[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since when in the hell was this more user friendly than a fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20151215_091245.jpg (2 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151215_091245.jpg
2 MB, 4160x3120
Since when in the hell was this more user friendly than a fucking progress bar?

>I have no idea how long this is going to take.
>I was not advised there would be an update. (Forgot to turn those auto updates off)
>I can think of a million situations where this info would be critical
>Didn't even check for a proper power source and would have updated itself to death.

What the fuck happened to user experience? Even Normie's aren't this retarded so I don't get why they're heavy handidly patting me on the head and telling me "its gonna be okay, daddy's updating. Go play with your toys in your room for a bit".
>>
>>51877451
>he actually uses win10
>he actually think win10 isn't the one using him
>>
>>51877464
I wouldn't use it if I had the choice. I use arch in my free time.
>>
>>51877451

Since windows 8 launched and had fucking smiley face as bluuescreen instead of the actual error which you could search online and find out a solution or simpy figure it out by yourself.
>>
File: 123.png (157 KB, 1057x2304) Image search: [Google]
123.png
157 KB, 1057x2304
>>51877451
>>51878044

I assume it was designed for xD -tier retards
>>
T410 brofist

I agree though, but it doesn't matter because Win 10 kicks ass
>>
>>51877451
>tn panels
>>
>>51877451
>I have no idea how long this is going to take.

With the old progress indicator you had no idea either.
Could take 2 seconds to install 20/21, could take 10 minutes.

It was just some animating numbers to keep you busy.
>>
>>51878128
>faggot
>>
>>51877451
your fault for using Windblows
>>
>T410

Mein negger
>>
>>51878130
That's true but you can make much better estimates than the old progressbar. What they've done now is coat shit in honey.
>>
>51877451
>Didn't even check for a proper power source and would have updated itself to death.
>I can think of a million situations where this info would be critical.

Like the situation in which you are you too retarded to plug your laptop in an OS installation even though it prompts you to?

This is a non issue if you are not a total pleb and you have an SSD. The update lasted 10 minutes on my t520.
>>
>>51878831
>Pointing out a design flaw
>"It's fine if you're not a poorfag but still takes ten minutes :^)"
>>
>>51877451
>reset pc literally takes 5 hours
>upgrade from 7 takes 3 hours
>download over shitty net takes 4 hours

What the fuck is nonsense? A full upgrade plus clean install takes an entire day.
>>
>>51878850
You guys are so autistic and jobless that you are literally bothered when Microsoft removes a graph that never worked properly. Also, since it also checks for and installs updates such a graph would be useless.
>>
>>51878965
its not about the graph, its about sending the right message

first time I upgraded it was stuck at 99% for 7 hours and if I had not extensively checked on this crap I would have aborted the installation prematurely.

Come to think of it, that would have saved me so much heartache and I would be on 7 today.

Fuck me in the ass.
>>
>all these T410 niggas

nice.
>>
>>51878130
Shit is better than diarrhea
>>
>>51878044
Not really man, it is more user friendly and literally tells you to google the error that is show.

Old school BSoD was a bunch of useless text like
"YOUR PC HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE DUE TO SOME FAULTY COMPONENT GLX_DRIVER_FUCK_YOU IF THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED THIS ERROR YOU SHOULD DO THIS USELESS SHIT THAT NOBODY WILL BLA BLA BLA"

The new ones is more like
): Your PC has some error

You should search google for this error: GLX_DRIVERS_FUCK YOU
>>
>>51880518

Yeah, but when I see something like
nv*something*.sys has crashed
I know it's because of NVidia's driver and possibly due to a change that I've done recently so I can boot in safe mode and revert it without any online search whatsoever.
>>
try Vector Linux instead.
The installer has Galaga and Tetris while you wait
>>
>>51877451
i promise you this, its for the dumb people

they actually think it works faster than no progress bar at all

much like how people would argue a watched pot doesn't boil.

Lots of people even facebook has done A/B testing on this.

custom spinner = slow app
default spinner = slow phone
no spinner = faster phone

Some guys app got negative reviews after he added spinners to tell users shit was going on, the kicker was his benchmarks proved the app to be 20% faster (because other app updates)

So he fucking changed the new actually faster one with the older literally slower but no spinner one.

Comments instantly changed talking about how much faster the new new update is.

blame fucking normies for microsoft removing the progress bar
>>
>>51878879
you do realize you don't need to manually use Fdisk and to create a bootfloopy right?

clean install to windows 10 took me less than an 2 hours including download.
>>
>>51877451
>(Forgot to turn those auto updates off)
Can you even turn those off in 10?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.