[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: the worst IDEs you've ever had the displeasure of working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: nexus2cee_new-splash.png (16 KB, 338x297) Image search: [Google]
nexus2cee_new-splash.png
16 KB, 338x297
ITT: the worst IDEs you've ever had the displeasure of working with
>>
>>51799020
There was this 5400 RPM in this bargain basement Dell that was just awful.
>>
>>51799039
Ok, I laffed.
>>
>>51799039
DESKSTAR
>>
enlighten me on what's bad about Android Studio.

I'm sort of a daytripper when it comes to working with this stuff; I'm a mechanical engineer but have done a couple applications in Android Studio talking to embedded hardware over Bluetooth; where does the IDE break down when it comes to larger projects?
>>
>>51799099
It breaks down right off the start of a project, Gradle is just shit, keeps losing track of the references.
Why does an IDE need to reboot to fucking work, multiple times at that.
>>
>>51799141
I blame Android SDK on that, Intellij minus android sdk is actually good.
>>
eclipse.

went right back to emacs
>>
Kiel.

It was like an ugly text editor with a debugger. Thanks...
>>
File: notepad.png (56 KB, 1061x631) Image search: [Google]
notepad.png
56 KB, 1061x631
>>51799020
>>
>>51799253
thats not an IDE smartass
>>
>>51799141
I have no problems with mine sempai. Could be because I haven't upgraded since 1.1.
>>
>>51799262

The joke

Your head
>>
>>51799141
anytime it has a reference problem, i just click the button asking if i want android studio to fix the problem, and the problem is fixed. what messes it up a lot is its github integration. i started just downloading zips instead.

other than that, i've had no problems.. i like it better than netbeans or eclipse
>>
>>51799141
>>51799265

Latest version here, no problems whatsoever
I've got a good 20 activities and a shit ton of utility and reference classes
>>
>>51799230
Honestly, why do people shit on eclipse? It's clunky, but the class/package manager is nice; something you don't really get from a syntax editor.
>>
IntelliJ is pure sex as an IDE, so I blame Google for whatever shit they did to it to make "Android Studio."
Just download IntelliJ and add the Android module. Works fine.
>>
>>51799020
>install android studio
>the default app literally doesn't compile
>45 minutes of fuckery and googling later it turns out only one person every bothered to actually answer that question, and it was extremely trivial too
>then I find out that everything else is basically broken too
>eventually manage to work around a slew of this bullshit
>go to sleep for the day
>next day
>R is not found
I don't understand how anybody can use this shitpile. How on earth does the hello world app not compile. Why the fuck would they even do that?
>>
>>51799411
yea, i get the R bullshit too. kind of annoying but all i have to do to fix it is press the button that says "root project" or something.
>>
>>51799411
Literally the only problem I have with Android Studio is trying to import a project from Eclipse into it.

Otherwise I have no idea what you're on about.
>>
File: 1445179706791.png (41 KB, 890x670) Image search: [Google]
1445179706791.png
41 KB, 890x670
>>51799411
The default Android Studio projects compile. Don't blame an IDE for your failings.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.