[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/ Is there any reason at all to get Intel CPU instead of AMD?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: AMD-P4-640x353.jpg (46 KB, 640x353) Image search: [Google]
AMD-P4-640x353.jpg
46 KB, 640x353
Hey /g/

Is there any reason at all to get Intel CPU instead of AMD?
>>
you are poor.
you like freedum
you need an apu
>>
File: airflow.png (649 KB, 910x607) Image search: [Google]
airflow.png
649 KB, 910x607
You want a system that will just work and do basic shit for cheap? Get AMD

You want a system for productivity and gaming? Get Intel
>>
performance
>>
isn't intel better optimized for gaming than AMD?

regardless of any corporate tampering with vidya bullshit, you will still run shit better under intel and nvidia than AMD.
>>
>>51887631
Generally yes, they have a more advanced process node, higher IPC, etc
>>
>>51886108
Literally all of them unless you're part of the .001% of the market that actually needs a gazillion cores but can't cough up the ten grand for Xeons.
>>
>gaming
>not in the category of basic shit
>>
If you interested in building a Hackintosh setup like I have that's one case where having an Intel CPU is absolutely necessary.
>>
General performance
>>
>>51886108
can we go back to P4 comfy days? ;_;
>>
>>51886108
I'm a poorfag, so I bought amd
Intels are expensive and consume more power
>>
I got AMD because i like cores i like that fact i can use the same motherboard for a few years with a newer CPU.

there is so many intel shills here so sad.

also intel machines often run hot even hotter than AMD just look at speccy threads its just proof
>>51889085
P4's where shit
t. someone who had a high range p4 with HT
>>
>>51890486
nigga i played crysis 2 on a p4 with ht and a hd 5850.

ran like shit though
>>
>>51890539
I had the same gpu as well but all my aa titles just failed hard i used to get flickering black screens on my EA Titles it was so horriable that when the athlon 2 came along i just got it.

I admit on the laptops of that time p4's where great for the laptop.
>>
I buy AMD so I can threaten Intel to make better CPUs; I do the opposite a few years down the line.
>>
>>51886108 AMD is a better choice for performance per dollar but Intel makes the superior cpu if you have the coin.
>>
>>51890486
>i can use the same motherboard for a few years with a newer CPU.

This is pretty nice. I put together a system with a Biostar mobo back in, I dunno, 2007 or something, upgraded in 2009, kept upgrading to a 965 black, then finally switched to a 990FX motherboard for the 8350.

Also, there's no dickery with AMD. You get what you get. With Intel, they're always binning and creating "new market opportunities" by doing things like disabling VT-x on one arbitrarily numbered chip in their lineup.
>>
>>51886108
Yes. Do you work at Intel by chance? I like the Intel CPUs for memory bandwidth. Good for EM simulations.
>>
Literally the only reason I got a g3258 is because I need good emulation for really cheap. My g3258 beats the shit out of my old fx6300. If AMD were to finally release a line of cpus that were actually good with single threaded shit, I would seriously consider getting one.
>>
>>51886108
I bought a Intel Nvidia build a couple of months ago. I regret it since Intel and Nvidia seems to be all about fucking with the customer, next time i'll go full AMD, fuck the 10% performance decrease and extra fans
>>
>>51890652
show me your kiwi benis :^)
>>
>>51891920
PM:d you on Myspace
>>
After experiencing a shitheap HT P4 in 2005, I switched to AMD exclusively because I couldn't believe I saved-up for an upgrade that useless, same deal with the shitheap VIA board it housed, so I went AMD/nForce, then just AMD when nForce stopped being a thing, from a 64 X2 to an 1100t

I only just recently dumped that 1100t I've been using since 2010 because I found a cheap 4770 during the rush to Skylake, and shit's night and day
>>
I have never purchased an Intel processor before.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.