[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fuck is this world coming too? how do you stop this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: really nigga.png (146 KB, 1470x926) Image search: [Google]
really nigga.png
146 KB, 1470x926
what the fuck is this world coming too? how do you stop this?
>>
>>51800707
>not useing hide my adblock/disable anti adblock
pleb
>>
>>51800707
http://www.edmunds.com/about/visitor-agreement.html
>>
File: 1447660688744.jpg (14 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1447660688744.jpg
14 KB, 306x306
>>51800707
>he uses adblock plus
>>
>>51800707
>not using ublock origin
>>
>>51800707
>using adblock
what a faggot you are
>>
>how do I into add filter
>>
>expecting people to work for free
>>
File: 1449395549648.png (507 KB, 712x1762) Image search: [Google]
1449395549648.png
507 KB, 712x1762
Add this filter
Proceed.

edmunds.com##body > div.modal-panel.classic.no-close.no-title.no-pop-out
>>
F12 and delete the
<div>
>>
great thread kids
>>
>>51800743
By reading this comment or viewing its content, you accept and agree to be bound by this Redditor Agreement and each of its provisions. This is a legally binding agreement between you and us, so please read it carefully.

Redditor Agreement
You must immediately leave 4chan and never view this site again.
>>
>>51800786
Not for free, just a different business model than advertising, such as patronage, donations, sponsorship etc.
>>
>>51801943
I still don't get why /g/ is so butt blasted about advertisements?

do you guys wish that content creators removed ads and moved to patreon, donations, sponsors so you could watch the content without anything and expecting that the others pay?
>>
>>51801981

Advertising is violence. It is forcing unwanted images, sounds, ideas onto my screen ie into my room. These are not gifts, but acts of manipulation - they strive to instil a desire by inducing a feeling of inadequacy that can be overcome and replaced with joy by giving them money - something that wasn't there a second ago before the ad.
That is to say, they cause harm.
They are in no way acceptable.

I only want to see content that is given away for free, an expression of the creator so genuine and heartfelt that they want to share it so much they'll pay to share it.
If someone is making content for money it is polluted by the profit motive, and not worthy of polluting my brain.
>>
>>51802045
you are insane, why would anyone bother making content if they were unable to make a living off of it, advertisements inform you about a product, if you decide you dont want it, then skip the fucking ad after 5 seconds.

if you are so weak minded you cant say no to a fucking ad you should not be allowed to live on this planet.

if a creator makes content, he/she should be allowed to expect to make money off of it, senpai.

you are just a fat fucking neckbeard faggot who wants everything for free, the world does not work like that, sorry.
>>
>>51802079
>if a creator makes content, he/she should be allowed to expect to make money off of it, senpai.

unless it's garbage. creating something doesn't entitle you to anything.
>>
>>51802103
if you think its garbage, dont fucking watch it in the first place you fucking faggot, its not like you have to
>>
>>51800707
>install uBlock Origin
>add "Anti-Adblock Killer | Reek" under 3rd party filters
>worry no more about bullshit like this
>>
>>51802079

Do you shill intentionally?
Or are you so hopelessly enslaved that you actually think you are free?

You are defending not getting free stuff. Wow, they must have got you as a child.

But let me retort.
>why would anyone bother making content if they were unable to make a living off of it?
Wow. this might confuse you, but money isn't happiness. I do more things with my time than 'make a living'.
>advertising informs you...
Ha, like ingredient lists and production line distances? Or are ads "look how happy these people using our product are, ugly".
>can't say no to an ad
The point it I shouldn't be being put in the situation where I have to.
>should be allowed to expect...
She's free to do so, I won't stop her from having those thoughts. Her expectations that I'll pay for her shit, or even sit through the torture of advertising, will be met with a cruel reminder of reality.

>you are just a...
that line times us all about you, not me :^)
>>
>>51800707
Block it.
>>
>>51802176
you might do things out of pure joy of doing things(desu I do that sometimes too) but if you want to make it your full day job(like linus did) you have to find a way to generate revenue so you can hire employees and not starve to death wile doing something you love, if everyone did everything just for the pure joy of it, we would not need advertisements or money.
>>
>>51802045
>>51802176
i understand and agree with your points, but the way that you regurgitate arguments posted on this board that were once concise and straightforward in this really flowery and overwrought way is making me ill
>>
>>51802200
soooo: advertising - yay or nay?
Are you still describing it as 'necessary'?
>>
>>51802211
words are fun to play with.

But please link the concise versions, anon-friend.
>>
stop going.

cnn has tried the same crap on multiple occasions over the years with paywalls. failed every time and they lifted the paywall after the traffic started dropping off. if you cant speak with your wallet, speak with your lack of traffic.
>>
>>51802214
advertisement is the most convenient way to generate revenue as an online content creator, since most people visit many websites and/or youtube channels and most likely wont be a patreon or donator to all of them.
>>
File: 1449368960242.png (173 KB, 1766x422) Image search: [Google]
1449368960242.png
173 KB, 1766x422
>>51802220
it's important to have a strong vocabulary but it's also important to understand getting arguments and dialogue across in a way that doesn't make you look like someone who is trying way too hard to sound intellectual.

recent example: https://rbt.asia/g/thread/S51696386#p51696484
>>
>>51802251
exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

>trying hard to sound smart
Do I?! help me improve.
I thought I was being vivid and clear.
>>
>>51802232

And murder is the most convenient way of shutting someone up for good.

Adblockers are good.
>>
Does this happen if you use your host file to block ads? I never seen it and I just use the host file
>>
>>51802263
if your writing sounds like it could be delivered on a stage by an embarrassing theatre major then you should probably rewrite it. currently you write like the kid who made that "in this moment I am euphoric" quote about atheism on reddit. you write like you're trying hard to impart some poignant wisdom on whoever is unlucky enough to get your attention, instead of having an actual conversation.
>>
>>51802351
thankyou, ill take that in.
>>
>>51800707
Block javascript, too.
>>
>>51802267
why are you against people making money, anon? fucking commie
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-11-10-50-31.png (241 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-11-10-50-31.png
241 KB, 1440x2560
>>51801943
So you donated to Wikipedia too?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.