[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A way to view events going on in my computer in real time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: csgo.jpg (25 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
25 KB, 460x215
Help me, please. This is making me go insane. Can someone tell me how to view like an event log of things/processes/scripts/programs running on my computer in real time as they happen? I don't mean the task manager because this particular problem is something I'm 100% does not pop up on the task manager. In Counter Strike Global Offensive, after a certain while in game, I get COLOSSAL fps issues, going from 120 (I'm on a laptop) down to 20 and lower, and it remains this way for 30 seconds, and then goes back to normal. This repeats what feels like every 4 minutes or so.

I need to know what it is, because I've ruled out everything else. So, is there a way to see like a log or list of events/programs/scripts that are running on my computer, that I can check on and compare times to when they happened in game? PLEASE
>>
>>51820403
Windows has some logging facility, Linux can let you log even way more (and still play CS:Go).

However, you really just want to record what processes do in terms of RAM / CPU / disk / network usage. A detailed log is so many entries you can't process it anymore without statistics generated with regex and the like.
>>
>>51820431
PS: On Windows, it's the "resource monitor" thingie. Or you use the "sysinternals" ((now bought by MS) software on older versions of Windows.
>>
>>51820431
so there's no way I can see what's even going on when I get the fps issues?
>>
You sure it's not thermal throttling?
Maybe your CPU/GPU overheats and downclocks itself to cool down.
If not, a clean reformat will almost certainly solve your problem.
>>
oh its Windows 10 btw
>>
>>51820449
In detail? No, that's very unrealistic. WAY too much is going on at that very moment. And you won't understand the reason for 1/10 of it when you get a detailed "debug" type of output from your OS.

But the abstracted thing - what process is currently using how much RAM / CPU / disk - might be telling already. Maybe sensor heat data & throttling states of CPU and GPU, too.
>>
>>51820454
no, my laptop's still good as fuck so no downclocking I guess.
>>
>>51820478
Anon, it "still being good as fuck" has nothing to do with it thermally throttling.

It's a laptop. Most of them can't ramp up to gaming speeds for long. They get hot, then they throttle.
>>
>>51820502
This. Next time you run CSGO and it slows down, quicly minimize and check Speccy for the current temps
>>
>>51820454
This is probably what it is. When he said his fps dropped after a few minutes, that pretty much confirmed the CPU or GPU is overheating and throttling down.
>>
>>51820502
PS: /g/ has warned people for years not to get gaming laptops.

Most never listened, and still don't. Not sure why.
>>
>>51820475
ok, well, here's the thing. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the broadcast dvr service of the Xbox app. Loooong story long, on Windows 10, the Xbox app has a (initially turned on) feature called broadcast dvr that literally records 30 seconds of gameplay footage (for me, it's only counter strike global offensive). This is what I saw the first couple of times when I got these fps issues after getting Windows 10 (alt tabbing out of counter strike and immediately looking at task manager, where the bcastdvr thing was going on. Now, after going insane, I have: turned off that feature in the xbox app, deleted the xbox app through powershell, deleted EVERYTHING I found related to xbox and the bcastdvr/ broadcast dvr thing (deleted every folder, deleted every registry entry, FUCKING EVERYTHING). and yet, it's as if its still there, because the problem persists, even though what causes it should be completely gone.

so, any idea how I can view THAT particular process/script/something while in game through like a log viewer or resource monitor or whatever?
>>
Is your laptop getting enough power? It might be switching to power saver mode automatically and fucking up your framerate
>>
>playing games
Manchild
>>
>>51820502
>>51820534
>>51820552

well like I said I'm pretty sure it's not that, because this problem has only popped up since I got Windows 10, before that, on 8.1, like literally still the week before it, there was no issue at all, 120-130 fps on a non-gaming laptop. My laptop's on high performance, cs:go settings are all on lowest possible, and nothing major is running when I play cs:go.
>>
>>51820589
Log it in perfmon or with the sysinternals suite.
>>
>>51820612
bruh I literally only play cs:go, chill.
>>
>>51820633 (cont'd)
Just because like all things Windows sysadmin, it's an unintuitive clusterfuck, some linkage on how to do it:
https://superuser.com/questions/453909/log-cpu-by-process-over-time
>>
>>51820589
How about plugging in another monitor, placing speccy&resource monitor etc there, and playing csgo in windowed mode so you can see this shit when it happens? Also, in addition to monitoring the temps, check if disk usage jumps high.
If it's neither disk usage or temps, then you might want to check you have any bitcoin miners infecting your system.
If you have no monitor, then go loan one from your numerous friends.
>>
just to be clear, resource monitor or event viewer doesn't do this?
>>
>>51820629
Having the laptop on max perf increases the chance of thermal throttle.
Just have hardware monitor run in the background when you play and check the max temps
>>
>>51820575
csgo runs on my MacBook, so I don't think the problem is "gaming hardware"
>>
>>51820403

Check your temperatures
>>
When it starts lagging, minimuze the game and check Task Manager for CPU and Disk usage. Some system shit like virus scanning or indexing could happen anytime in Windows 10. I have this problem quite often too, but not for every 4 minutes, I'm pretty sire you're exaggerating.
>>
>>51820989
If you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.