ents you have never fail me so i ask of your advice today.

im gonna be buying a new monitor for the holidays and i cant decide between the two.
mind you they are the same price so ignore the fact that one is refurbished.I will clearly be buying this brand new. both are 4k and can do 1080p at 120hz native. while the first one needs to be overclocked to do 120hz but second one is 120hz out of the box. so which one is better and why?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4JH2YW2900&cm_re=uhd420-_-9SIA4JH2YW2900-_-Product

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=16E-001U-00045&cm_re=vizio_p-_-16E-001U-00045-_-Product
>>
>>51896145

Got into the file properties to see if it was either .exe and .avi, its not, am i safe anon?
>>
>>51895188
>>51895188
>>51895188
Anyone? Just an idea of companies to go for/avoid would be fine.

>>51896044
South-West here, we've seen moderate rain on average, nowhere near flooding, and I live in a coastal town. As long as your shed doesn't have a stream running through it it should be fine.
>>
Hey /g/ what IDE should i use for Java?

inb4 dont use Java
>>
>>51896044
As long as it doesn't get below freezing in there, you should be fine. Even if it dips below freezing it will probably be fine because it's in a box and has multiple layers of insulation (shed, box, etc). If it does have an issue though, it would not be unreasonable to take it back to the store and get an exchange.
>>
>>51896335
Eclipse
>>
>>51896367
Thanks you.
>>
I received an old laptop from a family member, on it, it has MSE. Every time I start it up, the notification will appear saying that it is cleaning threats, then it will say need to go download offline, then say to finish I have to restart the computer. When I restart the computer, same thing, happens over and over. Is there a fix or an alternative?
>>
>>51896011
>Tormented
Some people are just cruel, maybe comodo felt bad and wanted to protect it from you.
>>
>>51890641
if i want to make an android/ios app should i know all the arguments in whatever language i'm developing in ?
say i want it to print something and i don't know printf exists, should i lookup somewhere to find which command prints stuff on the screen ?
how do programmers know which argument/verb (printf, scanf, stio.out...) to use for their command where do you learn these words and what they do ?
>>
File: 3429621fef55a12f91a8e6cffc4b78cd.jpg (158 KB, 1000x1262) Image search: [Google]
3429621fef55a12f91a8e6cffc4b78cd.jpg
158 KB, 1000x1262
Why does 7zip hide the contents of the folder inside a second folder when you choose to zip it up? Is there a way to make it stop doing this?
>>
>>51896387
It'll take less time to wipe it and reinstall windows (and the drivers and so on) from scratch than it will to troubleshoot why it's doing this. Especially if it's actually indicative of malware.
>>
>>51896445
No.

Or you can zip all the contents directly instead of putting them in a folder and zipping the folder.
>>
>>51896495
That helped. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>51896449
Thank you for responding.
Another stupid question: how do I do that?

I honestly don't know much about these things.
>>
>>51896524
1. download windows installer dvd image
2. burn to dvd
(alternatively, buy a windows installer dvd)
3. jam it in
4. turn it on
5. follow the steps, namely,
5.1. at the screen that shows the disk partition(s), select each partition and click delete, until there's nothing but a single "unallocated" entry left, then click next (setup will make new partitions automatically if nothing exists/is selected)
6. once it's done, go to the laptop manufacturers' website, under the support/drivers section, find your model by the model number typically on the screen bezel or underside sticker, and download/install all listed drivers for the version of windows you installed
>>
>>51896594
Ok, Thank you very much.
>>
do you have some nice double screen wallpapers, /wg/ doesnt have a thread and i dont really want to open there one, i'm pretty sure that many gentlemens here have use two monitors

my monitors arent on the same height, so i would be happy about wallpapers that are somehow divided
thanks
>>
>>51896626
np, the rest of the windows setup steps should be self-explanatory, it's all fancy and graphical (that is, it looks and functions similar to installing any windows program, which you are no doubt already familiar with), at least for vista and above
defaults for everything will work, only the disk portion may be confusing, which is why i outlined it
>>
>>51896626
HOLD THE FUCK UP

Make sure you also download your computers network or lan driver before you remove windows. Most times you won't be able to have internet after the install, and if you can at least get the network driver working then you can download and update everything else.
>>
spent a week in budapest. Used a ton of different wifi hotspots. Should I be changing my passwords now that I got home?
>>
>>51896689
this is only a consideration if you only have one computer
>>
What do i need to know if i want to get into internet security? Is there any specific language or programs for that? Do i need to learn how to hack stuff?
>>
>>51896740
Why not? It is recommended to change passwords anyway every now and then.
>>
Is a pentium IV 2,4 GHz PC worth 35€ ? I want it mostly for emulation.
>>
I'm buying a Dell XPS 13
Is Skylake worth the cost over Broadwell?
I'll be using it for web browsing, documents and some light gaming on the go.
I'll be using the i5 with the 1920x1080p screen.
>>
>>51896825
depends on the gpu and other goodies, but if the gpu is decent then yes.
>>
>>51896825
i'd only bother if it's got a pci-e slot

a p4 with old gpu can emulate about as much a raspberry pi 2 can, with a much higher power/size footprint

with a pci-e slot however, you can couple it with a low end but more recent gpu to run a good number of newer games
>>
File: 14489349872010.jpg (20 KB, 200x191) Image search: [Google]
14489349872010.jpg
20 KB, 200x191
Ok, so I have a folder specifically dedicated for pictures and other media. Previously, I recall having about 8k+ objects (including webms and other stuff). However, now I only see 7,541 items in the folder. I might be wrong and my memory could fail me but is there a way to see a history of the folder? Any other options? I've already checked the health status in CrystalDiskInfo and it's "Good". Tried using Recuva for file recovery and it only found a couple of deleted files. Odds are I am completely wrong and the number of files is correct.

Also, I've sorted that picture folder by date so that the newest files are at the top while the oldest are at the bottom. But when I look through that pictures folder, I sometimes see relatively new files at the bottom. Any ideas about it?

My HDD is WD Blue 1tb WD10EZEX. OS: Win 8.1 64 bit.
>>
File: LS-T10-insideLG.jpg (622 KB, 2000x831) Image search: [Google]
LS-T10-insideLG.jpg
622 KB, 2000x831
I'm in dire need for some quality sound, to make a long story short I've concluded that a Soundplate would be the perfect option considering its size and I've taken a peek at a shitload of these plates.

These are my final choices.

Sony HT-XT1 - 219 Euros.

And the

Philips HTL5130 - 229 Euros.

Anyone tech savvy around who has some experience with these things?

In terms of connections and functionality they're both ideal.

Also pic related, the one I wanted to order in the first place but the order fucked up.

And eh, that one isn't that good for music anyway.
>>
Since I got my SSD (over 6 months ago) I've been using it to store my Arch setup and also swap. Did I fuck up? How badly?
>>
I just got a NZXT case and the NZXT logo is supposed to light up, there are 2 Power LED pins, one is positive, one is negative. Where the fuck do they go on my mobo? Tried almost every
possibility.
>>
File: front-panel-headers.jpg (50 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
front-panel-headers.jpg
50 KB, 560x420
>>51897018
the power LED header pins
>>
>>51890690
I have a very similiar PC and I play GTAIV with no problems. Check the task manager while running the game, see if there's something else taking over your PC's resources.

It's prolly a ricing-related issue. I'll never understand why you silly kids do that.
>>
>>51897045
Exact same mobo, and exact same pin setup. Guess it's the LED. Thanks though.
>>
>>51891729
Thinkpad x1 Carbon is the succesor of everything nice.
>>
>>51892100
Hell no. Get a FM2 platform, way faster for the same cash.
>>
>>51897007
You multiplied the amount of R/W operations beyond necessary. You reduced the lifespan of your SSD, that's already short to begin with.
>>
>>51890641
I keep on hearing the phrase "encrypt your home directory", what does this actually mean? And how do I do it? Is it possible for non-Linux systems?
>>
Do good podcast managers exist on Windows?
>>
File: upgrade.png (16 KB, 1136x185) Image search: [Google]
upgrade.png
16 KB, 1136x185
Do I go for it or do I wait for Broadwell-E?
>>
>>51897271
it works on all unix like OS. (meaning pretty much everything other than windows)
how about dual-booting?
>>
>>51897271
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Encryption
>>
>>51896776
why?
>>
>>51896828
answer pls
>>
I use a rampage V motherboard using two gtx 970 and I have 3 monitors now I want to hook up my 2 gpus for sli but Everytime I set it up it does noes not say I am using sli. Can anyone help me set up my sli for my desktop?
>>
I'm trying to get some files from my old dead laptops hard drive onto my new PC, problem being the laptop is probably infested with numerous viruses. Just wondering how to safely go about and scan it, what kind of safety precautions are necessary or if I have to "quarantine" it or something.
>>
I just bought a H170 ASUS mainboard. Bad decision

Now that manufacturers have figured out a way to overclock locked processor, should I send the H170 board back and get a Z170 one instead?
>>
>>51897636
>Bad decision?
fixed
>>
Bought a samsung 850 evo 250gb to use as a boot drive for $78 on sale. How'd I do?
>>
I currently running Ubuntu but I want to get to the next step and install Arch.

During, the install, I can't connect to the internet.
On my real machine, during the install
#ip link
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP (...)
2: eno1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> (...)
3: wlp3s0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> (...)

I successfully installed arch in a virtrual machine. Running the same command gives back :
#ip link
2: enp0s3: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> (...)

Finally, on my current Ubuntu setup :
#ip link
2: eth0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> (...)
3: wlan0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> (...)

Do someone have an idea why the Arch installation is the only one to suffer from unreachable network?
>>
What graphics card should I buy to play Dirt: Rally at 4k with everything on.

Already have 8GB Ram, FX 8350
>>
>>51897691
lol what?

Even in Europe you can get them for 70€. Expected the prices to be a lot lower in the US.
>>
>>51897723
>everything on
everything you can afford. it's pretty heavy. maybe even get a better CPU.
>>
>>51897723
980ti sli
>>
>>51897748
>>51897751

Thanks, I was afraid of this.
>>
File: qefwsfw3t3rgwgwff.png (8 KB, 516x105) Image search: [Google]
qefwsfw3t3rgwgwff.png
8 KB, 516x105
>>51897724
>>
>>51897812
I'm aware. Hardware is still a lot cheaper in the US.
>>
What are the odds of Kaby Lake having thicker CPUs than Skylake?
>>
>>51890641
I am building a gayming machine for a friend on the cheep.
I have a old I7 950 from my old rig that i can overclock to 4 GHz no problems
would it be sufficient modern games these days?
>>
>>51897893
>budget
>target games
>target resolution
>target settings
>>
>>51897942
£400
1920x1080
Decent Settings

I have the I7950, decent motherboard, and ram

just need to find a GPU, psu, and some SSD for him in the price range he wants
>>
>>51897853
sale prices don't include tax, so add 20% if you see something in dollars.
>>
>>51897998
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/100?vs=698
it's an okay CPU, i would go with a r9 380 or 380x.
>>
>>51898051
allright cheers mate
>>
Is there an IRC channel that a lot of /g/ hangs out in?
>>
>>51898106
Also interested in this. Most times I get no replies to my questions.
>>
>>51898106
>Is there an IRC channel that a lot of /g/ hangs out in?
there is some telegram group and some irc on freenode nobody uses. also the desktop thread faggots have an irc.
>>
I need a very specific audio clean-up program (izotope RX) but am on a network where one of the flatmates in the apartment seems to monitor traffic for all connected computers (or at least has the router set up to not show up for any wifi devices and requires registering the computer to access the router).
Is there any other way to get said program? I'd imagine it might be on Mega, though my searches so far have brought up nothing.
>>
>>51898201
what's the desktop thread irc?
>>
>>51898288
irc://irc.freenode.org:pretentious_hipster_elitist_circlejerk
>>
>>51898327
DUDE! Thanks so much XD
8===D~~~
>>
Is it true that IPS monitors have terrible contrast ratios?
>>
Whenever I open my Downloads folder I get a dll host process that immediately goes to 25% cpu (on a quadcore system). Sometimes it's a svchost, sometimes the explorer itself goes to 25% immediately. What causes this?
>>
So I notice I need to up the cpu voltage higher than I see in most guides in order to gain a stable overclock.

Is it just bad cpu RNG or is it my motherboard?
>>
>>51898551
regenerating caches? it's probably indexing something. disable it. or switch to a non-retarded file manager.
>>
>>51898551
have a look at these:
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/3291-explorer-exe-50-cpu-usage.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/185413-explorer-exe-high-cpu-usage-tried-everything-i-can-think.html
>>
Out of the blue Firefox refuses to start and presented "Firefox profile cannot be loaded.It is missing or inaccessible".
I checked .mozilla and the profile is there and the profiles.ini specifies the profile as default.
I've tried
firefox -P
firefox -p /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/<profile>
And the profilemanager would not start,and it reported the same error specifying the full path to the profile.
As well as renaming .mozilla,and starting firefox again to generate a new profile.
Additionally derivatives of firefox (icecat,iceweasel,palemoon) all report the same issue.
I've checked the permissions/ownership and nothing is off
>>
what's the difference between usb 3.1 gen 1 and usb 3.1 gen2 ports on a mobo
>>
>>51897890

Bout tree fiddy
>>
this may sound fucking stupid but pls help
i plan on building my first pc, the case i want to get has 2 x usb 2.0 and 2 x usb 3.0
the motherboard has the same amount of ports but does that mean the case will use the usb ports on the motherboard or should this add up to a total of 8 usb ports?
>>
>>51898946
Chek the IO panel of the motherboard.
Normally you have wired ones on the back.And a port on the bottom of the motherboard that lets you use a front panel.
>>
File: fDnN3bXJERc4.1200x630.UjabWTf0.jpg (52 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
fDnN3bXJERc4.1200x630.UjabWTf0.jpg
52 KB, 1200x630
Which of these should I buy? I basically play normal games like Warframe/Fallout 4/CS:Go etc and my laptop is just not cutting it anymore.

>Tldr: Which of these specs is better?

1.) AMD 6-core Processor 2.7 ghz

8 gb Crucial Ballistix Ram

GeForce 550 TI Superclocked

Asus M5 A99x Motherboard

2 TB Hard Drive

850 W Power supply

ThermalTake case

DVD drive

2.) 8 Gb Kingston DDR3 1600 Ram

600 W. Power supply

120 Gb. Solid State Drive plus second drive,

500 Gb HHD.

LG DVD/RW. USB3. SATA 3(6Gb/sec)
>>
>>51898998
Get a 750 ti.
>>
>>51898659
Working through the folder now, sorting all files
Jesus christ, it's a lot
Hope it'll work, thanks in any case
>>
>>51899021
My budget is around 500-600 dollars, could I get a decent build with the 750ti for around that?
>>
>>51898995
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170-A/specifications/
don't really know where to look
>>
>>51898659
Actually, the contents of the download folder have now seized to show up at all
Guess it's time for a wipe soon
>>
i have this graphics issue on antergos
how to fix? do i need to change window manager or can i fix it somehow to work under openbox?
>>
>>51898998
logicalincrements.com
the sticky is there for a reason
>>51899139
install a proper OS if you give up on windows.
>>
I have an android phone that I want to sell.

How can I back up EVERYTHING? from a little text to downloaded things to app data, just everything.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.