[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sorry for this but... I'm a British student, hoping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ucla-logo.jpg (640 KB, 1181x1256) Image search: [Google]
ucla-logo.jpg
640 KB, 1181x1256
I'm sorry for this but...

I'm a British student, hoping to go to America for CS, his good is UCLA for this. I'm a bit of a retard to MIT and IVY League are out, but I could try for UCLA. Thank you.

Also Uni / certs theread
>>
>>51805291
Lol
Why would you ever do that
>>
>>51805291

UCLA is a good school. Check their facebook page and try messaging some faculty students.
>>
>>51805291
UCLA is hardly for retards. The CS program will make you work for your degree.
>>
>>51805291
Why not just go to a British school? It's not like you live in some third world shithole with no recognized universities, you're just wasting money.
>>
>>51805291
Can you even afford it? You know how much more expensive American unis are compared to ours? It's not like you're gonna get a student loan there.
>>51805354
This. There's plenty of good CS programmes in the UK.
>>
>>51805354
every 6th former at one points determines theyre going to study in america after watching some shitty films with red beer cups and cheerleaders
>>
What's wrong with british university?
>>
>>51805396
OP, made me laugh. Anyway, no I wanted to really push myself CS wise. And we'll MIT is on America, so naturally it flowed from there. I've been told.I will need to set aside social stuff and just study for my degree no bullshit frat stuff.
>>
>>51805423
You are clearly clueless and are not MIT/UC* material.

>going to 4chan for university advice
>>
>>51805444
Good luck with your life as well,
>>
OP you should learn to use a calculator before attempting to go to UCLA. You will be in debt up to your eyeballs.
>>
Carnegie Mellon, Berkeley, Georgia tech, university of Illinois are much better. Recommend going to us college news and getting at good idea of ranks from there. You can Google scattergrams for sat to gpa options and get and idea of chances from those. Good luck
>>
>>51805291
>I'm a bit of a retard to MIT
I don't think that's true, almsot everyone can get into MIT if they work hard enough
>>
I enjoy free European university (you brit fags have started paying for university, is that good or bad? I enjoy the free uni) , but if I had unlimited money I would do CS at stanford. Seen some courses from there, they are good at teaching
>>
>>51806232
Of course it's bad but and it's only getting worse but on the other hand the majority will probably never pay their student loans back, the system's just designed this way. You can leave uni and never have to worry about it ever again. Only if you earn above £21k a year they'll charge a small fraction of your monthly wage via Direct Debit so, in fact, you never get to see that money anyway. The system's certainly better and more lenient than what they've got in the US.
>>
>>51805291
Go to Berkeley instead.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.