[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were macs ever good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: 103_iMacG4_1920x1200.jpg (192 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
103_iMacG4_1920x1200.jpg
192 KB, 1920x1200
Were macs ever good?
>>
>>51803851
It has always been proprietary (non-free) software. So no.
>>
>>51803851
only if you're a faggot
>>
>>51803865
kuck spotted
>>
>>51803851

nope they've always been shit at video games and haven't gotten much better

they serve utterly no purpose
>>
>>51804142
>games
Reported for underage
>>
after Jobs left they went from making decent computers to genuinely overpriced junk.

Then he came back and while they were still selling overpriced, underpowered computers, they were vastly better.

Now Jobs is dead, the company is absolutely fucked developmentally unless they change drastically. They wanna be like Sony? Then they can die together.
>>
File: iMac_Evolution_Wide.png (249 KB, 1113x809) Image search: [Google]
iMac_Evolution_Wide.png
249 KB, 1113x809
Nah, ever since 2004 apple tried to cram desktop performance in thin displays. Obviously all of them have laptop grade performance. They were always bad.
>>
>>51804195
>Laptop performance

Confirmed for autist. Get back to us when you find some benchmarks, bud.
>>
>>51803888

No, you're a cu.ck.
>>
>>51804227
an imac with i7, 16gb ram and 1tb fusion drive (which is worse than ssd + hdd) costs $2000. it doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card.
for $1500 you can get a laptop with an i7, 16gb ram, 500gb ssd + 1tb hdd and a 960m.
>>
Maybe back when we needed something to provide quality UNIX systems.

That age didn't last very long.
>>
>>51804227
He's right though. Macs throttle heavily when put under load. I don't think the processors can go past 3GHz when under load. That's laptop performance to me. All macs were overpriced as fuck too.
>>
>>51804337
so what he truly ment to say was to...
get a perfomance laptop instead ;)
>>
If Woz were still in the company and Jobs had left. Honestly Apple would have been million times better off.
>>
>>51804227
>>51804399
I'm pretty sure Macs are just laptop parts crammed inside a display, with only desktop cpus.
>>51804337
You could also technically build NUC/mini pc/htpc box including a good monitor at the same price as other Imacs. The best part about Imac has been the dispaly, anyway.
>>
>>51803888
Good goy, being apples bitch-I mean customer is the smart way to live life.
>>
>>51804142
>caring about video games
,>the year of our Lord two-thousand-fifteen

Shiigeru Ban
>>
>>51804828
You're not understanding that there is an iMac, which is the consumer desktop - close to a laptop but not intended for portability - and there is the Mac Pro, which has the trash can looking tower, meant for actual production. I actually use those at work and they're fucking fast as shit and super reliable. Rendering is not so incredibly painful like any other computer I've used.
>>
>>51803888
fuck of back to reddit
>>
Honestly, my aluminum Mac Pro is probably my favorite computer I've ever owned. I've upgraded nearly every component that can be upgraded and it has served me really well for the past few years I've owned it.

It's too bad that Apple under cook has turned into a bit of a shitshow.
>>
>>51805045
>a bit
>>
Well windows users I know talk about their laptops slowing down after a year and a half, I've had my macbook pro for 4 years and it still runs like it did on day 1
>>
>>51805085
>implying Yosemite wasn't slow
>>
>>51805121
I went straight from 10.7 to 10.11 so I don't know if it was or not? Never felt the need to update
>>
>>51804989
I was referring to the Imac, which does literally have laptop parts on the device. Hence comparing Imacs to other laptops isn't farfetch at all.

>>51805085
That's more due to how OSX+plus it's software platform works and you won't lose track on what applications/setting impact your performance. Of course Macs don't have bloatware on their OS either.

Same thing with the "OSX gets no virus meme", Apple gives you centralized hub for content, that acts another security layer for your computer.
>>
File: 4L_PGFFMpZv.jpg (44 KB, 474x474) Image search: [Google]
4L_PGFFMpZv.jpg
44 KB, 474x474
>>51803888
Trips spotted
>>
>>51804176
> after Jobs left they went from making decent computers to genuinely overpriced junk.

They made overpriced junk then as well, but he was charming. It's like domestic violence from someone you love, it might even feel like a good thing. Like first generation iPhone made all the mac Faggots go "we would never use apps anyway so it doesn't matter that iPhone don't have apps" and then iPhone got apps. But if the current ceo of apple removed apps it would be considered stupid and not 'visionary' like if Steve jobs did it
>>
Macs were relatively good when Windows was on version 3.x
>>
>>51804989
Lol where do you work that actually render on your workstation and not upload that shit to a dedicated render server? Must be a fucking pleb tier company. Though, you do use macs that's pretty much fucking confirmed.
>>
They peaked with their Core2Duo machines around 2008/9. Unibody was their death.
>>
>>51804195
Macfags usually just want to do laptop applications anyways
>>
>>51803851
It's like asking "was it ever good to get fucked in the ass ?"
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.