[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bored. Can we have a thread about smartphone users in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: 01_15_2015.png (2 MB, 1024x766) Image search: [Google]
01_15_2015.png
2 MB, 1024x766
I'm bored. Can we have a thread about smartphone users in your home country? I

I'm from Hong Kong, and most people here are currently using LG V10/G4 or iPhone 6S Plus (or 6 Plus). Chinese people are very materialistic and always want the latest and greatest as it's a symol of wealth/status symbol, so they "recycle phones" (resell and buy) every 6 months to get the latest flagship.

For the past 2 - 3 years, the market is split between Samsung or Apple. Now it's mostly iPhones and LG phones, but there's still many people using Samsung Note series, specifically the note 4.

I go to Singapore a lot I'd say it's split between Samsung, iPhone... Samsung marketing is very strong in Singapore. I remember them having a "media booth" in the street of Orchard Road (main shopping district) and some guy would literally talk about the Note 5. It's loud enough you could hear it 2 - 3 blocks down the road.. kinda annoying.

In Japan which I went to beginning of 2015, literally everyone had an iPhone or a regular flip phones (not android). Most people using iPhone were playing games on them...

Pic is Japan.
>>
>>51856465
iPhone (normal people) or Samsung Galaxy S (Edgy people who think they're the greatest person who ever lived because they've got an extra TWO CORES over the iPhone)
Every other phone if you're a poorfag.
>>
Dutchfag
Samsung is popular but highly disliked as a company
Sony and HTC share the rest of the Android market with a few Huawei here and there
iPhone is popular but probably less then half of the smartphone market
>>
UK here, there are quite a few around but Samsung and iPhone are most popular by far. I don't know if Samsung have set up something with the carriers here but they all seem to push Samsung phones over the iPhone whenever I go in the shop
>>
>>51856658
UKfag here as well, almost everyone uses iPhones here. Poorfags get Samsungs, and a very small minority gets Sonys, HTCs or LG phones.

After all here iPhones have a bigger market share than even in the US.
>>
>>51856639
Oh to append nexus phones and the OPO are actually pretty common here but I don't know any sales data
>>
>>51856465
Didn't expect to see a Hongkonger here. China/Taiwan/Hongkong seem to exist in their own world on the internet due to language and cultural barriers.
>>
Germany: mostly Apple and Samsung here, very rarely HTC and LG and such
>>
>>51856465
Norway here.

Majority still on Apple devices. The iPhone6 got big really quickly, but there's still some people using 5.

Samsung is a clear second on the phone market, followed by a very rapidly expanding Sony.

One of Norway's most influential tech sites gave the Xperia Z5 a 10/10, and they're marketing the hell out of it, so I expect to see more Sony devices through 2016.

A lot of normies seem to think that Apple or Samsung are the only options.
>>
>>51856682
>After all here iPhones have a bigger market share than even in the US.
Interesting, didn't know about it. I'm not surprised tho, literally all of my friends (including me) have iPhones, it's rather rare too see a different smartphone nowadays. I'm also pretty sure that over here iPhone is a poorfag phone regardless, I mean every fucking chav has it as well.
>>
Hong konger in Silicon Valley here

I see bunch of people using iPhones.
Poor college fags like me usually use budget phone like OPO or some older android flagship
>>
I work in IT at a University in Holland.

I see mostly iPhones, and lots of androids, i'd say about an 60-40 split.

Is this because iPhone users are more prone to ask for help? I don't know.

Most iPhones have cracked screens btw
>>
Myself and all my friends have Android devices. A few of the girls we know use Android but most have an iPhone with (usually) a smashed screen.

Why do girls not know how to take care of their possessions? Also the iPhone really is poorfag sheep normie tier.
>>
>>51856928
It's very hard for their tiny brains to read and understand the eduroam wifi guide for iphones
>>
>>51857023
While this is true, it would be a lot easier if iPhones had open wifi settings like android has.
We now use a .mobileconfig file to setup basic PEAP-MsCHAPv2 or TTLS-PAP authentication.

Android just has dropdownboxes for this.
>>
>>51857023
Eduroam randomly quarantines my phone
Toggling WiFi fixed this though
>>
>>51856465
Estonia here

60% iPhones, 30% consists of various Android devices and about 10% Nokia. iPhone isn't really considered as a richfag device, it's bought for its looks and makreting and are mostly owned by women. I own Z5 and haven't seen anyone with it.
>>
U.S.
It's a split between Samsung and Apple, with the occasional LG, HTC, etc.
Almost everyone I know either has some kind of Galaxy or iPhone and the only one of my friends who doesn't have either has an LG G4.
It's because most of the people I know are on their family's carrier plans so they just get whatever phones their carriers offer which are primarily Samsung and Apple phones. This seems to be the case for most people in the U.S.
But I've been going with the Nexus line.
>>
Australia

Poorfags use Samsung GS3 and iPhone 4S or earlier both with smashed screens
Normies use Samsung GS5 and iPhone 6 and newer with shitty cases.

iPhones sell because it's Apple, and it's the most pleasant to use.
Samsungs sell because carriers and stores push the fuck out of it because of the retailer profit margins.
>>
Canadafag here

It's either fuckhuge Samsungs or iPhones around here. Very rarely I see someone with a budget LG phone.
>>
>tfw clapistan
>all the cool flip/slide phone options that asian and certain european countries get arent even easily available online
>no LG Wine smart
>none of Sharp's kickass phones like the SH-06G or even the crystal
>just the usual glass slabs or maybe a $800 glass slab with an awful disproportionate keyboard
>>
>>51856465
Austria here.
Lots of Motorola and surprisingly a lot of Nexus devices. also OnePlus and Samsung and some Appleplebs.
>>
In Flipland, Applel, Samshit, and chinkshit (mostly locally-branded) dominate the smartphone market.
>>
>>51856701
yep. most local HK people go on Golden (basically a local version of reddit) or the international crowd goes on Reddit. I've seen a few HKers on /trv/ before.
>>
India here.
A lot have an iPhone or a flagship Android in the city where I live. Good thing is that there's no flak or fanboyism between apple and Samsung here and shit like you see on the Internet. Almost everyone also has a cheap old keypad cell as a backup. I think the plastic keypad phones are more prominent with the town people and villages. There's also a good resurgence of local phone manufactures over the recent years like micromax, etc and also the Chinese xiomi's.
>>
>>51857991
Hey golden brother here
>>
Korea
Either Apple, Samsung, LG, or Pantech.
>>
Spain here

Lots of phones by different makes. Lately a brand called BQ has become popular. iPhones sell a lot but they are not dominant. Galaxy phones are pretty popular too. There is a huge percentage of people who just get whatever is offered by the phone salesman. People still get their phones through carriers, even though they are not subsidized anymore.
>>
>>51856465
Macedonia
until recently very few people had iPhones and it was status of the rich.
Now there are a lot and I mean a of work and travel programs that students use to go in America flip some burgers and with the money buy iPhone there,so even poorer people that are willing to do any job now have iPhone.Also iPhones are more popular with the girls almost every other has one.

Guys are split between high end Samsung's and LGs.Fom what ive seen only very stuck up rich guys have and use iPhones.
>>
>>51858801
>i mean a lot of*
Sorry it was a long day.
>>
Malaysia
Mostly samsung and apple.sometime oppo or huawei or some other less known brand
>>
Hungary (sorry for my english)
apple has almost half of the market share. interesting thing is iphone is the most expensive phone, but poorfags gets loans or 2-year contracts to get an iphone.
i read somewhere that iphone is most expensive in italy and hungary. here it costs 800-1000 USD.
>>
>>51858939
Italy here.
I see for the most part iPhones 4/S with smashed screens and various kinds of samsung galaxy.
I also see a rise of wiko phones, cheap and usually with > 4,5". Can't say they're very good though
>>
>>51858939
Hungary is fourth
http://bgr.com/2015/08/20/iphone-costs-country-by-country/

What's wrong with a 2 year contract? I expect a phone to be good for 2 years...
>>
Which app/filter did you use for the photo OP? Looks really cool
>>
>>51859060
The contract is set up so in the end you will pay more than the phone is worth.
>>
Lithuania
The only high-end phones I see are iPhones. Have only seen someone use S6 once, never saw note4/5, lgg4. Most people use low-end samsungs, LGs and lumias.
>>
>>51859220
I am okay with this
>white male born in a wealthy part of a wealthy country
>>
>>51859303
Than why dont you pay prepaid option at the start when you are buying the phone.
If you have the money there is absolute no need to go post paid/with contract.
>>
>>51859364
Laziness, my contract will always work, I can't be bothered upgrading my credit every month.
>>
>>51858715
>>51857991
>>51856465
>>51856701
>>51856465
Hong Konger reporting in, using the blackberry passport
>>
Someone please greentext a typical day in Hong Kong
>>
Suburban burgerland here

Mostly normies with iPhone 6/s or 5s/c with few galaxy S4/5/6 mixed in

Very few other brands... I've only seen on LG phone (it was either the v10 or g4) and one of my friends has a oneplus one

I'd say about 75% of people have iPhones and the other 15% is Android, mostly Samsung
>>
>>51862182
Other 25%**
>>
>>51858939
Other Hungarian here,
and desu this guy's right but i would like to add that Samsung is going to take over in less than 2 years.
And the reason why apple does so well is beacuse 40% of the iphones here are imported and the iphones keep their price up better than any other phone.
>>
Japan

The amount of Android phones I've seen I can probably count on one hand. If it's not a flip phone like OP said, it's an iPhone.
>>
>>51856465
>some guy would literally talk about the Note 5. It's loud enough you could hear it 2 - 3 blocks down the road

Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>51857482
Have u been training yourself to use as many memes as possible.
>>
Have you noticed that no dirty chav can afford to fix the screen though.
Samsung is utter shit. that notification whistle makes me so fucking mad. both my parents have Samsung phones, my sister has an iPhone, I have an LG phone.
>>
Ok, here we go.

Dominican Republic here.

Most people use a Samsung phone. Most of them are s3 and 4. Rich people use apple products but they are pretty useless around here due to regional limitations. I'd say that around 70% of people use android, and if it isn't a Samsung Galaxy S, then it's a very VERY low end device.

It's not that easy to know exactly because people can't use their phones on the street (at least safely). So I'd say that:

35% are iphones
35% are Samsungs
10% lg
10% huawei (all low end crap)
10% everything else (including java based phones)
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.