[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>Enroll to master's degree in CS >>Pay first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: students-04.jpg (3 MB, 2600x1803) Image search: [Google]
students-04.jpg
3 MB, 2600x1803
>>Enroll to master's degree in CS
>>Pay first 2 grand for a semester
>>Java Swing as bleeding edge technology
fuck me dead...will it be better or is uniwersity degree really that worthless?
>>
>Java Swing in Master's degree
Shouldn't have gone to a shit university desu senpai
>>
File: eva rei.png (91 KB, 288x292) Image search: [Google]
eva rei.png
91 KB, 288x292
>>51825962
Why is Kerin so cute?
>>
why don't they teach just programming fundamentals and let you choose whatever language you want?
>>
>masters
>java classes
what school? I want to know how hard to laugh.
>>
>>51825962
It's not the framework you use that matters; it's the concepts
>>
Why the fuck is it so difficult for people to understand that nobody gives a shit what language you're using, it's all about the fundamental techniques.
>>
>>51825962
wtf kind of trade school are you going to? My MS in CS was all about concepts and research.
>>
CS concepts aren't exclusive to scheme or haskell, so they use java to help make sure you're not unemployed once you graduate.

I don't understand why there's so much hate toward these java schools when they're actually making an effort to put out employable graduates--something completely opposite of most other academic departments like physics or math.
>>
>>51827286
It's not the language that is the problem

It's teaching libraries and frameworks instead of combinatorics and graph theory that is the problem

This way graduates are unable to solve any complex real-world problems

They are eternally condemned to be code-monkeys

There is no escape from Java schools

Once a Java monkey always a Java monkey

Because you only learned the hip frameworks of the day, as soon as those get old you're out of work since you never learned transferable fundamental skills

It is hell

Stay away from Java schools
>>
>>51825962
>CS
Nice meme degree.
>>
>>51827480
sage
>>
>>51827480

>>Stay away from Java schools

You heard the moron, stay away from Java schools.

No Harvard, no Stanford, no MIT.

No matter that Java / Swing is the ground control and modelling software at NASA, random internet idiots doling out shit memes like "stay away from Java schools" are listened to for some reason.
>>
>uniwersity
Indian detected
>>
>>51828575
Java schools are schools that focus on Java

Harvard/MIT/etc focus on concepts and uses Java to illustrate those
>>
>>51825962
Black girl in the back of OP's pic is thick as fuck
>>
>>51828575
nice appeal to muh authority
java is still shit
>>
>>51825962
>be dumb shit poster on /g/
>go to shit-tier school b/c unintelligent
>spam the board with claims that CS degrees are useless and that every school is a java school
When in reality you're just a worthless piece of shit who couldn't get into a decent school

I don't even think you qualify for this response, this is obviously b8, you're not on your way to a MS in CS stop lying to yourself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.