[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of this PC for doing things like play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: 1433884591096.gif (176 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1433884591096.gif
176 KB, 500x281
What do you guys think of this PC for doing things like playing video games (League of Legends, Fallout 4, CS:GO, Osu!, etc), streaming, and the occasional Photoshop crap?

>sold out
It's available at my local Costco. I'm looking to upgrade my laptop because it cannot stream and drops frames on games and movies at least twice a day.

Link: http://www.costco.com/.product.100240486.html
>>
>>51797806
Just build your own for fuck's sake.
>>
File: image_21.jpg (68 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
image_21.jpg
68 KB, 884x800
>>51797901
>building a laptop
>>
>>51797901
>building my own
>being this autistic
I kind of sort of have a life outside of video games, you know...
>>
>>51797936
>Being unable to read
>>
No, you can't get a laptop that can stream the video games you've listed. Get a real PC.
>>
File: 1449347249632.gif (204 KB, 311x503) Image search: [Google]
1449347249632.gif
204 KB, 311x503
>>51797970
You said to build a laptop bud.
>>
>>51797955
It's like legos for adults, it takes an hour or two tops.

You'll save ~$200 over buying a shitty desktop like that.

Also the desktop in the OP has a way over powered CPU for that level of graphics card, and you likely wont be able to play games like fallout without lowering graphics to low.
>>
>>51797955
/g/ will never suggest a pre-bulit PC to you, if that's what you want us to back you on you can fuck off.

>>51797990
Open the link in the OP, retard.
>>
>>51797806
OP, you can't run Fallout on that piece of shit. Build your own.
>>
>>51798005

>it's like lego!!! XD
>Yeah just like a $1k lego with a high chance of fucking up your CPU or discharging your mobo!!!! xDdD

Yeah, nah. I'm not falling for this 'just build your own PC' meme, not this time /g/, not this fucking time.
>>
>>51798179
You don't deserve to post on /g/, leave.
>>
>>51798179
>high chance of fucking up your CPU or discharging your mobo
wow do normies actually think this is likely?

Alright dude, waste money on shit if you want, you're being fucking retarded though.

I put together 5 computers by the time I was 16.
>>
File: comedy gold.jpg (32 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
comedy gold.jpg
32 KB, 320x480
>>51797806
>gayman laptop
>>
>>51798211

Suuuure

I should install gentoo too right?
Maybe get a pair of xiaomis and buy a thinkpad ! Xd

Maybe I should delete system 32 too xxdddd

Please can you just stop trolling and give helpful advice for once?
>>
>>51797806
Dude, it's almost fucking impossible to damage components unless you are literally fucking retarded.

>be me, 16 years old, put an ad on Craigslist that I would work on computers for cheap
>old guy hits me up, wants a new graphics card installed in a computer in his shop that runs a CNC machine
>Get to the shop, it's 95 degrees in there.
>Open up his case. Pull out the old board, and immediately start sweating fucking bullets because of how hot it is.
>As I'm clipping on the 6 pin power cable, I watch in slow motion as a drop of sweat falls off my head and lands on his motherboard.
>Put it back together, thinking my perspiration fried his shit.
>As I'm putting the screws back in the case I realize I forgot to ground myself
>Plug it in, it starts right up, I install the drivers.
>He hands me a 50 and says "damn, kids today are geniuses."

And that is the story of me literally fucking everything up and not doing any damage to his rig. Building your own computer is easy as fuck. Just whipe the barbecue sauce and cheeto dust off your fingers first.
>>
>>51798291
either your a retard or /g/ is for responding to a bait thread
>>
>>51798395
at this point it's a bait thread, he specifically mentions all the obvious memes and then throws building your own computer in with them as if they are anywhere similar on scale of retarded.
>>
>>51797990
OP asked if he should buy a prebuilt desktop PC to replace his Laptop. Anon suggested OP build is own desktop PC. You went full retard with >building a laptop
>>
>>51798441
I'm the legit OP. I would trip, but you people all have something against tripfags, even if it's just for one thread.

I did not make any troll or bait responses. I only came on here asking for your opinion of a prebuilt machine.

What do you guys suggest I get, then? I really want that CPU since it's not gonna slow down for at least five to six years.
>>
>>51798441

>that feel when your bait is too obvious and people stop encouraging you to do your first build

Flew too close to the sun there.

I'm actually building tomorrow, any sincere advice?
>>
>>51798517
don't fuck up.
>>
>>51798292
>Building your own computer is easy as fuck.
Yes, but the mystique of the PC (rig) builder lingers like the smell of a wet dog on a cold day.
The comparison with Ikea furniture is unfair; that Ikea stuff is hard.
>>
File: 2015-12-10_223611.png (107 KB, 775x1039) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-10_223611.png
107 KB, 775x1039
Build a PC yourself, they said.
It will be cheaper, they said.
>>
>>51798710
at least it wont be a shitty fucking dell with locked down BIOS and a processor you can't replace later on
>>
>>51798710
You fail at building.

The CPU you chose isn't even compatible, get educated.
>>
>>51798710
>DDR4 RAM
>H110M Motherboard
>4790K
What the fuck are you doing
>>
>>51798770
>>51798774
This is just a simulation. The actual CPU--the i7 6700--is like $100 more. So much for being cheaper.

>>51798756
Why the fuck would I need unlocked BIOS and a CPU replacement?
>>
File: dear god.jpg (25 KB, 400x324) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
25 KB, 400x324
>this thread is still going
>>
>>51798898
you just bumped it asswipe
>>
>>51798930
>not answering my question
>>
>>51798977
sage you dumb motherfucker i aint answering shit
>>
>>51798517
>any sincere advice
Just watch some youtube videos if you are feeling overwhelmed, and dont FORCE anything, you might need to be firm, but you should never have to FORCE something into place.
>>
>>51798984
Such a great attitude.

Must be great to be a NEET. All you gotta do is blame other people, right?
>>
>>51798803
>I still picked the wrong, most expensive parts, even after attempting, because I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing
>"S-so much for being cheaper!"
Haha, just fuck off already. Get an Apple laptop, normie.
>>
>>51798803
>Why the fuck would I need unlocked BIOS and a CPU replacement?
because it means you can never upgrade, also the PSU might not be user replaceable, meaning whatever GPU it comes with is the only GPU you can use because better GPUs will require a better PSU, and dell used to have custom PSUs so you couldnt just go buy a better one and switch it out.

They lock it down so you can't upgrade easily because then you buy a new computer when it starts to age instead of saving money and only upgrading what you need to upgrade.
>>
>>51799008
Actually, you know what, I will.

It's going to piss you faggots off and it's going to score me points with all of the other normies in uni. Shit, it'll even attract chicks to me since they're gonna think I'm rich or something. Maybe I'll get to fuck your oneitis and kek you, too.
>>
>>51798710
>>51798803
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7nFPwP

This is a build that, for only $30 more, will TROUNCE the Dell XPS.

Though i'd suggest amping it up to a 4790K and Z97 at extra expense.

Lurk more.
>>
>>51799032
I'll check this out.

Thank you for your help! :3
>>
If you REALLY don't want to build one, go for it. At least switch out the graphics card.
>>
>>51799032
Decent build, GTX 970 DESTROYS the GTX745 in the OP. by a wide margin as well.
>>
File: areply.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
areply.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1280
>>51798998
I had to force the backside of my case closed due to how shitty the cables were when they were first unraveled.
Closes fine now since they've flattened out a bit.
>>
>>51800109
I was meaning more like CPU, RAM, GPU, etc.

Everything is specifically engineered to fit properly.
>>
>>51800136
I know.
Still, I actually unplugged one of my SATA data cables as a result (bumped it loose), and had to fix it later.
>>
Imo: if your PC only drops in performance randomly TWICE a day, you have something going on beyond just the performance of your PC. If your PC can handle league, it can handle league at noon the exact same as it can handle it at 7PM. Protip: your computer does not gaf what time it is.

Sure when everybody drops their ults at the same time you're gonna notice a performance decrease because there is a massive increase in graphical effects happening at that time, but otherwise your computer should be performing consistently. If that is not the case, your problem is not your hardware (unless you have heating issues).
>>
>>51798509
I promise you from the bottom of my heart that building a PC is seriously easy as fuck. The hardest thing you will do is connect the case power on and reset buttons to your motherboard (but seriously bring a pair of pliers), everything else is as easy as figuring out how to attach a file to an email. You can look up a guide on the internet beforehand if you don't believe me.

Installing any distribution of linux (besides ubuntu/mint/fedora/debian) to the point of being usable as a daily driver is 100x harder than building a PC.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.