[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do nerds worship this guy? How is he different from all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
Why do nerds worship this guy?

How is he different from all the other guys? I mean, we have SEVERAL space companies, and SEVERAL electric car manufacturers. He's not really doing anything new imho senpai.

I just don't get it.
>>
File: let_me_explain.jpg (57 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
let_me_explain.jpg
57 KB, 550x413
I am a nerd, and I do not worship that guy. What is a falicy?
>>
>>51810943
Couldn't they have actually bothered to put some part of a derivation or something on the board instead of just some random bullshit? This image would be so much better if they put some effort into it.
>>
>>51810827
Because he's analytical, calm, hard-working, direct and has the balls to take a risk.
>>
>>51810827
because reddit.
>>
>>51810827
How about you name somebody comparable?
>>
>>51810827
Who worships him? People like him or don't like him, cause he puts his personality for public scrutiny by advertising his company in media himself. Contrary to what most ceo's are doing he personally seeks media attention, so naturally people judge him.
>>
>>51811117
Sir Richard Branson
Jeff Bezos

Just to name a few.
>>
>>51811117

Steve Jobs
>>
>>51811173
>Sir Richard Branson
>Jeff Bezos
who?
>>
reddit marketing
>>
>>51811204
>take something that already exists
>make it marginally better
>build a cult around it as if you reinvented the wheel
>have people call you a scientific genius
>make billions out of it
>???
>profit
Spot-on
>>
I used to know him a bit socially. Smart guy.
>>
File: 1347313371559.jpg (2 MB, 4411x2480) Image search: [Google]
1347313371559.jpg
2 MB, 4411x2480
>>51811268
>>make it marginally better
Even that is debatable considering his rocket can barely lift 9 tons into Low Earth Orbit without blowing up, while Arianne 5 does more than twice that (22t) and had its last failure 14 fucking years ago, at a time Windows 98 was still widely used.

>b-b-but muh reusability
People who have been launching rockets before Musk was even born do not believe the reduction of cost will be significant enough. But I love how his fanbois automatically assume the inexperienced newcomer must be right.
>>
>>51811388
Instead of explaining to you why you're profoundly dumb, I'll just ask you to wait about a week for the next launch and see what happens.
>>
>>51811173
>Sir Richard Branson

His design cannot and never will reach orbit. It's literally a meme aeroplane for celebrities to blow money on.

>Jeff Bezos

Impressive achievement, but it was a) very recent and b) still incapable of reaching orbit. Not comparable to somebody like Musk, with a proven track record delivering to the ISS.

>Just to name a few.

Please, don't hold back.
>>
who?
>>
Nerd hipsters that think he's the real-life Tony Stark.
Of course, they casually forget that Stark was evil and also a drunkard.
>>
>>51811003

It has e=mc^2 on it, what more do you need?
>>
He has money
He is charizmatic
He is not afraid of innovation (i'm not saying he's the inventor, but he clearly embraces it).

But on top of that, he's not an asshat like for example Jobs was.

>Apple™ iPhone® blows in your pocket and loses signal when you hold it like any other fucking phone on the planet?
You're using it wrong you dumb goy!

>Single Tesla car had a faulty seatbelt mount?
Better recall all models on the road to make sure someone won't get killed because of our fuck up.

Such attitude brings tons of supporters.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>51811173
>Sir Richard Branson
>Sir
We're not in Britanistan you ugly muffled wog.
>>
Another day, another person that I've never seen.
>>
>>51810827
The Last of the White South Africans
part of the new Chosen
>>
>>51811958

Titles are universal. Go cry to you Commander In Chimp, Barack Hussein Obama
>>
>>51811917
People who worked for Musk say he's as big an asshole as Jobs was.
>>
>>51810827
>we have SEVERAL space companies
like?
>>
>>51812160
>>People who worked for Musk say he's as big an asshole as Jobs was.
>citation needed

It's pretty hard to be a bigger asshole than Steve -AHOLE- Jobs. So yeah...
>>
>>51811388
>People who have been launching rockets before Musk was even born do not believe the reduction of cost will be significant enough. But I love how his fanbois automatically assume the inexperienced newcomer must be right.
Source? Genuinely interested in this. It's however hard to believe we shouldn't be researching re-usability and investing in it like Musk is doing.
>>
>>51811388
>People who have been launching rockets before Musk was even born do not believe the reduction of cost will be significant enough

Implying there has ever been any sort of innovation that didn't generate some degree of disbelief from the old guard.
>>
>>51812231
The short list USA, Russia, China, Elon Musk.
>>
>>51810827
>normies
FTFY
>>
>>51811469
>anon refuses to mindlessly buy into the hype
>you call him dumb
Kek. Assuming the rocket doesn't explode like the average US launcher, landing it back is actually the easy part. I'm surprised that they still haven't been able to do that despite so many trials (kinda reflects poorly on their abilities, but they do try really hard, I'll give them that). Being able to refurbish it to the same standard as if it was brand new and make the whole thing commercially profitable is the hard part. And no, it's not because airliners work that way that big ICBMs must as well.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.