[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what if we started our own boot camp /g/? I always see people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: bootcamp.jpg (26 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
bootcamp.jpg
26 KB, 300x240
what if we started our own boot camp /g/?

I always see people saying they want to learn programming or have just started. Why not band together for support? Project ideas etc.

Veterans could also help so we can have /g/ level programmers.

I don't know, what do you think?
>>
>>51851617
I will help by calling you guys a bunch of faggots
>>
>>51851673
sure I was expecting some of that
>>
>>51851673
You best be joking nigger.
>>
File: girl.jpg (169 KB, 799x1200) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
169 KB, 799x1200
is no one interested in this at all /g/?!

here's some tits to lure you in
>>
>>51852060
Baitpics go into OP, OP. You expect to manage a bootcamp if you can't even get that right?

Also who's fluid barista?
>>
>>51851617
I'll make the logo
>>
File: car.jpg (14 KB, 230x329) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
14 KB, 230x329
>>51852155
awesome, lets see what you got

>>51852106
Here's more tits.
>>
>>51851617
>I don't know, what do you think?
I do, and nah.

It'd be like trying to herd cats with this bunch, and would likely end up just teaching newfags how to do better fizzbuzz in two rather deprecated languages: C and Lisp
>>
>>51852264
so we go for something like java or python instead
>>
>>51851617
who would want to enroll in a bootcamp run or otherwise associated with /g/?

There's nothing about us that suggests that we're competent or otherwise desirable to learn from.
>>
>>51852387
There are competent people on this board. We already come here to discuss tech as a group why not try to make something productive out of it?

and it being on /g/, it doesn't turn into some reddit-tier bootcamp
>>
I DO NOT HAVE TO SETTLE FOR WHAT'S IN THE SHELVES!!!!!!!
>>
>/g/ level programmers
That honestly sounds terrible
>>
>>51854352
then into something much more
>>
There was a great site that had links for all skill levels, I'll check my history later
>>
Just make a fucken IRC and be done with it.
>>
>>51852448
The problem with the bootcamp idea is that you need to remove the anonymity to make it work. The reason I come here is to say all the stupid shit I want to say and not have to worry about getting fired.

Also, if you haven't noticed, whenever the anonymity slips a little on 4chan, things become a reddit tier circle jerk. That's why we hate tripfags. The most you can get is something good that was built by a few people who go on /g/
>>
>>51851617
>>51852060
>>51852210
Well there are litteraly 1E7 tutorials on how to program. Most projects on github started somehow small an comprehensive for beginners to understand. The only language I learned outside of the internet was prolog. On the other hand it would have been nice to have support in the beginnning.
Would mentor if needed.
Also "we" should do it online. I have multiple ideas for that.
>>
>>51851617
Great idea. I'll make the logo.
>>
>>51851617
I'll write
>>
File: gcoding_29008.gif (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
gcoding_29008.gif
7 KB, 200x200
>>51856225
Finished the logo. What do you think guys?
>>
If you want to see something like this, just do it, threads like these are useless and the reason /g/ projects fail.

Want Grand theft Gentoo? SICP VN? Bootcamp? Starting building it yourself. You ideas people just expect SOMEONE ELSE to do the heavy lifting. Even naming their little idea is too hard for the modern /g/entooman.
>>
>>51855776
You could have a generated id which is only used when needed, but yeah, your point pretty much still stands.
>>
>>51856579
why not register only through email+pass, and get everyone a cock.li acc?
>>
File: coc.jpg (135 KB, 611x389) Image search: [Google]
coc.jpg
135 KB, 611x389
What about a code of conduct? You'll need a CoC to ensure that oppressed minorities have a equal chance at benefiting from the bootcamp. Limiting the CIS male demographic to 13% is a good start.
>>
>>51857406
Linus should write the coc for us.
>>
>>51857419
no. linus does not enforce a satisfactory cock on linux kernel development. i doubt he'll enforce a decent one on our project.

stop oppressing me with your unreasonable ideas.
>>
>>51852374
/g/ teaches: the worst abominations of programming languages that could possibly have been created in the existence of humanity
>>
>>51851617
>report for boot camp
>multiple long ceilingless hallways lead to different doors depending on which language you want to learn
>if you start down a path towards a door you are pelted with piss jars and stale microwave food by that language's detractors
>>
>>51857406
But everyone on g is already into traps, so no cis to be found here.
>>
>>51857419
Let's do this.

Our open source community strives to:

Be harsh and elitist.
Be pure: We strive to be a community that welcomes and supports people of a particular set of backgrounds and identities. This excludes minorities of any race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, colour, immigration status, social and economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, and mental and physical ability.
>>
>>51851617
>PLEASE JUST SPOONFEED ME WHAT I NEED TO KNOW TO MAKE PROGRAMS PLEASE ITS SO HARRRRD ON MY OWN PLEASE /g/
>>
>>51851617
>we can have /g/ level programmers
Top kek
>>
>learn syntax
>learn how to write tests and actually use them
>learn how to plan things out
>learn a bit about big O
>learn algorithms about sorting and graphs, maybe design patterns
>¿¿¿
>profit

I have no idea how anyone can't get up to this point other than laziness.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.