[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you would buy a Gaming Laptop, which one would you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 3353983 (1).jpg (25 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3353983 (1).jpg
25 KB, 600x600
If you would buy a Gaming Laptop, which one would you choose? I'm moving into a tiny apartment and don't have room for a desk any more.

Pic related is my current choice, Gigabyte P35X V4-NE001T. 4.8lbs, 15.6" 1080p display, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Intel i7 5700HQ, GTX 980M and 16GB ram. All this for $1600.
>>
>gaming laptop
oh shit nigga
>>
A used thinkpad and a PS4. Take the extra $1k and buy blow, cut it, flip it for a good profit. Rinse repeat.
>>
>>51846993
Gaming Laptop is an oxymoron

buy a laptop, buy a gaming desktop
>>
You would think after all the replies to posts like this that say how shitty of a purchase a gaming laptop is that maybe people would learn. But nah, I'm gonna waste a fuckton of money on a impractical purchase.
>>
I'd kill myself.

side question: how much battery life does this thing even have?
>>
>I literally have nowhere where there's a table that I can sit at, with a few square feet of space for a KB, monitor, mouse, and an ITX machine
maybe you should put that money into living in a better place
>>
>>51846993
There's no fucking way you have somewhere to sit with this laptop that isn't big enough for a desktop.
>>
>>51846993
my only advice is to get a laptop with easy access to cpu and gpu since youll be cleaniing and reaplying paste a lot..
its a big factor in laptops especially the kind you want.
get one that in order to get to them you wont have to unscrew everything like i do.
>>
File: 1445932337991.png (208 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1445932337991.png
208 KB, 600x480
If you had unlimited funds for your situation you would get an MSI GT80.

Only way to get desktop graphics in a notebook.
>>
File: wew.jpg (39 KB, 339x418) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
39 KB, 339x418
>>51848894
>>
>>51848416
>a few square feet
He only needs a foot if hes build a mini pc, just put the monitor on the case.
>>
>>51846993
OP I have the gigabyte p34g v2 and I can say it's a great machine if you want to keep all your computing in one small powerfull laptop.
Mine have a 14inch display and it's almost 1.7kg and 2cm thin. In my opinion 15 inch laptops are too big and heavy.
Mine laptop with the razer blade are the only compact and thin gaymen laptop around.
the pros:
Matte 1080p IPS display
Plenity of ports: 4 usb hdmi, vga, full size ethernet.
Dual storage: I'm rocking 500gb ssd + 2tb hdd
The build quality is better than average windows laptop the body is from aluminum where plastic would wear out and plastic in the bottom where heat dissipation is needed.
The size, it's almost the same size and weight as the mbpr13!

the cons:
The trackpad is absolute dogshit
When gaming of high use of cpu it's pretty loud
The default charging brick is fucking huge.
The keyboard is meh(average windows consummer laptop)
>>
>>51848319
People don't realize how bad the mobile graphics chip really is whereas anyone with a desktop is like yeah of course you can't put a gpu and a cpu inside a tiny laptop case with good results.
>>
>>51849591
One more thing, I got a huge discount on amazon for pre-ordering it I also not pay vat.
I would never pay the retail price for it, it's just too much.
My advice is you search for a used one.
>>
Alienware
Duhh
>>
Gamble your money away instead.
>>
>>51848291
Can't you read? I dont have room for my desk any more.

>>51848416
I don't want my keyboard, mouse and huge monitor on my kitchen table.

>>51848761
But I can put it away when I'm not using it.

>>51848894
The GT80 is cool, but it's waay to heavy for me. I want to be able to bring mine around without it being that heavy.

>>51849591
Finally an informative post. Thanks.

>>51849596
I know the performance wont be as good as if I built a desktop. But I need something smaller.
>>
>>51849936
It's a desktop replacement.

You keep it in your room and then when you move to another place from apt every few weeks bring the GT80.

Unless you won't be moving around, then a mini ITX gaymen desktop + cheap lappy is your choice.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.