[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else into Synths? General Synth discussion. I just ordered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: asdfasdf.jpg (129 KB, 1200x626) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.jpg
129 KB, 1200x626
Anyone else into Synths? General Synth discussion.

I just ordered a Moog Mother-32 as the frist piece in my soon-to-be euro rack.

I also have an Arturia Minibrute (out of commission atm) and a Korg volca keys and bass.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>51888449
Hell yeah mofugga.

That Moog looks like a lot of fun and a lot of bang vs buck.

How'd you break the minibrute?
>>
File: Fallout-4-Synth.jpg (100 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
Fallout-4-Synth.jpg
100 KB, 950x534
Yeah, synths are pretty great.
>>
>>51889305
I nabbed it off craigslist and took it on the train (~5hrs). Since then the sustain never goes down and if you take it down it won't come back. It's something with the amp and/or filter envelope. Everything else works.

Yeah, was super excited about the moog but I'm going to have to wait a bit as they're sold out till January):
>>
Hardware synths are a meme
>>
>>51889305
What are you working on there?

Also, any tips as to how to get into synth repair? I've done a lot with computer hardware but haven't used a sautering gun before
>>
>>51889635

Ew, gross, is that what Nick looks like if you make him change clothes?

Euuuuugh.

I'm back to piper. Too bad the Gunner harness makes her ass look fat.
>>
File: 168345.jpg (201 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
168345.jpg
201 KB, 800x600
Have one of these to use with FL studio
>>
>>51889879
Digital hardware synths are a meme. Analog is a whole new sonic world
>>
>>51889896
how is it? Thinking of picking one up but I produce very very little.
>>
>>51889918
Only shitheads use controllers.
>>
>>51889881
Minimoog model D. Replaced the old frayed power cable.

>tips
Read lots of texts/pdfs on semiconductors and ICs
Get a breadboard and some kits
Browse /diy/
????
Profit!
>>
>>51889935
it has a keyboard stupid. Are the keys 2small?
>>
File: drcawkz.gif (1003 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
drcawkz.gif
1003 KB, 220x220
>>51889901
>Spending extra money to produce music that doesn't make that much money
>Not paying another producer to make your hits for you
>>
>>51889938
Nice.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the advice! Got my first synth about a year ago and there's no going back!
>>
>>51889896
Have the old model. Thought the keys were too mushy, and the knobs were functionally useless due to the shape. Pads were fine.

Looks like they fixed the knobs though
>>
>>51889970
I make music to cope with my meaningless existence, not to make money.
>>
File: jd-xi_angle_gal.jpg (203 KB, 1680x968) Image search: [Google]
jd-xi_angle_gal.jpg
203 KB, 1680x968
Is the Roland JD-Xi good value for the money?

Or should I just rely on vsts on-the-go and get the JD-XA as a luxury item later on?
>>
>>51890180
It's not a bad synth, but the analog section leaves a bit to be desired compared to the more fleshed out digital section. Good for rhythm stuff though.
>>
>>51889990

Keys are still mushy, but the software is better. Pads have a different channel now, they fixed the USB connector, and pads are more responsive.
>>
>>51889883
Piper acts like a fuckwit when you first meet her so I tried to kill her pretty early

I usually just go around by myself
>>
File: 23132.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
23132.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
>>51889896
Would that work on Rock Band 3? Looks cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKFv68Zw0A
>>
>>51890534

Probably, it's classed as a generic USB peripheral and doesn't require drivers. It can be used with iPads with just a powered hub.
>>
How would I start making one of these?

What is the block brake up for the synths?
I like circuits.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.