[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mommy is buying me a Surface Pro 2 tommorow, but the previous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: dsc08778-1382158891.jpg (61 KB, 619x411) Image search: [Google]
dsc08778-1382158891.jpg
61 KB, 619x411
Mommy is buying me a Surface Pro 2 tommorow, but the previous owner upgraded it to Windows 10.

What's the absolute first thing I should do with it?
>>
>>51853755
Install Gentoo
>>
>>51853769

/thread
>>
>>51853755
chuck it in the bin and get a proper device
>>
cum on it
>>
>>51853755
>used Surface Pro 2
Just get a Surface 3, Anon. How poor are you?
>>
>>51853755
>used Surface 2
Your mommy doesn't love you
>>
>>51853755
Make a recovery drive from ms site and get it back to win8.1. After that it's pretty much ready to use.
>>
>>51853755
Say "thank you, mommy. Why didn't you get me a Macbook Pro, you unloving bitch."
>>
>>51853946
So you mean i can download 8.1 from MS or what?
>>
throw a pissbottle in her face for not getting you a Surface Book with dGPU so you can play games
>>
>>51854098
Just a recovery file specifically for sp2 but you can pretty much install win 8.1 with it. You need to register the device I think though.
>>
reinstall a clean copy of Windows 10 and then beg for tendies with your good boy points.
>>
>>51853769
You need a USB hub or an SD card to do this btw. Just did it yesterday.
>>
Just keep your windows 10. It is full of Spyware and shit, but use it for what it is intended (gaming and some applications) and install and dual boot Linux next to it for everything else. Getting windows 8 won't help. Microsoft will force you to change at some point anyway.
>>
>>51854207
>>51853769
What in the fuck would be the point of having an OS with no touch/pen controls on a tablet?
>>
>>51853755
Recover the deleted data and see what stuff the previous owner had on there.
>>
>>51857116
you can roll gento with gnome.
>>
>>51853755
sp2? are you being punished?
>>
I am literally writing this on a Surface Pro 2 with Windows 10: Do not buy that shit. Yesterday Windows 10 suddenly started believing that the correct screen orientation was upside down and would refuse to let me lock it the other way.

It takes almost 30 seconds for it to wake up from sleep mode when you press the power button.

The touch pad constantly spazzes out and the mouse just shakes all over the screen.

Keys constantly get "stuck" so you start writing in all caps randomly or worse.

Windows 10 constantly starts this "Windows Driver Foundation" in the background that causes the entire tablet to heat up to unbearable temperatures for no reason.

You can't use this shit comfortably in any other position than sitting upright in front of a desk. Trying to use it while lying down will give you RSI.
>>
Run Photorec.
>>
Go to this website to get a anti-virus program: http://www.redtube.com/
Hope u have "fun" there.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.