[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? El Capitan Problems Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: os-x-el-capitan-logo-610x365.jpg (56 KB, 610x365) Image search: [Google]
os-x-el-capitan-logo-610x365.jpg
56 KB, 610x365
Why does my computer have so many weird, stupid problems after upgrading to El Capitan? Why couldn't they get it right, like they have with every OS release up until this point?

Is it because they started hiring developers who microdose on LSD at work?
>>
IT JUST WERKZ
>>
>>51820611
>Is it because they started hiring developers who microdose on LSD at work?

they might actually be innovative at apple if they did this
>>
What kind of problems are you experiencing? Mine is working literally flawlessly.
>>
>>51820611
The only problem I have is that El Capitan only works with Xcode/clang 7 (and not 6), whereas the NVIDIA compiler doesn't support version 7 yet.

Pic related
>>
>>51820667
>cant open ableton live 9.1 more than once per boot (apparently updating to 9.5 could help, but there's been mixed reports)

>window tearing where splash screens are

>sometimes gifs or webms in chrome will tear

it's mainly graphics stuff for me, but the Ableton thing is quite annoying. some of my vst's dont work either. i know it's because of the new system integrity protection

i waited until 10.11.2 specifically to avoid all this bullshit that i thought should be fixed by now. would a clean install do the trick?
>>
>>51820678
oh yeah, you reminded me. xcode on my machine takes about 30 seconds to start up, when before it was about 3 seconds.
>>
>>51820691
>would a clean install do the trick?
I didn't do a clean install, everything just works for me.

>cant open ableton live 9.1 more than once per boot (apparently updating to 9.5 could help, but there's been mixed reports)
That kind of sounds like an Ableton issue.
>>
>>51820704
>xcode
>start up

I wasn't talking about the IDE though... I really don't give a shit about it, but xcode as in the software building toolchain is bretty gud. But NVIDIA needs to up their game.
>>
>>51820654
>>they might actually be innovative at apple if they did this
Why do you Apple-hater dumbasses always act like Apple customers think they're innovative? Because Apple's marketing bullshitters like to pretend that? Apple's good at taking existing ideas and making them usable for the mass-market; that has always been their thing - this stupid "muh innovation" meme is one big /g/-straw-man to talk shit about a company that is in no way worse than Google or Microsoft.
>>
>>51820611
I've given up on OS X.
My Macbook is used as a dedicated web browser and web dev machine. Any other real work and media creation happens on my Surface 3.
iOS is where it all is with Apple at the moment and they're slowly fucking that up as well.
>>
File: 1447660688744.jpg (14 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1447660688744.jpg
14 KB, 306x306
>>51820773
>he's upset
>>
>>51820722
>would a clean install do the trick?
Helped a friend of mine who had worse issues
>>
>>51820786
No, he's irritated by stupidity - there's a difference.
>>
>>51820910
well then he's in the wrong place, senpai.
>>
Wipe and do a clean install. I haven't had many issues with El Cap and I've been using it since DP.
>>
>>51820653
It just werks until you start doing anything other than just use the web browser, skype and mail.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.