[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have one of these? Debating buying one but I heard the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: C720.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
C720.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1080
Anyone have one of these? Debating buying one but I heard the screen wasn't so good.
>>
>>51840275
>Acer
>>
>>51840275
>TheVerge
>>
>>51840324
They're giving me money if I use their images.
>>
>>51840292
They redeemed themselves with chromebooks
>>
>>51840275
Well, it has an Intel CPU so you can easily replace Chrome OS with a Linux Distro of your choice.

>screen isn't good
The screen has a 1366x768 resolution so if you can deal with that it ought to be ok
>>
>>51840331
Doesn't help the fact that I have their IP blocked on my router to stop their constant shittery.
>shill
>>
>>51840453
Seek help kid.
>>
>>51840458
>Telling someone to seek help because they refuse to put up with shillery in a "news company"
Yeeeeah fuck off laddy
>>
>>51840275
The screen is crap, the keyboard and touchpad are terrible, and the power port has a nasty tendency to break and require a soldering iron to fix.

On the flipside Linux runs like a fucking dream on it if you replace the janky stock SSD with a larger, faster one.
>>
>>51840275
I bought 4 of them, they cost me ~$99/ea, I still have 2 and the two people I gave the other ones love them. Both came from Macs, in both cases it completely replaced their Macbooks after a month of "just try it whenever you get the chance".

That being said, they were totally worth it at the 100 dollar pricepoint, I'd say up to $200, but if you're thinking of buying them for the current price on Amazon, don't.

Inb4 botnet, inb4 other bullshit from posers who took a computer science course in community college and think they're hot shit now for some reason.
>>
>>51840514
Where'd you get them for that price?
>>
I like mine

put linux on it, never tried chromeos
you need make a few changes to make the mousepad working

Not the fastest thing boot does the job and it is light and small.

Don't buy it if you want to use it with chromeOS
>>
>>51840656
Amazon, right after the $150 sale they were on a flash sale for $99. And I have free one-day shipping since I live in DC so I hopped all over that shit.
>>
I have one and yeah its pretty nice for someone who needs a laptop to go along with their desktop PC for writing reports or browsing the web
>>
>>51840726
^

Plus I can play game on max settings via Chrome Remote Desktop from a coffee shop, and have like 20ms lag. Which, sure, is bad... But not bad for a laptop.

Especially one under $2k.
>>
I have the C720 right next to me although I don't use it much anymore

Pros:
>Just werks
>Very long battery life
>Linux works well on it obviously, no issues there
>Portable and pretty durable I'd say. It's weird that these POS computers you couldn't give one single fuck about are basically indestructable

Cons
>Screen is poor, not just resolution but colors and lighting
>It's not super high specced of course so it's not really much fun to try to run Autocad or try to plot a shit ton of data or anything
>>
>Buying a botnetbook
>>
0.10 rupees added into your account, sanjeep
got my acer chromebook 15 yesterday, i've been enjoying muh inconsolata at 10 px and 100 lines viewing without scrolling, it's a joy to use. You would be surprised how many I fooled by slapping an apple sticker behind the screen LOL
>>
The Acer Chromebook keyboards are dank. Even Linus agrees.
>>
>>51841862
too bad the rest of it is a joke, including the OS
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.