[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
Mobile app ideas anyone?
>>
grindr
>>
how about an app that plays noises of airflow through a rosetta at a specific event, based on touches?
>>
>>51886585
An app where you can find people to fight against around you like Tinder for sex.
>>
File: rumblr9n-1-web.jpg (125 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
rumblr9n-1-web.jpg
125 KB, 1200x630
>>51887071
http://app.getrumblr.com/
>>
an app that
>>
AmIRacist?
Speak a phrase, it analyses it and tells you if it's racist or not
>>
>>51887113
Wow, someone actually built it
>>
inb4 boner app copypasta
>>
>>51886585

Find an expensive and highly specific business program like something for medical use or construction/design. Make it mobile, or a mobile version with compatibility/similarity. Sell idea to the company with royalties for 6+ digits, despite having just basically ported and re-gui'd their shit.
Enjoy.
>>
>>51887189
They'll probably just toss a cease and desist letter your way and develop it in house.
>>
push button
receive bacon

Orteil might be pissed, but whatever
>>
>>51887159
>coded so high pitched white voices are always racist
>>
Fingerprint mood reader

it reads like a horoscope so it's never wrong
>>
>>51887113
They stole my idea. I should take them to court.
>>
>>51887219
It's kinda sad that this is the truth
>>
File: wat.gif (457 KB, 223x214) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
457 KB, 223x214
>>51887219
>>
>>51887245
>EULA allows collection of fingerprints and other personally identifiable data
>acquire massive database of personal data tied to user's fingerprints

Hmm, the database would probably be worth a lot of money to the right buyer.
>>
>>51887219

If you have to make a mobile version of their software for them, they were never going to develop it in-house. They either cannot, or are too lazy/content with the money they make.
The sheer amount of companies that just manage software they know absolutely nothing about is astounding.

VistA CPRS is a piece of software made by/for the VA basically in the 70's. Completely open source and free for use today, hospitals/medical groups pay millions to have some business group setup some servers and teach them how to use it, when the business group themselves know precisely dick about VistA itself, and wouldn't even know where to begin when it came to hiring someone to tend to multiple pascal-based server instances across the world.
If you came out with a reasonable iPad/Android based app that linked to a VistA install at a hospital seemlessly, and sold it to one of these business groups, you could make stupid amounts of money off the ignorance of others. It wouldn't even be hard. You're just adding a GUI to a VT100-emulation terminal.
>>
>>51886585
People who take coumidin or warfarin have to constantly get their INR checked. After the check a nurse must call the person and advise them on how much of the blood thinnger they need to take for the next few days before their next test. How about an app that the nurse can put in their test results and tell the patient how much to take the next few days eliminating the need for a call.
>>
Make an app that takes stealth pictures at random interval and uploads them on a blog somewhere, then install it on your phone and "forget" it in a crowded area.

>let's change nothing and run it again
not
>let's run sudo nuke_every_fucking_cache.sh and run it again
>>
An app to share app ideas. Every month the idea with the most votes gets developed by a team of female developers in bikinis. Its a pay per view 48 hour event.
>>
>>51887465
hack a thong
>>
>>51886585
parametric eq for android
>>
>>51887465
>>51887473
guys, this is a million dollar youtube show if someone makes it

I'm watching it everyday for sure
>>
>>51887113
oh my god
>>
>>51887564
It's from a previous /g/ thread IIRC, exactly how it went here. Someone gave the idea, someone else made it, but it isn't a thing as far as I know.

it's a
>meet-and-beat app
>chuckles at the genius
>>
>>51886585
How about this.
It's a mini game.
With pay to win.
And micro payments.
But if someone actually clicks the micro payment buy option, it doesn't buy anything.
It wipes all your files and ignites your lithium battery when you put your phone back in your pocket.
>>
>>51887644
You'd probably go to jail if you made an app like that.
>>
>>51887658
I'm pretty sure the jury would let me off.

Stupid people sometimes need to be reminded of Darwinism.
>>
>>51887658
>probably
>>
>>51887358
I know Android lets any app access the fingerprint scanner, but does iOS?
>>
>>51887720
Wow wow wow. Wait what?
Do you get like an id number, or a hash of the fingerprint...?

Or can you get, like, the actual jpg of the fingerprint???
>>
>>51887753
I'm not really sure how it works, I just remember hearing about it in the last Google I/O keynote

http://developer.android.com/about/versions/marshmallow/android-6.0.html#fingerprint-authentication
>>
>>51887319

> idea
> court

hmmmmm. might want to brush up on IP law.
>>
>>51887859
Ok... it /looks/ like the api will just take care of everything for you... hope it's 100% client-side and they don't upload the raw fingerprints somewhere.
What a stupid fucking feature.
>>
>>51886585
An app that produces app ideas.
>>
>>51887944
App with one button.
Press button, app automatically:
1. generates random text a la lorem ipsum
2. files it in a patent application
3. files infringement lawsuits against Kickstarter projects funded in the last month
>>
File: planewalkerscorn.jpg (53 KB, 640x516) Image search: [Google]
planewalkerscorn.jpg
53 KB, 640x516
>>51886585
Make an app that will schedule my day based on listed tasks.
>>
>>51888023
Coming up with apps to make is the easy and unimportant part. Everybody knows success is all in the name; coming up with a name is the hardest part of app development.
>>
>>51888063
Hell, I'd use it a couple of times at least.
>>
>>51888063
App that examines the games on your device and schedules alerts for the optimal times to play each to receive any time based rewards and bonuses.
>>
>>51887159
public bool isRacist(Voice voice)
{
if(voice.getPhrase() != null)
{
return true;
}
return false;
}
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.