[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
laptop for unifagcity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-46-11.png (120 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-21-46-11.png
120 KB, 540x960
Is a MacBook good for uni doing computer science, compiling a shit ton of lines of code? If not, what else do you recommend?

I'll definitely install gentoo of course
>>
A $600 Asus laptop crushes the new $1300 MacBook in benchmarks
>>
>>51851735
Why are you worried about the speed your code compiles? You're a student, you don't have that much to compile, it's not a fucking race.

But yeah, install gentoo.
>>
>>51851851
Okay? MacBook Pros are better.
>>
>>51851904
Hmm. Ya ur right about both parts.
>>
of course it is, are you retarded?
anything could compile the shitty 200 line projects you'll do in 7 seconds
>>
>>51851851
Ok, find me a $600 lapop, and I want no cd drives, at least 500GB, 4-8 gb ram, and around 13-14 inches. Ur eight about the benchmarks, and I didn't have the new MacBook in mind, I was thinking the ones a version or two older.
>>
>>51851735
I just used the school Servers for compiling shit. Just use vim and ssh

Otherwise get a thinkpad with Linux and Windows for .net
>>
>>51851963
Ik definitely not heting the newest MacBook if I do get one, probably one a version older
>>
>>51851988
Do it yourself, also the $600 laptop that beat the new mac book has those specs
>>
If you want everyone including the professor to make fun of you then sure. Also why spend that much on a laptop when you can get better specs for cheaper
>>
If you're going to install gentoo anyways, then don't get a macbook pro
>>
>>51851735
HP notebook with an a10 4 gbs of ram 500gb hdd and all under 400 at wallmart

litterly any think pad with at least an i5 4 gb of ran and Wang blows 100-300

and if you want to be a faggot you can get a fucking alien ware laptop with a current gen i5 and some nividia 2gb gpu so you can game your parents money away
avoid thin laptops like the plague my 2014 Mac book pros screen has cracked twice and I had to install ubutu for my class
>>
be that guy with a thinkpad and gentoo
>>
>>51851988
read the sticky faggot
>>
>>51851988
wallmart has an acer with an Intel Pentium 4 gb of ran 500 hdd and no CD drive ( why the fuck would you not want one you dumb ass) for 250
>>
Literally thinkpad
>>
>>51853963
I haven't used a cd for a PC in 5 years
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.