[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, for unimportant reasons I need to corrupt my iPhone,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Hey /g/, for unimportant reasons I need to corrupt my iPhone, without it looking suspicious.
Is there a way to go about this?
>>
>>51839939
No need to trick the person to give away their phone. Just use you skill and steal it, Jamal.
>>
>>51839946
Nah, I need a few files deleted without looking like I've deleted them. I was going to just drop it in water, but I don't want to pay for a new one.
>>
>>51839964
Why can't you just ask to delete that video of you in tranny clothes? Are you autistic?
>>
>>51839986
It's on my own phone, I want something deleted off it so no one can ask to see a certain text conversation and for me to not have it.
I've already deleted the conversation, which is more incriminating than what it would be like if I'd have just kept it there.
>>
>>51839997
just clean the phone and reinstall everything

>oh yeah I had to reinstall because of a buggy iOS update
>>
If its that incriminating just make the phone dissappear. If not... stop bitching
This is why criminals have two phones.
>>
>>51839997
What is the purpose of this thread? Is there any reasonable worries that other parties would be reading the contents of your phone? Also, did you use Apple's own messaging system, sms or something else? Either way service provider most likely has proof that said conversation happened. You could try overwriting your phone's memory with /dev/zero /dev/urandom couple times by using dd and reinstalling the phone, but can't do jack shit outside party would have access to service provider's data.
>>
>>51840025
>>51840027
I'd preferably like to have to send it back to apple and have them 'fix' it, that way there's as little suspicion as possible. It's still under warranty.
>>
I might as well tell the tl;dr story:

My girlfriend thinks I'm cheating on her. A woman I used to work with has taken it upon herself to try and ruin my relationship because she's an evil cow.
I'm absolutely not cheating, but the problem is that the woman she thinks I'm cheating on her with, something she text me a while ago bugged my phone out, so i deleted the conversation I had with her.
If my girlfriend asks to see the conversation, she's not going to believe what really happened because it's so unlikely. So I need to have an explainable reason why my phone has no content on it - simply saying that I needed to restore it will look suspicious since she's worried right now.
>>
>>51840078
>I'm absolutely not cheating, but the problem is that the woman she thinks I'm cheating on her with, something she text me a while ago bugged my phone out, so i deleted the conversation I had with her.
You should try to find non-technical solution to all of this. Could also try writing the phone's internal memory full of random data and sending it to repair, but females can see this kind of activity equally suspicious(same logic would be applied by forgetting the phone on your car's roof while you're driving down the highway for example)
>>
>>51840118
>Could also try writing the phone's internal memory full of random data
How would I go about that?
>>
>>51840078
1. explain it to her like a sane person you beta ass faggot
2. take note of all your installed shit and factory reset the phone after doing an update and say it fucked over your phone

buy an android device next time retard, if I wanted to do this I could back up all my apps and system data, format the nand, reflash the rom and restore all apps minus one. but noooo you had to pay 500 extra for a picture of an apple on that back
>>
>>51840147

/thread
>>
>>51840134
Linux live iso of your choice, boot up your computer, dd if=/dev/random of=/path/to/phone if it's accessible by Linux. I don't know or care enough to find out myself. If you have mac you could skip the part about live image and booting to it and try running that in your terminal
>>
>>51840147
>1. explain it to her like a sane person you beta ass faggot
I've done all that. I'm not sure how much she believes me just yet, so I want to cover all my bases.

>buy an android device next time retard
It came with my plan, I can't complain.

>>51840166
Thank you.
>>
>>51840173
then you obviously should've went with a different plan because this one was shit?
>>
>>51840185
I know, I know.
>>
File: that bulge.jpg (67 KB, 599x687) Image search: [Google]
that bulge.jpg
67 KB, 599x687
>>51839939
I recognize that bulge!
>>
Give it back tyrese
>>
Just checking, >>51840166 will this void my warranty, or anything like that?

Final request for ideas before I go ahead.
>>
>>51840166
/dev/random or urandom?
>>
>>51839939
i recognize that bulge
>>
>>51839939
MODS
>>
>>51840548
That doesn't matter
>>
>>51840147
>1. explain it to her like a sane person you beta ass faggot

>Women
>Sane

OH Honey, that's adorable.
>>
File: gay_shit.png (225 KB, 438x427) Image search: [Google]
gay_shit.png
225 KB, 438x427
>buying a phone that doesnt let you access internal files
:-| :-} >:) =-O :-)) :-$ ;-) :-! (:V) :-D :-\ :-P
>>
>>51839939
>>51839964
>>51839997

SMS your phone company has records of it so checking your phone is simply to have further backup of the communication

iMessage who fucking knows, all they have to do is send a legal request to Apple and if they keep logs the message will be provided to them so there is no use.

As far as the phone itself... you can reinstall iOS but the information is likely still there.

The best way to get rid of the artifacts in a storage space HDD/SDD is to fill it up with other stuff, fill every byte of that iphone and your chances will be better, provide the phone and not much should be found.

Or you can simply make the phone dissapear, and file a insurance claim.
>>
Just brake up. Easy and cheap fix.
>>
>>51840078
>he's not going to believe what really happened because it's so unlikely. So I need to have an explainable reason why my phone has no content on it

>yeah this bitch sent me the stupid "effective. power" message and it kept bugging out my phone so I deleted the message.

c'mon bro I came up with that on the spot
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.